Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

porn addiction recovery (discussion)

User Profile: northernlights101
northernlights101 May 20th, 2025

for our new members: 

hello, this is a log in post to track your porn abstinence. this isn't an official event, I'm just another addict trying to bring like-minded people together to help hold each other accountable. if you're new here, you can introduce yourself and start using the log in post to keep track of your streak! 

for more info you could check out my original post - porn addiction recovery - Discussion | 7 Cups


how does this work? 

this is the informal post where we communicate and share our struggles in a concentrated place so we can get all the support and help we need. you can use this post in two ways - 

1. use it to share your struggles, tell people how it started and how you've tried to overcome it in the past. 

2. use it for when the urges hit. just as you feel like you're slipping, you can share your thoughts here, and if anyone is online, they can keep you company until the urges leave. 


important thing to note:

if you notice a new post / comment, please take the time to check it so you can help someone in need. try to keep people company and always stay engaged, we are all in this together. 


more info:

(incase I rambled too much on my original post) 

so basically, we've got two posts. this post is used informally as a discussion page to make it easier for like minded people to come together and so new members have a well-built community to be able to get help easily. 

the other post is made to be formal (ideally) so you can use it neatly to update and keep track of your goals. pretty please only reply once and continue creating a thread by replying to yourself only (if not, too many extra replies will cause a lot of reply pages to open, and that'll be very difficult) and even if you need to start over please continue in the same reply chain only. 

and also, don't reply or motivate anyone on there, please! that's what we can use this post for :) 

195
User Profile: Clutch11
Clutch11 November 17th, 2025

@northernlights101 hey do u remember me, i was here back in may just b4 my exams, ended getting the highest grade possible in 10/11 subjects and the 2nd highest grade the other. if u go back to may 5th and look at my post u can see how far ive come. I now have almost pretty much beaten my addiction by finding new ways. Im happy to share to anyone who wants to know. nice to meet u again

1 reply
User Profile: northernlights101
northernlights101 OP June 3rd

@Clutch11 i'm extremely sorry for the delay, i havent been active on here. and omg im so so proud of you, you totally deserve this! i'm so happy for how far you've come. i absolutely remember you, dw. i hope i can get there one day too. 

load more
User Profile: Nyctophiliac11
Nyctophiliac11 December 2nd, 2025

I hope this helps 🙁

1 reply
User Profile: FeatheredSerpent33
FeatheredSerpent33 December 4th, 2025

How is it going? How can I help?

load more
User Profile: goldenBlackberry2406
goldenBlackberry2406 December 15th, 2025

Long story short porn addiction sent down a dark road which led to losing friends family partner home and potentially freedom

I'm on night 5 of nothing but the urge is strong..

Got YouTube on and typing this for a distraction...

1 reply
User Profile: agreeablePlum2560
agreeablePlum2560 January 6th

@goldenBlackberry2406

Don't be too hard on yourself. It is hard to fight it "in a vacuum", sitting home by yourself, I know how it is..

load more
User Profile: agreeablePlum2560
agreeablePlum2560 January 5th

@northernlights101

Hey there!

I am currently trying to deal with the addiction.

Yesterday I managed to not watch porn, but today relapsed again.

I got sick last week and still am unable to go out and therefore it is harder to control yourself when home-alone.

1 reply
User Profile: northernlights101
northernlights101 OP June 3rd

@agreeablePlum2560 you can do this, dw!

load more
User Profile: amicableox0685
amicableox0685 January 9th

Was wondering if anyone counted their total setback time for 2025.


When you look at the bigger picture it starts to have less weight. Mine was 21 out of 365 days. That was about 5.4 percent of the year or once every 17 days.

User Profile: FeatheredSerpent33
FeatheredSerpent33 January 22nd

Its been a while since we had this chat used for its intended purpose. Anyone still out there. Need help? Offering support? Im here. I know things get hard. I know there is a better way to live. Take back your life.

3 replies
User Profile: agreeablePlum2560
agreeablePlum2560 January 28th

@FeatheredSerpent33

Hey, thanks for the kind words. I am here, I relapsed again. I was for a week in another country and it has totally distracted me from even thinking about porn, but now that I am back I have masturbated twice (I got back Sunday evening).

It's hard to control it when it's the same city, the same house and the same room all over again.

