Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Icebreaker - childhood favorite movies

User Profile: Desmynn6789
Desmynn6789 April 13th, 2022

Hi everyone ❤️! Today’s post is going to be about our favorite childhood movies. When we were young, we may have watched a lot of movies and some of them may have had a great effect on us.


  • What movie was one you wanted to watch over and over again?


  • What made it so compelling?


  • Do you still watch it today?





For me, a movie I wanted to watch over and over again was Milan. It was compelling because I love seeing the main character become a warrior and I wanted to become one myself. Additionally, I do still watch it today because I still find the movie fun to watch. What about you?


I look forward to seeing all of your childhood favorite movies 😊!

54
User Profile: Mashedpotato364
Mashedpotato364 April 21st, 2022

A movie I watched over and over again was Now and Then.


I think I liked it so much because of the friend group and then being there for each other. I wanted that so bad. It was also around the time i started fantasizing about love and there was a cute scene where one girls crush talked w her and I remember watching that part over repeatedly lol I think I just wanted someone to notice/see me.


I haven't watched it in years. I would if I had a copy of it or some way to.

User Profile: soulsings
soulsings April 24th, 2022

@Mashedpotato364 I was curious so I went to youtube and put in movie now and then and there are some scenes from it.

Thanks for sharing.

User Profile: Mashedpotato364
Mashedpotato364 April 30th, 2022

Oh that's a great idea! I'm going to do that now thank you so much.


User Profile: soulsings
soulsings April 30th, 2022

@Mashedpotato364 hope you enjoy the stroll down memory lane.

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: MaxAvoidsDoingTax
MaxAvoidsDoingTax April 30th, 2022

@Desmynn6789
Harriet the spy was like, my favourite movie for a long time. I loved it 'cause i was kinda an oddball kid who also liked to write, and i just loved the whole feel and aesthetic of the movie. I'd probably watch it again, just when i get the time to.

User Profile: calmsoulmeet
calmsoulmeet May 1st, 2022

@Desmynn6789

My favourite childhood movie was :

"Baby's day out" . I still watch it whenever it airs on television . I absolutely loved and adored the little baby in it . The movie made me chuckle like anything .

Especially there was one scene in the movie of the baby getting inside the cage of a Gorilla and the goons trying to take away the baby . OMG ! That scene was so funny .

Does anyone recall watching that movie ?

User Profile: soulsings
soulsings May 1st, 2022

@calmsoulmeet I do not recall that specific one but I did see Home Alone and that kid made those chasing him look silly.



User Profile: calmsoulmeet
calmsoulmeet May 1st, 2022

@soulsings

Do check the one I recommended . You will really like it . It's on YouTube too .

User Profile: soulsings
soulsings May 1st, 2022

@calmsoulmeet thanks humor helps me cope with life!

User Profile: calmsoulmeet
calmsoulmeet May 3rd, 2022

@soulsings

Same with me soul :)

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 May 3rd, 2022

@calmsoulmeet

I just saw the trailer, it's hilarious and you're so right the scene with the Gorilla is soooo funny! 😊

User Profile: calmsoulmeet
calmsoulmeet May 3rd, 2022

@amiablePeace77

Thanks ami !!!! :).

Do watch the entire movie if u have time . I am sure u will like it . :)

User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 May 3rd, 2022

@calmsoulmeet

On my watch list already! 😊

User Profile: calmsoulmeet
calmsoulmeet May 4th, 2022

@amiablePeace77

Yay !!!

In case u end up liking it do inform me 🙂

load more
load more
load more
load more
User Profile: FennecDaFurry
FennecDaFurry May 4th, 2022

@Desmynn6789 used to absolutly love planes. its just like cars but it has planes instead.basically a crop duster wants to race but cant due to hardware. but i'll leave the rest for you guys to watch

and yes i still watch this movie

User Profile: diplomaticPond9736
diplomaticPond9736 May 4th, 2022

@Desmynn6789,

my favorite childhood movie was cars(2006) . Thanks for the thread

User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 May 4th, 2022

@diplomaticPond9736

It has great music too! 😊

User Profile: diplomaticPond9736
diplomaticPond9736 May 7th, 2022

@amiablePeace77,

very true , my favorite song from the movie was “life is a highway”

User Profile: soulsings
soulsings May 7th, 2022

@diplomaticPond9736 yes that is a great song title.

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: pandaprincess9
pandaprincess9 May 4th, 2022

I still watch Spirited Away over and over. I saw it on VHS when I was a little kid. At the time, I was going through the same things as Chihiro. I feel like even almost 20 years later, even though I've watched it at least 100 times, I still notice tiny new details

User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 May 4th, 2022

@pandaprincess9

I don't know the full movie but the trailer is awesome, I read it's also an Academy Award winning masterpiece,

load more
User Profile: CatDude
CatDude May 4th, 2022

Very tough question as I can't really remember. Possibly Ghostbusters. I loved that as a kid, when I was a kid I had a few Ghostbusters toys. Loved my stay puft marsh mellow man.

User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 May 7th, 2022

@CatDude

Ghostbuster was a real classic!

load more
User Profile: limeOcean5805
limeOcean5805 May 16th, 2022

"След", detective series with realistic corpses and murder scenes, which made it so great, and, yeah, I still watch it

User Profile: akers
akers December 15th, 2022

I like Disney movies a lot and I rewatch almost all of them being an adult. I think, my favorite is Lion King. I cry every time I saw it. Recently I installed Kodi here and found there are a lot of Disney movies that I adored in childhood. So, I made a list of them and want to watch them before the new year.

User Profile: soulsings
soulsings December 17th, 2022

@akers I have memories of watching many Disney movies with my daughter when she was young. I have had tears well up when I hear a song from them.

load more