Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

June 2018 - Member Welcome Event! (New to 7 Cups in June, let us formally welcome you to our community)

User Profile: Laura
Laura June 19th, 2018

I am VERY excited to announce this new event! Member Welcome Parties!!! Wooohoooo!

We know being a newbie at 7 Cups is hard. Taking the first few steps to get support, talk about something on your mind or share an experience is challenging. So we want to honor you for taking that first step to getting help, joining a community and bettering your life. New listeners - this is for you too! Taking your first chats, making your first forum posts... this is hard wrok! We are so proud of all of you and we want to formally welcome you to 7 Cups!

Don't worry, we know everyone likes to party... so while we will be honoring newbies, everyone is invited to join in and help!

This event will work much like a High Five Live! @kate & I will open the Live chatrooms and hop on a live video call with you!

During this event, we will welcome and honor all new members who wish to be formally welcomed! And we will highlight the accomplishments of newbies!!

So…. if you are new to 7 Cups in the month of June… good news, You get to be part of THE FIRST EVER MEMBER WELCOME PARTY!!

Please fill out this form to let us know you are a newbie!

If you are not new this month, you may fill out this form on behalf of a newbie you have met this month. Someone you want to make sure gets a special 7 Cups welcome!!

DATE: Thursday, June 28th

TIME: 5:00 PM EST

LOCATION: Live Rooms & Google Hangouts on air broadcast

HOSTS: Laura & Kate

RSVP: By posting to this thread! All welcome to come celebrate our new members!!

115
User Profile: AxieDaxie
AxieDaxie June 26th, 2018

Oh damn? Party?? That's lovely!

User Profile: kindFriend77
kindFriend77 June 26th, 2018

I am new and confused and distracted with so many messages. When is the party and how to attend?

3 replies
User Profile: Laura
Laura OP June 26th, 2018

@kindFriend77

The party will be on Thursday afternoon at 5:00 PM ET!! Hop on to the site at that time and you won't be able ot miss it!!!

2 replies
User Profile: kindFriend77
kindFriend77 June 26th, 2018

@Laura Thank you Laura. It's 5am my time. See if I can crawl myself out of bed and come in my PJ :)

User Profile: Sathella
Sathella June 26th, 2018

@Laura

where is it again?

load more
load more
User Profile: allopic
allopic June 26th, 2018

Hi everyone! I'm new and wanted to thank you all for the warm welcomes

User Profile: SedentarySummer
SedentarySummer June 26th, 2018

Hello! I'm Will! Glad to see there are still so many enthusiastic listeners these days.

I was a listener here too, years ago... but I return here wanting to tell for once.

User Profile: farahlovesyou
farahlovesyou June 26th, 2018

A party? I'll be there of course!!heart

User Profile: enlightenedNutella69
enlightenedNutella69 June 26th, 2018

What time is it GMT?

2 replies
User Profile: selfconfidendOwl6324
selfconfidendOwl6324 June 26th, 2018

@enlightenedNutella69 gmt is 4 hours ahead of et

User Profile: cyanPlatypus6370
cyanPlatypus6370 June 27th, 2018

@enlightenedNutella69 - actually I think Owl is in error (or mistyped). I usually use this site: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html - though there are many sites available to convert between timezones :)

load more
User Profile: fantasticSunrise28
fantasticSunrise28 June 26th, 2018

Its in 5:00 PM Eastern Time im 28 june ,its 2am in here i think oooo i cant joing the party so sad

User Profile: Loutre007
Loutre007 June 26th, 2018

Thank you but sadly it will be midnight here! Enjoy!!

User Profile: RRain
RRain June 26th, 2018

Hi guys,

New listener here, just wondering what the party actually is? Haha

Thanks in advance

1 reply
User Profile: cyanPlatypus6370
cyanPlatypus6370 June 27th, 2018

Well, @RRain, it's the first of it's kind so..... I'm thinking those who come will help to create what it is and what it is not. And I'm pretty sure @Laura and @Kate have some kind of specialty-ness cooking up for you :) cuz you're amazing, you newcomers you! heart

load more
User Profile: JessieIsHere
JessieIsHere June 26th, 2018

This app helps me, but I feel like this is just me finding another way to district myself from the real world...frown

1 reply
User Profile: navyGrapefruit8732
navyGrapefruit8732 June 28th, 2018

@JessieIsHere, I get what you mean, and I often feel the same. I use this app when Im feeling overwhelmed by the physical or real world—my job, my family/relationships, etc. At first I thought it was just another way for me to procrastinate—but it makes me feel better, helps me with stress. For me, the interactions I have here sometimes help me cope with the next days frustrations. Im hoping this will help me communicate my feelings in a healthy way in the real world too

load more