Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Is today a hard day? Let us know & we'll give you extra support today

User Profile: Laura
Laura May 30th, 2017

Let us know & we will support you!

334
User Profile: ShawnWilsonLCSW
ShawnWilsonLCSW July 24th, 2017

It always seems impossible until it's done.

Nelson Mandela

User Profile: YouShouldShine
YouShouldShine July 24th, 2017

I lost my dad last week. I'm starting to really miss him but I know hes here somewhere. Lobe you daddy x

User Profile: ShawnWilsonLCSW
ShawnWilsonLCSW July 24th, 2017

@YouShouldShine

Sorry for your loss. Remember to take care of yourself during this time of grief. Feel free to engage in the 7 Cups community for bereavement support. Hugs.

User Profile: YouShouldShine
YouShouldShine July 24th, 2017

@ShawnWilsonLCSW Thank you so much. Take care too :)

load more
User Profile: cappuccino9183
cappuccino9183 July 25th, 2017

@YouShouldShine

I'm so sorry about your dad. I know what it's like to lose someone from something so cruel. Just know he's always there and you will eventually be okay. I'm always around if you need anything. Stay safe!

User Profile: Kate
Kate July 25th, 2017

@YouShouldShine I'm so sorry for your loss. I recently lost my dad too and am here to listen if you need to talk.

load more
User Profile: adaptiveIceCream45
adaptiveIceCream45 July 25th, 2017

Yeah today's been hard Pokemon go is breaking my heart

User Profile: Alexisalive
Alexisalive July 25th, 2017

Hello everyone ! If you are thinking about suicide think about these things:

1) You are not alone

2) You may have still didn't do it because there is something holding you back

3) Everything will be okay, just be patient.

4) You can't have a rainbow without a storm.

5) Ask for help

6) Call the suicide helpline

but most importantly, we all are here to help you.

July 25th, 2017

I'm not sure yst if today is going to be a hard day. I'm just about to find out. Hopefully I don't bump into that person who makes me snap. When I see this person my mood changes from good to bad. She used to be my friend but she just stopped talking to me one day. And she told people it was me who was ignoring her.

I do hope I don't bump into her today.

User Profile: PvSaiSomu
PvSaiSomu July 25th, 2017

Two things here,
1) She bumps to you physcially, which you have no control over.
2) You bump into her by showing concern about it and feeling disturbed, which you obviously have control over. Think positive, and don't care about anything which doesn't make u feel good.
All the best.@Emptysong1215

User Profile: gonzo6
gonzo6 July 25th, 2017

@Emptysong1215 I hope your day goes well heart

load more

I am dealing with very deep trauma flashbacks and memories today with my therapist. I am very emotional and sad. I feel as if I am in deep grief. All I could do is cry, and had to rest in her office for about 45 minutes. I am so weak from the process that I could barely walk or drive. Is this a process of healing from PTSD? I am so lonely and overwhelmed with emotions and memories.

User Profile: Singanote68
Singanote68 July 25th, 2017

@straightforwardPerson8853, I have had that experience when working through trauma. It's exhausting and hard. I am getting on the other side of it...and I can tell you that it's worth it. Hang in there. ((((Hugs))))

@Singanote68. Thank you!

load more
User Profile: PvSaiSomu
PvSaiSomu July 25th, 2017

Dear, everyone have their own traumatic memories, all that it makes worse for few people is that they think more and more about it and keep worrying for days. What you need to do is very simple, whenever u think about it, just distract without even delaying for a second. Just distract your thoughts right at that moment. Keep doing it. If you get the flashback for a 1lakh times in a day, distract yourself for 1lakh times in a day. After few days, you will be habituated of it, and u will stop caring about the past. Don't worry, I am telling it from my own experience, it works. ^_^ @straightforwardPerson8853

