Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Mirror mirror, on the wall, who is the fairest of them all?

User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 May 5th, 2025

Does anyone else hate taking photographs, or looking in the mirror and if so what do people suggest to combat it?

136
User Profile: summeratheart
summeratheart May 11th, 2025

Forcefully stand in front of your mirror and look at the very details and features of ur face gradually get closer to the mirror observe. It helps . I've been there done this and hope it works.

1 reply
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 OP May 12th, 2025

@summeratheart such heartwarming advice, thank you for taking the time to share 🥰💜

load more
User Profile: WharfRat
WharfRat May 13th, 2025

I can't stand looking in the mirror.  I have an ugly face.  I have to use the mirror to floss my teeth and to shave, and during those chores, I focus on what I'm doing, so it's not so bad.

I don't take selfies.


1 reply
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 OP May 13th, 2025

@WharfRat I'm sorry you feel this way, no one should ever feel ugly and I've no doubt you are not 🥰💜

load more
User Profile: JordanL465
JordanL465 May 13th, 2025

@Amanda84 This is so real. I take such bad pics bc I have no confidence when I take pictures 😭 the candids are always vile

1 reply
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 OP May 13th, 2025

@JordanL465 I am so sorry to hear that, everyone should be able to look in the mirror and love who they are and what they see, please know, your worth is determined not by this but by your heart, your humanity and your spirit, you matter and I see you 🥰💜

load more
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 OP May 25th, 2025

Is social media driving a pressurised sense of perfection?

User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 OP May 26th, 2025

I had a special family occasion yesterday and everyone naturally took photos but I stayed out of them all, and I can't put my finger on why I find them so traumatising and triggering? 🥺

2 replies
User Profile: BastionKnight
BastionKnight May 26th, 2025

@Amanda84

*Sends comforting vibes your way* I empathise with the sense of not wanting to have ones image recorded. I am sorry it makes you feel so uncomfortable, and hope that your family understands and does their best to be supportive about it. 

We all have a mental image of how we look, and it can be quite jarring to be confronted by the reality. Even if it is not anything untoward, it can still feel disagreeable.

I would not presume to guess what might be the particular causes which influence how you feel about being photographed, but just want you to feel heard and understood. You are great, whether in a picture or not.

1 reply
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 OP May 26th, 2025

@BastionKnight ah thank you, that means alot and is so nice of you to say 💜🥰

load more
load more
User Profile: WharfRat
WharfRat May 27th, 2025

My therapist has had me look in the mirror every day to say my positive affirmations.  It's not easy.  I generally don't let people take my picture, and I never take a selfie.


1 reply
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 OP May 27th, 2025

@WharfRat that's good advice from the therapist 💜🥰

load more
User Profile: humorousSummer6980
humorousSummer6980 May 27th, 2025

@Amanda84 omg yes and when I tell u I hate it I do , like whenever I look at my photos I get sad cause of how disgusting I feel and look , lowkey wish I could stop doing that but I can’t since it teaches me how to pose better in pictures 

1 reply
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 OP May 27th, 2025

@humorousSummer6980 I'm sorry they make you feel that way, it can be so debilitating, like you are ready for a night out, feel good and then all of a sudden, it's like a dark cloud comes over you and you just don't feel good. I am sure you are not disgusting in anyway at all ♥️🥰

load more
User Profile: cyanessence
cyanessence May 27th, 2025

@Amanda84

You mean taking selfies? I struggle with it. I don't particularly like how I look in photos. But I think it's a good thing to engage in. I try to think of myself as a part of nature, and nature's beauty deserves to be captured in all its forms so it's not lost to time.

1 reply
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 OP May 28th, 2025

@cyanessence well said, thank you 💜🥰

load more
User Profile: dhabib
dhabib May 27th, 2025

@Amanda84 the only one who hates taking pictures with me is my dad he makes ugly faces 

3 replies
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 OP May 28th, 2025

@dhabib 🥺

2 replies
User Profile: dhabib
dhabib June 19th, 2025

@Amanda84 honey does my dad makes ugly faces  he never says thank you I do chores he doesn’t say thank you I give him a gift it’s his birthday Father’s Day he’s the worst he’s so judgmental it’s the fashion that I wear  every weekday or Sunday he’s grouchy he’s old it’s hard to be around someone like that he doesn’t work he’s retired 

User Profile: dhabib
dhabib June 19th, 2025

@Amanda84 yes honey my dad does that he really does 

load more
load more
User Profile: cyanApple9336
cyanApple9336 May 27th, 2025

@Amanda84    I don't mind the photographs .....At least at a good angle.....lol... It's the mirror that gets me.  I don't see pretty.  I don't see skinny, I see everything I don't want to see .  I would say that the best way to combat that though would be to make yourself uncomfortable and do it more .  See all your imperfections and run with them.  I have been trying to.  How else will I learn to love myself but then to accept myself who I am and push myself towards what I want to change .  

1 reply
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 OP May 28th, 2025

@cyanApple9336 see all your imperfections and run with them, what beautiful advice, thank you 💜🥰

load more