Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Share where you have experienced the strongest sense of community on 7 Cups

User Profile: Laura
Laura November 17th, 2017

Think about a moment on 7 Cups where you felt the strongest sense of community?

There are a few ways the seeds of community are planted.

One is from establishing relationships and trust between individuals within a group. Trust starts to grow the moment two individuals start to connect and share. Slowly but surely, they continue to chat, and the trust grows. They get to know one another. From trust, comes support. Community building starts from a collection of trusted connections.

52
User Profile: BridgetAileen
BridgetAileen November 17th, 2017

I felt the strongest sense of community in the Depression forum some months ago. However, a vast majority of the people that were there at that time are gone now, and I don't really feel connected there any longer. It's still a lovely and supportive place, of course. I just don't feel the same sense of community for myself as I once did.

User Profile: SunShineAlwaysGrateful
SunShineAlwaysGrateful November 18th, 2017

I feel the greatest sense of community in the long term members that I continually support ......incredible to hear how they evolve and change....to hear how well they are doing or to support their challenges it helps me feel valuable at 7cups,....and return members is just lovely!

The members help build community! It is without members ...where would 7cups be?!

User Profile: Truth22
Truth22 November 18th, 2017

Self-Harm Recovery

1 reply
User Profile: Autismaunt14
Autismaunt14 November 18th, 2017

@Truth22

was mine too :)

1 reply
User Profile: Truth22
Truth22 November 18th, 2017

@Autismaunt14 smiley

load more
load more
User Profile: Jeremy93
Jeremy93 November 18th, 2017

Hi @Laura :)

I agree with @RaCat and @TaranWanderer that I feel the most sense of community in the LGBTQ+/MOGII sub-community forum. Everyone is so welcoming, so caring, and we've gotten to a point that we've gotten to know a lot about each other. We try our best to uplift someone when they're feeling down and we also celebrate each other's triumphs. It really is a beautiful thing.

I must also say that I appreciate the love I receive from most everyone in LHR. I've gotten to care about a lot of the regulars and just seeing them in there and hearing from them makes me feel instantly happy. The LGBTQ+ Support Rooms have also been very welcoming. There are so many amazing people that use this site.

User Profile: adoredHug70
adoredHug70 November 18th, 2017

@Laura

Mindfulness and self-harm

User Profile: No715
No715 November 18th, 2017

@Laura

I have felt a sense of community in the Anxiety Support Community and the Depression Community. But i reallt like 7cups in general, it's like we're one big family trying to help each other and i love thatheart

User Profile: Moosewithducks
Moosewithducks November 18th, 2017

Group Discussions and games! :)

User Profile: meaculpa777
meaculpa777 November 18th, 2017

Hi

For me it would be in "35 and over"; I think it has to do with the fact that with age our approach to issues becomes different ? Anyway, as someone in the late forties, I found it very family like in that room.

User Profile: Mellietronx
Mellietronx November 18th, 2017

@Laura Anxiety and Depression group chats :)

User Profile: AffyAvo
AffyAvo November 18th, 2017

I've found connections in a number of places on the site, but the place where I feel the most sense of community is the disability support room. The ratio of connections to people who show up in that room is way higher than other places on here.