What is my sexuality if my boyfriend is transgender (ftm) and I am sexually attracted to him but I am not attracted to females?

Rory Boutilier, Registered Professional Counsellor, B.A. (Honors, Psychology)

I use a client-centered, solution-focused approach. Particular interests in: self-injury, depression, anxiety, life stress, and change.

snarcoleptic
Your boyfriend is a man -- trans people are the gender they identify as, and science continues to confirm this when comparing the brains of transgendered and cisgendered men and women. If you are a woman who is attracted to men, that generally would make you a straight/heterosexual woman. If you are a man who is attracted to men, that generally would make you a gay/homosexual man. That said, there's really no need to worry about labels unless you find having a particular one to be comforting or affirming to your experience. You should date people you are attracted to and who you have romantic chemistry with -- regardless of their gender or the sex they were assigned at birth.
Your sexuality is determined by the gender of the people you are attracted to, not the biological sex they were born with. If your boyfriend identifies as male, and generally you are attracted to men and not women, then you're straight if you're a girl, gay if you're a boy.
wonderfulSunshine91
I think all that's important is your relationship. Try to just focus on the happiness and love you share. I wouldn't get caught up in sexuality because it is really just a label when in reality sexuality is not black and white or clear cut but more of a spectrum. Not everyone will understand you but that's not their business. Sex and gender are not the same thing so if someone identifies as male then you are therefore attracted to a male so it doesn't make you lesbian. Just because he was born with the wrong parts doesn't mean that he is less a man than a man born with all the male parts. Some people don't bother identifying as anything because sometimes it's just best not to feel bound by gender.