I have many out friends and supportive friends who would support me, so why can’t I bring myself to come out?

Netherlands

Caroline Middelsdorf, MSc.

I am a warm hearted, patient, calm and open-minded therapist. I am here to dedicate my expertises to my clients and their individual challenges, thoughts and feelings.

- Expert in LGBTQ+ Issues
Sometimes, seeing the intolerance of a part of society influences us to the point that we end up fearing coming out to anyone, including supportive friends. It's not your fault, it's a very common fear to have. Since it's mainly an irrational emotion, maybe it would to try to rationalizing and keep asking yourself what is the logical reason behind your fear. It may take some time, but confronting our fear with the constant evidence of the lack of reasons for it can help. With time, you can learn to accept at the emotional level and not only at the rational one that coming out is safe for you!