I am depressed and alone, how can I get some support?

Penny Dahlen, Ed.D., LPC

I am committed to helping you find your passion, heal old wounds, and flow smoother in all aspects of your life path! I use a compassionate listening approach.

Anonymous
You can use self-help methods that teach you core skills that can help improve your mood like exercising, journaling, meditating, doing your hobbies. The National Alliance on Mental Illness is a great resource to reach out to and see what they offer in your area. They can provide potentially free resources for help and offer support groups. Here is the site: https://www.nami.org
Justice789
If you have a caring brother, sister or very close friend, try opening up to them. I was depressed and alone for 8 years of my life and thought that there was no way out, but, my friend, there is! You don't have to open up all at once, that backfires a lot, just open up one person at a time!
Akor1
I think the most important, and hardest thing, is to reach out to someone that you can trust and talk. A close friend, a therapist, a listener on 7 cups, just somebody. You need to talk to them, it will help tremendously.
That3one4Anime5friend
Listen to music and do little things that can at least make you smile like dancing alone in the dark