Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What movie did you see last?

User Profile: Evi
Evi March 13th, 2014

Explains itself too!

FH:19

3961
User Profile: blue422electricboogalo
blue422electricboogalo September 22nd, 2019

On the airplane back from my grandparents I watched the boy who would be king which is a very British flim until the protagonists mention that they're in junior school which doesn't exist in the uk

User Profile: soufy
soufy September 23rd, 2019

Aladdin live-action. It was great!

User Profile: HunterRose
HunterRose September 23rd, 2019

Now You See Us

I saw it at a friend's house and wow is it wild! It makes less sense the more you think about it, but that's how I like my movies.

User Profile: cyanPlatypus6370
cyanPlatypus6370 September 23rd, 2019

@HunterRose - I love movies that make me think! Not like freaky or weird or scary, but like ... maybe How did they do that?!???

Have you seen "Inception?"

User Profile: cyanPlatypus6370
cyanPlatypus6370 September 23rd, 2019

Did you mean you've just seen "Now You See Me?"

This one: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1670345/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1 starring Jesse Eisenberg, Mark Ruffalo, Woody Harrelson, Dave Franco, Isla Fisher, and more and more ... (rated: PG-13, year: 2013)

Did you know there is now a "Now You See Me 2"? Yup there is (it is good as well) and no they did not call it "Now You Don't!" LOL The four horsemen return (thankfully with all the same actors/actresses). Tagline or 'line on the posters and advertising' - They're going to steal a billion dollars right before your eyes! surprise

User Profile: HunterRose
HunterRose September 23rd, 2019

@cyanPlatypus6370

You would be correct! It was called Now You See Me, but obviously I didn't see it well enough laugh and it was just tonoight too!

I heard about the sequel, but my friends who are having movie nights because of me (I've seen hardly an by their standards) don't have it. We are working through the collection of one of them, they were the one to introduce me to Inception.

load more
User Profile: HunterRose
HunterRose September 23rd, 2019

@cyanPlatypus6370

Yes, I saw Inception recently! I like movies that make me think too, with a slight preference for the nonsensical smiley

load more
load more
User Profile: LadyInSilence
LadyInSilence September 23rd, 2019

"Little"

It was hilarious

User Profile: Rapunzel03
Rapunzel03 September 23rd, 2019

Midnight in Paris. Just👌

User Profile: imhope666
imhope666 September 25th, 2019

Shawshank redemption on repeat mode 😁😁

User Profile: TopazPringle
TopazPringle September 25th, 2019

I recently watched ‘the spy who dumped me

User Profile: eternalWhisper22
eternalWhisper22 September 26th, 2019

Oooo the trailer sounds sooo good i might watch i5 this weekend c: @TopazPringle

load more
User Profile: HappyBlues05
HappyBlues05 September 27th, 2019

I watched Atomic Blonde on Netflix.

I think that stunts and action work are really cool. I rewatched a bunch of the action scenes because my mind wouldnt stop with Howd they do that? or something like That was cool, watch it again.

User Profile: AspenQueen9579
AspenQueen9579 October 7th, 2019

ponyo

User Profile: SailingFox
SailingFox October 9th, 2019

Joker.

Its not action based like the other movies, but I deeply appreciate how mental illness is brought to light. How complicated it is, how it stems from a trauma or a series of trauma, how difficult it is to get help and get better when the people and environment surrounding you isnt encouraging or helpful to say the least. It really brings out the ugliness in humanity, and can make one feel hopeless and eventually fall into darkness.

User Profile: cyanPlatypus6370
cyanPlatypus6370 October 10th, 2019

@SailingFox

Hi Fox, thank you for your review. It may be interesting to hear a "villain" story that is not 'all action' and cars chasing cars and .... etc. For people who like the action chase scenes best, I'm sorry :\ It is interesting to me how you say, Fox, that this movie talks about mental illness and such - I had no idea! Do you think it would be very triggering? Like should I be sure not to go alone? Or go alone but know who to call after movie is over? The VERY limited tv comm advertising for "Joker" that we have had here (my city) ... I'm not sure if it makes me want to check it out more, or less ...? But your mini review here (7cups)? Is definitely encouraging to me to get more info :) Have a super Thursday! ~ Platy

User Profile: SailingFox
SailingFox October 10th, 2019

@cyanPlatypus6370 hi.

This took me a while to think of how best to reply.

Since young, I've always thought it's interesting to understand how a person's mind works, what makes them behave the way they do. I mean even in science, energy doesn't die, it simply turns into something else and Joker proves my point. I'm not saying everyone with mental illness will turn into a villain or a Ted Bundy, far from it, but it explains their behaviour at least to a certain degree.

Anyways. My therapist, my sister and my manager were worried that I would have triggers from watching the movie especially now my depression is at its lowest again (but not to the point where I am experiencing numbness again), but I came out fine. I went with my sister, she was the one who is actually disturbed, not me :D

Maybe it's not very comprehensive for someone who is normal to fully grasp mental illness, but I definitely feel seen. If you fear of experiencing triggers, bring someone who understands your conditions with you.

User Profile: cyanPlatypus6370
cyanPlatypus6370 October 12th, 2019

@SailingFox - That's it! Your last two sentences yes

It is good to know they care about you, as to if you should go or go with someone, etc.

(P.S. I like your username :) It reminds me of a (L) I used to talk with here. So since she isn't here any longer, I'll pray for her since I'm thinking of her. Have a good night! (or morning! depending on when you get this)

Oh and thank you for your thought and then thoughtful reply! That too is much appreciated. Merci smiley Platy

User Profile: SailingFox
SailingFox October 13th, 2019

Youre welcome @cyanPlatypus6370 :)

Yes, its a beautiful thing to pray for and send good thoughts as well as positive energy to those who still lives in ur heart no matter where they are 😢❤️

X, Fox💓

load more
load more
load more
load more