Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Menopause has changed who I am

User Profile: SnuzBelow0707
SnuzBelow0707 February 3rd, 2022

I don’t feel like me. I have become an introverted home body. I used to be an extrovert who was constantly out doing things. Anyone else feel this way?

27
User Profile: Dee01
Dee01 April 22nd, 2022

I'm with you on this one. Low interest & energy. Total introvert. I miss my old self.:(

User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 April 26th, 2022

@Dee01

It's hard to get motivated with low interest and energy. I find trying out something new can spark the interest which in turn can be reenergizing. Is there anything you always wanted to do but never did?

load more
User Profile: friendlyCat50
friendlyCat50 April 29th, 2022

Yes I feel that way too. I was introverted before menopause so now it is an effort to socialize. I am married so I have too get out and mingle with people. Also just retired at 60 so nothing to do as far as a purpose.


Hoping the acceptance of my life changing kicks in.

User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 May 2nd, 2022

@friendlyCat50

Joining discussions and open chats here on the site helps some people to get used to socializing online and sometimes it does help also in real life. I find it's important to have a purpose in life , volunteering here gave me that purpose and also helped me to find more acceptance in life in general. What are you particularly passionate about?

User Profile: friendlyCat50
friendlyCat50 May 2nd, 2022

I will try to join the 50+ open chats. I may have sn easier time volunteering on line. I have tried in person at one of the schools where we package up school lunches for kids to take home who need it on the weekend. It was for a good cause.


I tried an art class at senior center with several other people my age or older. It was ok but I still feel self conscious. I thought I would out grow that. It seemed in middle age I was more confident.


I go to church by myself my husbsnd stays home. He is retired and not very social either. So I force myself to do these things on my own to give each other our own space.

User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 May 3rd, 2022

@friendlyCat50

I look forward to see you in the open chat on Friday at 6 pm edt. or next Monday at 6.30 pm edt. and hope you can make it.

Nice that you take the initiative to go to church by yourself! A spiritual anchor in life can be very helpful.

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: gnj1221
gnj1221 May 12th, 2022

I can totally relate. My menopause body is betraying me and it is messing with my mind and well being. I have also become an introverted homebody. When I do go out, I’m always sweating and it’s embarrassing. Sex drive? Forget it. Irritability? All the time. And I’m on HRT, which is supposed to make things better. A year after starting it to try to feel better, I still feel like crap.


User Profile: friendlyCat50
friendlyCat50 May 29th, 2022

I !am interested in trying BHRT hoping this will help with getting better. I have not yet been on hormones and hope it is not too late.


Have taking the hormones helped with any of your symptoms? I have an appointment in a month to have bloodwork done to see how low my hormones are and go from there.

User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 June 1st, 2022

@friendlyCat50

Something that helped me to cope with the symptoms of menopause was learning to stay calm (mindfulness) and a good diet for menopause. This is a book I really liked too "The New Natural Alternatives to HRT" Marilyn Glenville.

load more
load more
User Profile: Jaeteuk
Jaeteuk June 1st, 2022

Hello. I'm not over 50, but I hope it's okay for me to ask for some advice here. My mum is in her early 60s and still going through menopause. Her biggest change that bothers her the most is getting hot flashes. It happens at anytime of the day, during all four seasons. It bothers her the most when she sleeps, she constantly keeps a towel by her bedside as she's awaken from sweat.

Her GP had once prescribed her some hormonal medication but she refuses to take them. My mum doesn't like taking any type of medication unless it's something she can't bare anymore.

So, based on anyone here that also gets hot flashes because of menopause, would you have any natural remedies or any other ideas that my mum could try to deal with hot flashes at night? Since she started Menopause several years ago, she has not had much good night's sleep. She often says she can't fall asleep until around 3am or later. She drinks chamomile tea an hour before bed, but I don't think it helps much.

Any advice or ideas will be very much appreciated. Thanks for reading my post to the end~

User Profile: adventurousBranch3786
adventurousBranch3786 June 1st, 2022

@Jaeteuk. Hi I didn’t have anything that helped me at the time. I noticed some recommendations in other posts here. One was this book "The New Natural Alternatives to HRT" Marilyn Glenville.

load more