Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Lurkers Unite! Do you regularly lurk in the chatrooms, forums or feed? - Come say hi & share what you have learned as a 7 Cups lurker!!

User Profile: Laura
Laura January 18th, 2018

We know you are out there!! Lurkers come say hi!!!!

113
User Profile: IceOblivious26
IceOblivious26 January 21st, 2018

Ir's scary and people might not know how to properly respond. It's just easier to lurk than talk.

User Profile: empathicVoice32
empathicVoice32 January 21st, 2018

Sometimes it feels better to listen than to speak. We learn more when we listen... I mean lurk.

User Profile: honestComputer7397
honestComputer7397 January 23rd, 2018

@empathicVoice32 true

load more
User Profile: Owl99
Owl99 January 21st, 2018

Hello.

User Profile: Jamise
Jamise January 22nd, 2018

I'm 24 and a recovering addict and bipolar and right now I'm just a fucking mess and I have social anxiety so I don't have any friends. And I don't know how to make any. So I'm hoping to make them here

User Profile: TrinaArron
TrinaArron January 22nd, 2018

@Jamise Shoot me a message, I am always up for making new friends:)

User Profile: xianore
xianore January 23rd, 2018

@Jamise I'm looking for one too! Don't worry, we all joined 7 cups to at least feel better.

load more
User Profile: SpruceRaven
SpruceRaven January 22nd, 2018

They might be there to learn more and feel out the community. They might be deciding how safe it is to share how they feel, or what they think, or what their experiences are. They might be deciding which ones they want to join.

And like others have said here: they may be shy or worry about what to say or how to say it or how others will respond. Including to their silence.

Who knows how much of a healing may be going on for them just learning that there are other people out there with various challenges. And learning that there are people out there, too, to support them. And that change is possible.

User Profile: GingerSunshyne
GingerSunshyne January 22nd, 2018

@SpruceRaven

This is so right on. Ty for saying what I wasn't able to.

User Profile: SpruceRaven
SpruceRaven January 22nd, 2018

@GingerSunshyne☺

load more
load more
User Profile: Compassion21
Compassion21 January 22nd, 2018

I am 23 and not trying to make any friends in person for years now, tired of not being able to share or not being understood or not being relatable or all of the above with people so I preffer to be here or be alone.

User Profile: ifyouknowtocountcountwithme
ifyouknowtocountcountwithme February 13th, 2018

@Compassion21 Sorry you feel so alone. You can open up in here when you feel ready ;)

load more
User Profile: onedirection1213
onedirection1213 January 22nd, 2018

@Laura Hi! MOO

mooooooooooooooooo

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

User Profile: DennisMenace
DennisMenace January 23rd, 2018

Hello everyone. I've been using 7 cups for around 1.5 years. I'm a loner and extremely introvert person with a non-existent social life. I have OCD and a history of anxiety issues. My journey on 7 cups has been a bittersweet one. Have met some amazing listeners who I poured my heart out to and helped me get huge load off my chest. Some, however, were not as good and I even got blocked by few of them. Lurking is something I can relate to because I do a lot of it on social media. But strangely, haven't got around to doing much of it here on 7 cups. I guess it's because the forum navigation isn't as smooth here and it's difficult to locate the same thread again . Though I must admit that the community and the app have definitely gotten a lot better over my time here. Maybe, I'm just lazy to explore the array of experiences this community has to offer. I come here primarily for one on one conversations because I feel safe within the confines of private chat. Glad to come across some like minded individuals. Cheers. smiley

User Profile: SpruceRaven
SpruceRaven January 23rd, 2018

@DennisMenace I'm sorry to hear you got blocked. That could feel so painful; partic. when you are sharing things that arr akready so uncomfortable, maybe even overwhelming and may not have been treated compassionately elsewhere.

So awesome that you have been able to hace and use this resource.

load more
User Profile: easyCake6479
easyCake6479 January 23rd, 2018

I'm a lurker

:(

And I have lurkers irl.

It doesn't bother me online

It does in real life.