Why can't I eat as much as I used to?

Australia

Raifiel Cyril, Masters in Applied Psychology

Everyone needs a little support from time to time to take the next step. I am here to listen and help you achieve what your heart desires.

Anonymous
Maybe, you have lost weight recently, and your stomach cannot store as much as it could before. This is a definite possibility, but I don't know if this is the answer. There are also eating disorders, which you might want to look into to see if any of them feel like what's happening to you. There's a website called Healthline and you can look up different questions about what is happening to you. If you feel confused or concerned, talk to me, I'd be happy to be your listener. Hopefully, we can figure this out and make you more comfortable with it.
Charleycelestial
Eating is something many people struggle with in there daily lives and there can be many underlying reasons as to why a person can’t eat as much as they used to . A shrinking stomach is a theory that once you stop eating the capacity you can hold in your stomach is minimised , to fight back at this it is important to slowly build back up eating food again . When people feel anxious it can be extreemly hard to eat as you may get physical symptoms of anxiety such as feeling sick . If this is the case it is important to try and trace back to the cause of your anxiety and the first step is to recognise what you are feeling , this can help people as they have a reason to be feeling this way . If you are struggling mentally with food and suspect you are showing signs of some disorderd eating habits it may be useful to speak to a trusted friend or family member or go to a doctor about this :)
Anonymous
It's common for people under stress to lose their appetite. It may also be a sign that you're suffering from a mental health disorder like depression. If you have noticed these irregularities for a while now and it concerns you and/or affects your day-to-day life, you should consider contacting a professional or talking to your doctor about this. It could be helpful to write down if you have any other symptoms or how much you eat every day to have some data in case you're actually going to somebody. Just know that there doesn't have to be something worrisome about it and you may just have some stress right now. You got this!