2 replies
User Profile: FeatheredSerpent33
FeatheredSerpent33 January 29th

Try removing all easy access to it. Replace those triggers with something positive. Get an audio book about how to overcome porn. Its ok to reset. Strive to be the person you are proud of.

1 reply
User Profile: agreeablePlum2560
agreeablePlum2560 January 29th

@FeatheredSerpent33

Thanks for the support man, it really means a lot! 🙏 

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: agreeablePlum2560
agreeablePlum2560 February 1st

I just relapsed again, think I am fighting feelings of isolation and loneliness, because big part of time I am physically being alone.

7 replies
User Profile: FeatheredSerpent33
FeatheredSerpent33 February 2nd

We cant always rely on others to keep us clean. Did u find a book with advice for overcoming this addiction??

6 replies
User Profile: agreeablePlum2560
agreeablePlum2560 February 2nd

@FeatheredSerpent33

I was thinking about reading Anna Lembke "Dopamine generation", but haven't bought it yet.


Do you perhaps have some concrete recommendations?

5 replies
User Profile: FeatheredSerpent33
FeatheredSerpent33 February 2nd

I found this one really helpful.

Listen to Quit Porn Addiction for Good by Dr. David Cohen on Audible. https://www.audible.com/pd/B0CQ37GZWH?source_code=ASSOR150021921000O

4 replies
User Profile: agreeablePlum2560
agreeablePlum2560 February 3rd

@FeatheredSerpent33

Thanks a lot, I will definitely check it out!

What's your biggest "sober period" in this matter, if I may ask?

3 replies
User Profile: agreeablePlum2560
agreeablePlum2560 February 3rd

@agreeablePlum2560

Sorry, didn't see your last update, 70 days of being clean is amazing!

I only dream of smth like that at this point.

Keep it going!

2 replies
User Profile: FeatheredSerpent33
FeatheredSerpent33 February 4th

I only realized how bad it was last year. I needed help, it was affecting me in a lot of ways. I quit and found this place and did research and i went 5 months. I got complacent, thinking i didnt need more help, slowly crept in and had a relapse. Then recommited to being clean. Thats the current 71 days. You can do it. I found along with porn prob i had a screen addiction. Couldnt stop pulling my phone out every second. So a screen detox was necessary too.

1 reply
User Profile: agreeablePlum2560
agreeablePlum2560 February 4th

@FeatheredSerpent33

5 months, that's amazing, man!

I can only dream about such a result.

In terms of "fighting" porn addiction and relapsing I find this info quite useful 

https://youtu.be/eoVkQDDNa0g?si=KZPF-aSmVn8sPlPq


Since the whole concept of "fighting" seems too demoralising for me personally.

load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
User Profile: FeatheredSerpent33
FeatheredSerpent33 February 3rd

Just wanted to say that im struggling today. Different life things stressing me. Makes me wanna go hide and look at what i shouldnt and do what i shouldnt. I want to share this because im 70 days clean. But sometimes its still hard life still happens. Im not gonna break. I kept up the fight, i reached out to my support. And i will be strong. I can do it, you can do it.

1 reply
User Profile: agreeablePlum2560
agreeablePlum2560 February 3rd


@FeatheredSerpent33

I would like to reciprocate by also sharing the video, I found it somewhat helpful 


https://youtu.be/QJvHglNMsqc?si=lJkmljpfyFyTjg-0

load more
User Profile: agreeablePlum2560
agreeablePlum2560 February 9th

Relapsed again today, sometimes it is so hard!

But I will keep on achieving new, longer periods of sobriety, just need more time to reconfigure some things in my life.

User Profile: agreeablePlum2560
agreeablePlum2560 February 12th

Relapsed, feel ashamed to be writing this here again.

3 replies
User Profile: fossilfellow
fossilfellow February 24th

It's okay, The fact that you keep trying, keep showing up, means that you care about recovery and healing, keep going, one moment at a time. Be gentle with yourself — your not alone in this ❤️ Sending you lots of love and *hugs* 💖💖

2 replies
User Profile: agreeablePlum2560
agreeablePlum2560 February 26th

@fossilfellow

Thanks a lot for the support!

Yes, relapsing is a part of a recovery, so I better get used to it happening on my path and see it only as temporary deviations.


Thanks for reminding me of it.

1 reply
User Profile: fossilfellow
fossilfellow February 26th

@agreeablePlum2560 You're welcome 💖💖

load more
load more
load more