I See You 🌸🦋
hi everyone! ♡
if we haven't met before, hi! i'm Lex. i'm a listener here on 7 Cups, and one of my favorite things about being here is getting to meet people from all different walks of life and being someone they can talk to when things feel a little too heavy.
i've always wanted my listening space to feel like a place where you don't have to put on a happy face. you don't have to make your feelings sound pretty or explain them perfectly. you can ramble, cry, be confused, be angry, or be completely unsure of what you're feeling — and that's okay.
sometimes we don't need someone to immediately fix everything. sometimes we just need someone to sit with us and say, "yeah... i can see why that hurts." 🤍
🌷 ───────────── 🌷
🧠 mental health can take more than people realize
i think mental health is one of those things that's so much bigger than people realize.
sometimes we talk about mental health as though it's just feeling sad or having a bad day, but for so many people, it's something that follows them into almost every part of their life.
it can affect the way you wake up in the morning. the way you talk to yourself. the way you see yourself. the way you interact with people you love. the things you enjoy. the things you're able to do. the things you dream about.
and sometimes, it takes things from us so quietly that we don't even notice at first.
maybe you stopped doing something you used to love because you just don't have the energy anymore. maybe you stopped reaching out to people because talking feels exhausting. maybe you became quieter. maybe you're not as spontaneous as you used to be. maybe you don't laugh as much.
maybe getting through the day has become your biggest accomplishment.
🌷 ───────────── 🌷
🌙 and sometimes... we grieve those things
i think there can be a really strange kind of grief that comes with missing a version of yourself that feels so far away.
you might look at old pictures or remember old memories and think, "i want to feel like that again."
you might miss how excited you used to get about little things. you might miss having plans and actually looking forward to them. you might miss the friendships you had before your mental health became difficult.
you might even grieve opportunities you couldn't take because you simply weren't okay enough at the time.
and sometimes nobody else realizes you're grieving any of that.
because from the outside, you might still look completely fine.
you might still go to work. you might still go to school. you might still make people laugh. you might still answer "i'm good!" when someone asks how you're doing.
but nobody sees the amount of effort it took to get there.
they don't see the mornings where getting out of bed felt impossible. they don't see the thoughts you replay in your head. they don't see the exhaustion after pretending to be okay all day. they don't see how hard you're trying to keep everything together.
🌷 ───────────── 🌷
🫂 if you're struggling right now...
i hope you can be gentle with yourself.
you haven't failed because you're struggling.
you aren't lazy because you don't have the energy you used to.
you aren't a burden because you need support.
and you don't have to constantly prove that you're struggling enough to deserve kindness.
sometimes surviving the day is enough.
sometimes taking a shower is enough.
sometimes replying to one message is enough.
sometimes simply staying here and getting through another day is enough.
you are still you, even underneath all the things you've been carrying. 🌷
🌷 ───────────── 🌷
💭 so here's my question for you...
What has your mental health taken from you that people don't realize?
maybe it's something really big.
maybe it's something that seems small to everyone else but has actually affected you deeply.
maybe it's a hobby you stopped doing, a friendship you lost, a part of your personality that feels different, confidence you don't have anymore, experiences you feel like you missed, or simply the ability to enjoy life in the way you used to.
whatever it is, i'd genuinely love to hear your thoughts.
and if you're comfortable, maybe we can remind each other that we're not the only ones who have lost pieces of ourselves along the way. 🤍
🌷 ───────────── 🌷
💌 a little reminder
and please remember that my PMs are always open if you ever need someone to talk to.
you don't need to have a big reason, and you don't need to know what to say.
you can literally just send me:
"hey, i could use someone right now."
and that's enough. 🫂
take care of yourselves, friends. drink some water, take a breath, give yourself a little kindness, and remember that you don't have to have everything figured out today.
one day at a time.
one breath at a time.
one little step at a time. 🌙🤍
🌷 ───────────── 🌷
you deserve the same gentleness you give everyone else. ♡
🌷 ───────────── 🌷
@LexListens2025
@ShadowFaerie @unassumingEyes @Sunisshiningandsoareyou @sadcat13 @Amanda84 @goldenduckling @mytwistedsoul @Tinywhisper11 @LovemyMoonflowers @GreenLime3141 @7Bear7 @Phoenixthepoised @Torean @GentleHealingInitiative @cyanessence @YourCaringConfidant @CaringEzra @NobleSeeker @fossilfellow @BastionKnight @trueconfidant123 @safeplace288 @lovingCat6978 @reservedOwl321 @dapperNest2125 @Creamyyy @naturesbeauty1234 @bubbleSummer9800 @peachThinker662 @warmheartedHuman836 @Mansbestfriend @Paliloveyourself @Magicpawsoffuture @SelfCareMatters @TovaCares76 @sabeyesofblue3535 @Ailuraphilelove8tear9 @charmingApple8098 @luvArisu @BlueDarkAurora @RunningMachine @daydreammemories @curiousbookishness @sympatheticPlace3743 @musawva @KindleMissie @WellsFiction @Angelanj @SlappyMcGee @jesusredeemedme2425 @bubblePerson5643 @creativeScarf316 @cheerfulKiwi1776 @SparkyGizmo @RedOceanSun @FlightMedic38 @Soothingheart1234 @lavenderLychee697 QuietWillow00 @Hereforyouall144 @Choomba25 @amicableLand9991
@LexListens2025
Poor mental health has stolen 15 years of my life. But no matter, i intend to make up for it...🌱
@AsherTree
love that attitude
@AsherTree
Oh, my heart. 🤍 Fifteen years is such a long time to feel like you've lost parts of your life to your mental health, and I'm sorry for everything you've had to navigate along the way. You deserve so much gentleness as you find your way forward. I love that you're holding onto the hope of making up for that time, and I hope you remember that you don't have to rush to make up for anything. You deserve to enjoy the little moments, experience new things, and build a life that feels meaningful to you at your own pace.
