I need the strength to leave my mentally abusive husband can anyone suggest?

Penny Dahlen, Ed.D., LPC

I am committed to helping you find your passion, heal old wounds, and flow smoother in all aspects of your life path! I use a compassionate listening approach.

empathylight
The first step to get out of an abusive relationship is to recognize it as such and know that it is not healthy for you. I think verbalizing it and asking for help shows that you have done that. Congratulations for that. The next step in my opinion is starting to imagine how life without your husband would look like, and I mean that also in a practical sense. Where would you go? Do you have someone you can trust, who can help you plan it, who you might also be able to accommodate you in the beginning (where he wouldn't suspect you to be)? How would your life financially look like? What would you take with you (there a lists of the most important things you should take with you that you can find online)? What can you do if he suddenly gets physically abusive too? Very often when partners sense that their partner plans to leave or has left them the abuse/violence increases, so be careful when you do your research or who you talk to. One thing you can do is start reaching out (if you prefer also anonymously) to local support places or hotlines to get information. I wish you good luck for finding that strength, I know it's already in you!