If I'm questioning if I'm bisexual or gay, should I come out to my parents? should I wait until I know? I just don't want people to think it's just a phase if I decide to change my label in the future

Temi Coker, MSC, MA, Dip.Cons

With over ten years experience, I offer a safe and confidential environment  for you to collect your thoughts, worries & life problems with no judgement or assumptions.    

- Expert in LGBTQ+ Issues
Sharing the experience of questioning could be good for you in order to be supported in this moment, but if you prefer to wait and be sure, it's also ok! It's totally up to you, there are benefits in both decisions. In case someone thinks you're just going through a phase, you can try to explain what questioning really means, those who are willing to listen and learn will understand.
DanDanTheMuffinMan
Okay, so the teenage years are a time to explore. And phases get a bad wrap, but I think they’re great. It’s like trying something new and seeing if it fits. Maybe it may not fit now but will later. Only time will tell. And coming out is a difficult thing. I’d say you don’t even have to. Don’t come out to a person if it makes you feel unsafe. Some people are better not knowing and that’s fine.
Talk to an expert therapist about LGBTQ+ issues
The best!! I’ve dumped a lot of my issues on her & she always helps me through it by finding the best way to cope. Thank you Andrea!
Reviewed Jun 30, 2022
Seek Extra Support from the Community
LGBTQ+ / MOGII Support

Read more about LGBTQ+ Issues in our LGBTQ+ Issues Forums