Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

When I was little, I believed... [finish sentence]

User Profile: Laura
Laura June 15th, 2016

share!!

981
User Profile: Odieismycat
Odieismycat September 22nd, 2017

I believed in the boogie man and super heroes. I loved action movies and scary movies.

User Profile: bukushi92
bukushi92 September 22nd, 2017

One thing I believed when I was young was u can keep an elephant as pet and ride on it back to the school.....

User Profile: DavidMatt
DavidMatt September 22nd, 2017

That there is good in the world...now I know otherwise..

1 reply
User Profile: Tzunun
Tzunun September 22nd, 2017

@DavidMatt

Hey. I come to tell you a story. I m from Mexico and there was this huge earthquake september 19 (that s right, just a couple of days ago) that affected thousands of people, including family and friends of mine. Well, let me tell you that despite the panic caused at Mexico city, one of the most populated cities in the world, within hours thousands were movilizing to help. From help centers receiving tons of food and medical supplies (I helped carry and deliver some) to people armed with helmets and shovels to people who just turned with their bare hands to help remove rocks of collapsed buildings in an attempt to free those who were trapped inside (and did so for hours without resting). It was very shocking to see this happen; I received texts from people I don t talk to that often who were inquiring if me and my loved ones were fine, the poeple who came with boxes of cans and bottled water, the amount of voluntary help like paramedics, firefighter and rescuers (and the people who brought them coffee and made sure they were not working themselves to death). Had I not been there to witness it, maybe I wouldn t have believed it either. But the solidarity I saw in my country this week gives me hope and I hope hearing my story gives you hope as well

User Profile: Quietman4875
Quietman4875 September 27th, 2017

@DavidMatt

Interesting user name. It's kind of funny my older brother's name is David and my younger brother's name is Matt. Lol

load more
User Profile: brightPenny6456
brightPenny6456 September 22nd, 2017

That my parents could do absolutely no wrong, and that they had a correct answer for everything. *Spoiler Alert* -- I couldn't have been more nieve or wrong....

User Profile: Isheeca
Isheeca September 22nd, 2017

..is that fairytales do exist..haha

User Profile: hardworkingPlum4705
hardworkingPlum4705 September 22nd, 2017

That everything would be easier when I grew up

User Profile: Azurentz
Azurentz September 22nd, 2017

When I was little, I believed that I could only get accepted and find friends if I conformed. But now I understand that I was throwing away my uniqueness and anything special about me, so I'm back to being who I am on the inside~ :)

User Profile: bgdave
bgdave September 22nd, 2017

I believed that I was not very smart and that I was not good at sports. I got bullied a lot when my family moved around. I always felt that I did not fit in and I struggled a lot with it.

User Profile: CallMeXeno
CallMeXeno September 22nd, 2017

I believed in 'Placebo Medicine'. Whenever I was fussy, my parents would give me water with food dye and say it was Placebo Medicine and would help me, but it might make me tired.

I laugh about it now. XD

1 reply
User Profile: CallMeXeno
CallMeXeno September 22nd, 2017

Oh, and that I had a gang of invisible penguins that would follow me around and help me with everything.

load more
User Profile: mimameid
mimameid September 22nd, 2017

When I was little I believed that I would grow up to be someone cool. lmao look how that turned out.