Why do I fear big crowds of people? People have said it’s claustrophobia. But I know that I’m not claustrophobic because it’s not being in a small space or being traps that scars me. What could it be?

Alison Humphreys, LCPC

During the therapeutic process, individuals will learn to manage transitions, overcome obstacles and work towards their full potential .

Anonymous
I think you may be feeling vulnerable or lost. I remember when I was in the middle of a street in a big city and crowds of people moved past me quickly. I felt so overwhelmed and lost because I couldn't see anything in front of me and I was also scared that people were looking at me and judging me. What I usually do then is I just walk ahead, not caring what others may be thinking of me because I was never gonna see them again. I breathed, I looked at a map of where I was, collected my thoughts and walked straightforward without looking at anyone.
Talk to an expert therapist about social anxiety
Talk to a Therapist