I feel somewhat attracted to my same gender, but only want to date the opposite and would rather go all the way with them. I don't want to be bisexual because of religious beliefs. What do I do?

Italy

anna pavia, psicologa psychologist counselor

I feel my work as my personal mission and I love it. My work with clients is nonjudgmental, supportive. I am a very good listener. I use several approaches. Amo il mio lavoro.

Anonymous
It's okay to just do what you feel comfortable with! With religious beliefs, it can be pretty confusing to feel attracted to the same gender. Usually, if we repress those feelings by forcing ourselves to only date the opposite gender it can feel restricting and uncomfortable - and if it makes you feel this way you might want to consider talking about it with someone you trust to figure out those feelings. However, if you feel comfortable doing that, then do what makes you happy!
TaranWanderer
November 21st, 2017 7:45pm
You really know yourself best so you're really the only one to be able to say what you identify as. If you feel like you are bisexual, but only don't like the label/idea of it because of religious beliefs, then I think that's something you're going to have to reason with yourself. You'll have to think about what your faith is really about and if you're going to be okay with having the feelings that you do. There are plenty of lgbtq+ people who are religious as well, and they have each found their own ways to come to terms with their faith and identity. Really, you just have to do what you think is best for yourself. If that's accepting your feelings but not acting on them, only on the ones for the opposite sex, then that's fine (as long as it's not hurting you). If what's best for you is embracing your identity (whether it be bisexual or otherwise) and still holding your religious beliefs, then that's great too!