Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What do you wish everyone knew about your disability?

User Profile: vivelespatates
vivelespatates March 18th, 2017

don't be scared to break drown the stigma!

176
User Profile: Sarz1982
Sarz1982 October 7th, 2017

That although I act strong I am vulnerable inside

User Profile: TessaJH
TessaJH October 9th, 2017

That it really affects my life and I'm not just making it seem worse than it is.

1 reply
User Profile: vivelespatates
vivelespatates OP October 18th, 2017

@TessaJH , yes disabilities make the life hard sad it's sad that people judge and don't take it seriously.

load more
User Profile: kji
kji October 10th, 2017

l am easy to get hurt

9 replies
User Profile: vivelespatates
vivelespatates OP October 18th, 2017

@kji oh no :( and what could make you less fragile?

8 replies
User Profile: kji
kji October 20th, 2017

@themainjane : well this is the first time l talk about it .l had dream when l was take small steps to achieve it l was happy during this achievement it was What l live for l was so confident &l was feel free l don't need anything else except while l was achieve this small steps l was happy l didn't won't more than this but l think people around me they dont like this they start to initiate agreement about how l act for ex. l love freedom &l didn't do anything to hurt people around me . l notice they was distrect me they was initiated this argument every time with me just before prepareing for my new project for example but the situation didn't recall that big argument .well to be honest l was thinking that somethings wrong with me l was thinking that l have hurt there feeling in some way.so l get distracted l was all thinking about how to fix thing with them l was so sad at that time l remember one night l didn't sleep l was crying it hurt my feelings .after this l know that they just who they are they will not change .so l notice that thing turn out worse than turn out good .every time l was feeling happy now l feel l can't bear argument or anything else l just want to servive l think my dream become from the past now l don't know if l want to go back &achieving it .l can achieve it but l dont know how &l don't know why before that l was achieve that dream to myself &helping other but when l see the how other treat me l didn't want to do it even for myself .

7 replies
User Profile: themainjane
themainjane October 20th, 2017

@kji

I hope you find the strength to breathe new life into your dream.

I dont know the details of your friendship with the people you had the argument with. Could they have been jealous that you had this dream? A desire to do something? Or did they have valid concerns?

Either way I hope you do start to live the life you wanted again. 💜

1 reply
User Profile: kji
kji October 20th, 2017

@themainjane :Hey thank u ^^ ur word mean a lot to me .they were my close colleagues at work place it sad that l dont know why they do that even if it was joulsy they situation doesn't recall that argument every time .l hate argument cuz l get affect by it so easily &it didn't make thing better for anyone &yeah l hope to live the life that l want .

load more
User Profile: kji
kji October 20th, 2017

@kji : l became scared of if will people hurt me in some ways again even if they don't do it at that time .last year l think l didn't talk about that subject with anyone cuz they don't know what it mean if ur dream is too important u

.l just want to come back &be that person again who can do anything crazy to achieve what he like free &happy inside not pretend l am happy &don't care what other thing about me.what make me sad sometime l feel l don't know the way back again .

4 replies
User Profile: themainjane
themainjane October 20th, 2017

@kji

there is a way back to yourself - or even a way forward. Don

3 replies
User Profile: kji
kji October 20th, 2017

@themainjane

l hope so my friend ^-^

2 replies
User Profile: themainjane
themainjane October 20th, 2017

@kji

☺️

There is. I

1 reply
User Profile: kji
kji October 20th, 2017

@themainjane :

;)oh really l am glad to hear that l wish to u all luck :)

load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
User Profile: BeingOfService
BeingOfService October 18th, 2017

How tough it is to connect with people.

2 replies
User Profile: vivelespatates
vivelespatates OP October 18th, 2017

@BeingOfService for sure it's not an easy thing!

