Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Are you holding onto something you need to let go of?

User Profile: Laura
Laura August 11th, 2016

What is it? And why do you need to let it go?

143
User Profile: diligentBirch8114
diligentBirch8114 October 14th, 2018

Someone I thought was a best friend whos shut me out for over two months :(

User Profile: Maddie04rt
Maddie04rt October 14th, 2018

My ex. Not much to explain, but I just can't stop thinking about him

1 reply
User Profile: acoolusername
acoolusername October 16th, 2018

@Maddie04rt i know the feeling i still think about her everyday and how she doesn

1 reply
User Profile: amicableMaple2114
amicableMaple2114 July 15th, 2019

@acoolusername Im a little late to this but right now I understand that feeling. Even tho I broke up with her almost 2 months ago it still hurts she would talk to someone only a few days after the break up. I think about her every day and how even tho I dumped her, I feel not good enough fornher and someone else will make her happier

load more
User Profile: reservedexcitment
reservedexcitment September 17th, 2019

@Maddie04rt

Time makes it easier to quiet those thoughts but they never really go. .... with time! :)

User Profile: tornwillow
tornwillow October 10th, 2019

@Maddie04rt I can relate to this. So hard. He is still just using me but I am enabling it. Only wants something to do with me when has no one else or needs something. What's sad is i know this. Why do i do it to myself

load more
User Profile: MelanieDaniels63
MelanieDaniels63 October 16th, 2018

I am holding onto the past, family and friends that has shunned me. I am also holding on to my friend that I liked more then a friend that I have known for like 2 years. He didn't want to be my friend and I gave more love and time and got none in return. It has been months it gets a liyyle bit better everyday, some regrets and health issues, I need to be able to let thses times go if not get better to have a better quailty of life. I don't want to bore anyone and carry on and rant, just past stuff that I have addressed here, sorry for it being long.

1 reply
User Profile: MelanieDaniels63
MelanieDaniels63 October 16th, 2018

@MelanieDaniels63 little* these* oops spelling.

load more
User Profile: Lifer
Lifer July 15th, 2019

I'm holding onto a decision I made- I'm holding onto regret. It's a very heavy anchor that keeps me down. Even when my head bops out of the water, that anchor is still tightly wound around my feet pulling me down. REGRET STINKS! Or should I say, regret s i n k s.

User Profile: LoboSolitario
LoboSolitario July 15th, 2019

A live electric wire?🙄 a snake?🙄 a hot coal?🙄

😂😂😂

User Profile: easyLime118
easyLime118 July 21st, 2019

I need to let go of fear. Irrational fear of him leaving or cheating. He's never given me any reason to doubt in the last 11 years. I constantly have this fear. My past relationships always ended that way... It's always there in the back of my mind and I need to let it go. Also of being afraid that it's not good. We've said stupid things to each other and he's kind of sensitive... So my fear is that what I said and did back then... When I was hurt and overreacting kind of scarred him... And if that's the case am I a bad person...? Will we ever get over our scars and heal... What does it take to heal? It's these negative thoughts I need to let go of...

1 reply
User Profile: TonyTheDog
TonyTheDog July 22nd, 2019

@easyLime118 no, someone who really loves you is not hindered by such episodes...taken aback for the moment, maybe, but where is true love there are no boundaries...it is what true love means, accepting each other with their episodes and how they are with good or bad moments...unconditionally!...even joke with each other calling names and teasing...maybe your fits took him aback for that moment because he gives you importance and respects what you say...but I hope to trust tgat love remains and prevails and you will get back together...no neet to beat yourself up over flowing water...you cannot help what has aleady happened...just when you are in a good mood tell him genuinely how much you love him, if you still do, if not, don't worry about it anymore...self guilt leads nowhere but to more anguish and anxiety...

1 reply
User Profile: kindStrings3073
kindStrings3073 January 15th, 2020

I need to let go of perfectionism.

I'm good at my job.

I am a good listener and spend quality time with friends.

I look after my family relationships and care about the people who matter.

I don't need to do everything, I just need to allow myself to do the thing I'm concentrating on at the time well.

I am suceeding and put in enough effort to do well. I don't need to push myself further.

load more
load more
User Profile: CatNoir343
CatNoir343 April 22nd, 2020

The decision i made that i want to stay only friends with her ! I am suffering everyday i get jealous , i am very happy when she talks to me and i never get bored around her , sometimes i get butterflies in my stomach just of the thought of being with her .

Are these normal friendly feelings ?

User Profile: geolojess
geolojess April 24th, 2020

Resentment that I don't know how to let go of. They'll never understand how they hurt me or how much they hurt me, see or acknowledge the wrong in their actions, they'll never understand no matter how much I want them to and I resent them for it... any attempt to explain would and has previously resulted in arguments with him and her twisting my words and making everything my fault while she's the perfect angel victim who never did anything wrong. He'll never see the betrayal in his actions, she'll never see the manipulation in hers. And they don't know how to let go of things and move on, so even if I did get them to finally see it wouldn't last... so I have to do that for myself. But I don't know how. And it's holding me back.

User Profile: sunshineHero9065
sunshineHero9065 April 26th, 2020

I was holding on to the hope and idea that I would be able to have her. also but it was never supposed to turn into what it did. She was my husbands side girl friend. I have her permission. I envied her she was beautiful she still is beautiful. When shit hit the fan she caught feelings my heart sank because she was never going to have him to herself. Me and her connections on a deeper level then I ever connected with anyone. My family ran her name thru the mud all that did was push me away from them and closer to her. She was my person. She was my protector. I hated when she cried I tried to give her the world I just wanted her happy. I scarfed my happiness for a few years just so she could be happy. There was never a physical relationship between us but the emotional one was extreme. It took me a lot time a year and a half to finally let go. I was basically holding on to something that was never going to be mine. The day of my 30th bday last week I gave up hope in the relationship me and her would never have. Do I love her well of course I do. She didn't wish me a happy bday it hurt like hell but it just shows she doesn't and never cared liked I thought she did. I'm thankful that I had her in my life during that chapter. I wish her the best and I have to move on with my life. The weight is finally off my shoulders and she's a grown woman I can't change her. I can only worry about my self and continuing bettering myself. Sorry I rambled.

User Profile: Sregmi1
Sregmi1 December 9th, 2020

I am usually a confident person but my ex broke up with me and everything fell apart I feel like. I don't know how to move on and let him go..