I have experienced trauma but I am not...
I have experienced trauma but I am not...
Share your truth and help break the stigma.
giving up.
But I will not be defined by it. I will be the higher presence and awareness. I focus on what I can control.
I have experienced trauma but I will not yeild.
@ShyBlueFlower *Yield
I am not defined by it
What I hope you guys take a moment to appreciate in yourselves, is that you're here. You're not just lingering in the dark and twiddling your thumbs - you're making serious progress by reaching out and talking about these things; focusing on self realizations and self-growth.
This post isn't relevant to the subject matter of Trauma in itself, but a reminder - You ARE MAKING PROGRESS.
I am heartened to see so many here who have worked through their trauma. I'm sorry to say I am actually completely broken. I am not a fully functioning adult anymore and I 've not been able to recover from the multiple traumatic incidents I have experienced. That's why I joined this site, hopefully to learn how to recover and begin to live again. I've seen many, many counselors and none of them have been able to help, unfortunately.
Your post spoke to me. I am 53 and in all my therapeutic treatment and with my many challenged friends I have never known anyone whose trauma even close to what I went through. One psychiatric doctor said that I was the worst he had ever seen. Another suggested electro shock therapy. Another thought about putting me in a state facility. I dont know exactly why Im posting to you but like like I said, your post spoke to me at@Amaruq
@Margaretp
Thanks. I am 56 and have had no luck getting proper treatment for PTSD, depression and anxiety. One practitioner tried EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing), on me but it did nothing. Plus the practitioner kept falling asleep. I've had counselors tell me something similar to what they said to you, and others who gave me terrible advice which I took. That had dire consequences and I've still not recovered from it. I'm just so tired these days. It's really exhausting living like this. But I do want to try. At my age I feel that I'm running out of time to have a life I enjoy instead of one I am just surviving.
Nice to meet you!
Im glad to meet you. It is frustrating. So much time and I got nowhere. Do you have PSR therapy available where you live? Psycho Social Rehabilitation. Its the only thing that seems to be making a dent. I will say a prayer for you. @Amaruq
@Margaretp
Hello. I do not know if I have PSR available to me where I live. I haven't explored my options here lately. I've had so many wretched experiences with mental health practitioners that I'm not sure I want to consult one ever again, even though I know I need one. That's why I started here.
I totally get it. I went to regular one on one therapy for over thirty years regularly. I asked one therapist if I was getting better because I felt like I wasnt. And she said are you better than this time last year and I said a little bit so she said I was doing better. A tiny bit of progress didnt help enough. And the meds! So many. And so many combinations. And side effects. So much to struggle with for just a little bit of progress. @Amaruq
@Margaretp
Oh yeah, the meds were awful. I saw the same psychiatrist for years and he tried everything on me. All of it was bad, and ceasing some of them (Effexor I'm looking at you) was extremely difficult. I still have symptoms related to that one. Turns out I'm "treatment resistant" regarding psychotropic drugs. Many of them rendered me completely non-functional. And I have never tried non-prescription drugs. Given how I react to things I'm sure I'd have a bad experience, probably even with marijuana. I think all of the different meds had a truly deleterious effect on me, and none of them helped. I'm not convinced therapy even helps anymore.
i have experienced trauma but i am alive. and i haven't given up yet.
@nicehumanthisway Glad you are here with us ❤️
I have experienced trauma but I am not going to hold anything about it . I will let go of it and wished that everyone who had experienced with it will be healed💕💕💕💕🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
I have expirienced trauma but it has....
NOT defined me
NOT limited me
NOT created by life story.
NOT make me bad or less than.
NOT shakled me to the past
I have experienced trauma but I will fight through it and heal.
@goldenDog9992, with the right knowledge, tools and support system, nothing will stand in your way