@LexListens2025
Thank you Lex for your support! Anosognosia was a major roadblock in my recovery. I found myself not able to focus on meaningful things in my life and I just simply lived my life on auto pilot for so long not thinking anything through. Now I am self aware and focused on living a real life. 🌱
My confidence
@GreenLime3141
It’s heartbreaking how much mental health can take from us, especially the way we see and believe in ourselves. You deserve to feel confident, worthy, and comfortable being who you are, even on the days when your mind makes that feel impossible. I hope that, little by little, you’re able to find your way back to yourself and see the beautiful things in you that mental health may have made harder to recognize. Be gentle with yourself, you deserve that kindness, too.
@LexListens2025
What has your mental health taken from you that people don't realize?
My life.
What about you Lex? If you want to share it m here🤍
@cheerfulKiwi1776
Oh, sending you so much love. 🤍 It’s heartbreaking how much mental health can take from us in ways that others don’t always see or understand. You deserve to feel like you’re living, not just surviving. 🌷 For me, I think it’s taken my motivation, my happiness, and my relationship with my body. There are days when even the smallest things feel exhausting, when finding joy in things I used to love feels impossible, and when I struggle to feel comfortable in my own skin. Sometimes, I miss the version of myself who had more energy, felt happier, and didn't feel so at war with herself. It's hard grieving those parts of yourself while still trying to find your way forward. But I'm trying to remind myself that I deserve happiness, kindness, and a gentler relationship with myself, even on the days when it feels so far away.
@LexListens2025
I m sorry it took so much from you as well.
I hope you get to find some closure and heal
Best of wishes your way Lex🤍
Unfortunately, my mental health has taken away my time for hobbies. Which is correlated with the stress I put myself through due to my workload.
@Paliloveyourself
That must be so exhausting. 🤍 It’s hard when the stress and responsibilities of everyday life start taking away the things that bring us joy and help us feel like ourselves. Hobbies should be something you can enjoy, not something you have to feel guilty about making time for. I hope you can find little moments to reconnect with the things you love, even if it’s just a few minutes at a time. You deserve time to rest, recharge, and do things simply because they make you happy, too. Please remember that your worth isn’t measured by how much you get done
Hi Lexi
Once again your message about grieving what we lose when we aren't well is spot on.
I can relate to what you wrote
For me, it's my physical condition that takes from the the things I love doing in life but it's the same for a mental condition.
I don't know if I've ever learnt to grieve that kind of loss properly because it happens regularly in my life.
All I know is how it makes me feel and those feelings are never good ones.
Recently, arthritis in my elbows are making ot difficult for me to play piano. Losing the ability to play is bad enough but that same condition makes it hard for me to play well. This also takes away the joy of doing something that I love.
I'm not that old and I've suffered deterioration in my joints from internal bleeding from.a very young age
Seeing my friends getting stronger as I got weaker was hard to accept. Not because I didn't want my friends to grow but because i couldn't keep up or be like them. This was also very isolating.
So i struggle because my parents couldn't accept me not being like everyone else. It only added to deterioration of.self worth.
This has been one of my biggest challenges. To believe I am worthy of being happy and of being loved and respected. I've had to isolate myself away from the toxic elements in my life that were not good for me.
Recently I also started to understand how craving and clinging leads to suffering. Trying to let go of what societys constant valuing of competative success and winning is also challenging. I'm trying harder to mediate on different things and stay in the moment instead of regretting the past and being uncertain about the future.
I could talk to someone who can relate to what it feels like to keep.having to fight for what is simple for most. Things like showering and getting dressed and walking, brushing teeth. Things most people take for granted but are painful for.others to do.
Overcoming the pain and mental energy to do the simple things can also be a huge accomplishment for some of us and I want to honour those people who find it difficult to do the little things most people take.for granted but still push themselves through the barriers to do them. That, to me, are big wins that most people wont recognise.
I do see.those of you that struggle.to achieve little wins every day. I'm including myself as one of those people and I am so proud of us for trying.