Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

One thing I wish I knew about family is…

User Profile: Hope
Hope June 12th, 2023

Hi everyone! I hope you are well. We look back at life and often wonder how things could have been if we knew X or had done Y differently. While it is not useful to have such regrets but it can be helpful to share your learnings to help others.


One thing I wish I knew about family is…

5
User Profile: 7motivation
7motivation June 12th, 2023

@Hope

Regarding

  • Hi everyone! I hope you are well.
    We look back at life and often wonder how things could have been
    if we knew X or had done Y differently.
    While it is not useful to have such regrets
    but it can be helpful to share your learnings to help others.

One thing I wish I knew about family is…

  • I wish I knew about the concept of
    Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs),
    and what the ACEs were for each person,
    and what their impact was on everyone's behaviors & interactions

User Profile: bilenn
bilenn June 12th, 2023

I wish I knew that my family has always been perfect match for me despite all imperfections which opens doors for special connections for communications and humor with family or for supplications and gratitude to Bestower of such bounty.

Thankfully i have my family with me and i pray that all beings shall be with their family and all beloved ones eternally in a land of bliss.

User Profile: LabeledBPD
LabeledBPD June 21st, 2023

Never assume anything. We can only control ourselves and expectations only leave the possibility for painful disappointment.

all adventures in life take the balanced dialectical approach if at all possible.

plan and expect the worst and anything less is a welcome and comforting blessing

User Profile: trueconfidant123
trueconfidant123 June 27th, 2023

@Hope

One thing I wish I knew about family is…

Not all family members are the same. Each have a different story and a different perspective, unique so to say. It is not fair to generalise a family member based upon their history or the background they have been brought up in. Assumptions can be deceptive.

cliphy-love.gif

User Profile: reliableWest8997
reliableWest8997 July 19th, 2023

They had major issues of their own, they are weak and helpless, they were abused and traumatized, they did not know everything, in fact the way they behaved was because of their shortcomings. Their taking it out on me or my sister and I had nothing to do with us and everything to do with them. Whenever I feel bad about being treated unfairly, I now realize that it's best for me to feel sorry for them; I have to keep reminding myself to maintain my dignity.