1 reply
User Profile: BeingOfService
BeingOfService October 20th, 2017

I know, right? Still. Gotta try and put the effort in, no matter how hard it can be.

load more
load more
User Profile: Nowenbrace
Nowenbrace October 18th, 2017

That I've been on autopilot in the (media) matrix and now that I am aware how can I embrace being normal and being one of the 99% and say corruption is out of my control and just be joyful

1 reply
User Profile: AffyAvo
AffyAvo November 16th, 2018

@Nowenbrace I'm glad you are feeling joy!

load more
User Profile: tluper6491
tluper6491 October 18th, 2017

Mentioning famous people with disabilities and what they're capable of makes me feel like even more of a failure by comparison.

3 replies
User Profile: tluper6491
tluper6491 October 18th, 2017

@tulseluper6491 Also, just because I can walk doesn't mean my disability isn't real.

3 replies
User Profile: AffyAvo
AffyAvo November 16th, 2018

@tluper6491 I'm sorry to hear that, comparisons are hard, especially when capabilities are different and even within one type of disability what works for one may not work for another. You probably are successful in your own way.

2 replies
User Profile: tluper6491
tluper6491 November 17th, 2018

@AffyAvo

I appreciate that but I'm really not, I'm a total failure in life. I've given up on all my aspirations and life goals at this point because it all seems impossible.

1 reply
User Profile: AffyAvo
AffyAvo November 17th, 2018

@tluper6491 Sometimes a success is just getting through a day *hugs*

load more
load more
load more
load more
User Profile: undefinedandundetermined01
undefinedandundetermined01 October 18th, 2017

That i am still me. I may look too younge to be disabled but i am and i deserve respect like everyone else. Disability doesnt discriminate!

1 reply
User Profile: AffyAvo
AffyAvo November 16th, 2018

@undefinedandundetermined01 Yes! Disability can occur at any age.

load more
User Profile: DaveMcGrath
DaveMcGrath October 23rd, 2017

I get it, I know I can't hear well, but could you all please drop the amateur attempts at sign language? It's just offensive.

(not you guys.. you know.. other people not on this forum)

1 reply
User Profile: AffyAvo
AffyAvo November 16th, 2018

@DaveMcGrath Does this only apply when someone is faking it? Like if someone knows a bit of sign language how do you feel about them using it?

How do you communicate face to face with those who do not know it?

load more
User Profile: Kedw
Kedw October 30th, 2018

Hi everyone I am new to 7Cups. I suffer from Chronic Migraines which has led to Clinical Depression, among many other things. I am not officially "disabled" as I work a job full time. I wish people could see the pain I suffer with. Since both migraines and depression are "invisible illnesses" most people tend to brush it off when I say I don't feel good. It is not just a headache. 2 Aspirin, tylenol, or motrin will not help. This is a "the sun hurts my brain" pain. This is a "PLEASE STOP SHOUTING", even though you are not talking loud, kind of pain. This is a "ICE PICK IN MY HEAD" pain.

I am able to push through a lot of it but some days I just can't. This really frustrates me too. Just because I am "sick" does not mean I am not a hard worker and it does not mean I am not capable. It just means some days I need my rest to get better. Some days it means I can't be all things to all people. As a full time outside of the home working mother of 2 children, ages 3 and 22 months, and wife to a disabled husband sometimes I have to take care of me. Sometimes that means I have to call out of work; take the kids to daycare; ignore the house chores, phone, email, etc; make DH fend for self; and go to bed.

Sometimes it means I can't eat what I want without regretting the decision later. So when I binge on foods I know I shouldn't, let me be, because I know it won't matter if it is one bite or 10 it all will make me hurt later.

1 reply
User Profile: AffyAvo
AffyAvo November 16th, 2018

@Kedw I'm glad you've found us! Yes with migraines sometimes a nap (if able to fall asleep) or just lying in the dark is exactly what's needed.

load more
User Profile: marblemenow1
marblemenow1 October 31st, 2018

I wish that people knew that autistic people don't usually support Autism Speaks and should stop funding and supporting them. It's hurtful and I wish that they reached out to other organizations which benefit autistic people.

1 reply
User Profile: AffyAvo
AffyAvo November 16th, 2018

I recognize the name, but I'm not very familiar with Autism Speaks. What is the issue with it?

load more