I have bad borderline personality disorder. How can I control it more and have happy days?

Shruti Naik, MS in Counselling and Psychotherapy

I'm passionate about providing a non-judgmental & supportive platform to my clients to help them understand & accept themselves & overcome any emotional issues troubling them.

NiceBerries
I guess you could start by focusing on the positives. If your dog runs away, instead of worrying that it'll die or never come back, think about how it will find its way home. Another way you would have more good days is by hanging around more trustworthy people. If someone is a liar often then it is more likely that you will worry that they will leave you. If you happen to need to make a decision, think about it more so it doesn't impact you later. I am no expert, but I do have many disorders that are similar. Try telling people that are close to you about your disorder so they can always help nudge you in the right direction.
indigoCup1959
Have you been offered the chance of therapy? Have you heard of Dialectical Behavior Therapy? How long ago were you diagnosed and what sort of supports do you have? I ask this because it seems strange that you know that you have it but not seemed to have covered this in therapy. It feels awkward offering advice without knowing what you know. Do you know of Quora on the web? There is a massive amount of information there about borderline personality disorder. Here at 7 cups This link to one of there resources is about managing emotions https://www.7cups.com/help-managing-emotions/ These resources are under My Path > Self Help Guides. There are also some very good exercises on Mindfulness also under My Path. Meditation is one of the best tools for this that I have found.
sunflower2480
With the help of a therapist and the right tools, the symptoms of borderline personality disorder can go into remission and it is certainly possible to live fully and have happy days. There are several therapy approaches that can be beneficial. One of them is called Dialectical Therapy Behaviour, which research has proved to be very successful. Its main goal is to teach you how to manage overwhelming emotions, which is one the core symptoms of BPD. If you cannot join a DBT group or have a DBT therapist, there are lots of DBT self-help books and resources you can easily find.