User Profile: gonzo6
gonzo6 July 25th, 2017

@straightforwardPerson8853 i'm sorry that you had such a hard day. I think a lot of people have similar experiences in therapy-- it's a part of recovery to feel pain and grief and to cry. I can relate on a personal level-- i know what it feels like to spend a whole therapy session crying and to feel completely spent afterwards! It can be really exhausting. I'm here for you!

load more
User Profile: Regmo
Regmo July 25th, 2017

@Laura I'm struggling pretty severely. I was injured in a truck driving accident several years ago, and both of my shoulders are injured. I made 5 visits to the emergency room. One of the nurses had her nursing license revoked. My most recent doctor fired me because they said my case was too complicated for them. My mother and sister were getting paid to be my caretakers, but they witheld medical treatment from me. The reason is - if I get cured of my injuries, they get fired from their jobs. I am unable to drive, so my social life is non-existent. My mom died 4 weeks ago, and I have 3 siblings who are out to get me. I have anxiety, PTSD. I wish to manage my emotions better, and live a more balanced life.

User Profile: PvSaiSomu
PvSaiSomu July 25th, 2017

Dear, there is a saying in India, which means that one gets problems because they have strength to handle it. You seem to be way too strong thatn anyone, and that is why life is throwing you up challenges. Don't worry at all, be strong, be positive NO MATTER whatever happens. Take it as a challenge, be good, and remember than good time always follows the bad time. You have faced enough of your bad time, now just wait patiently and welcome happiness. You can contact me anytime for any conversation too. All the best! :) @Regmo

User Profile: gonzo6
gonzo6 July 25th, 2017

@Regmo it sounds like you've gone through a lot and i'm sorry that it's been so hard for you to get the help you need and deserve.

User Profile: gonzo6
gonzo6 July 25th, 2017

@Regmo i know that the NAMI HelpLine helps a lot of people that have complicate situations like yours. if you ever need help finding a mental health professional, support, or even someone who can help you with rides, the HelpLine can connect you with resources. The number is 1-800-950-6264 or you can email info@nami.org. It's just something to keep in mind in case you need any extra guidance.

load more
User Profile: JesseM1
JesseM1 July 25th, 2017

Today I broke down in front of a complete stranger at school right before class. Luckily she was understanding and referred me to this free counseling service thing my college offers, I just have to call them. I don't know if I should. I get stressed out talking to people I don't know over the phone. But even if I could, I feel bad and like I'm bringing everyone down around me because of my depression and that they would feel annoyed "putting up with me" all the time. But my schoolwork is suffering from it and I need help finding motivation. But at the same time, I am so tired of fighting my depression and specific thoughts, I kind of just want to give up.

User Profile: fighter23
fighter23 July 25th, 2017

@JesseM1 Hey there! I understand how hard it is to open up and the many feelings that come with it. Just know you are important and people care about you. How you're feeling is valued. If you want to talk make a thread and we can talk a lot of this out. If not know it will get better. Don't let your depression win. I have been where you are and see the light here and there but I refuse to let my depression win. Keep fighting! 💕

User Profile: JesseM1
JesseM1 July 25th, 2017

@fighter23

Thank you. I will continue to keep fighting. Some days are much harder than others (which are the ones I get so tired of fighting it and want to give up), but I will continue trying

User Profile: fighter23
fighter23 July 25th, 2017

@JesseM1 which is completely understandable. Those are the days when you have to try the hardest and remember the good days! You got this!!

User Profile: JesseM1
JesseM1 July 25th, 2017

@fighter23 Thank you! That means a lot

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: gonzo6
gonzo6 July 25th, 2017

@JesseM1 I know that reaching out can feel scary, but it's a great step towards receiving help for your depression and the support and care that you deserve to have heart

User Profile: JesseM1
JesseM1 July 25th, 2017

@gonzo6

Thank you. I do feel like I know it will help, but I don't know why I have so much trouble with making that first phone call to get help. I had thought about calling to set up an appointment to talk to a counselor before, but something holds me back with going through with making the call to get professional help. It could be cause I'm shy around new people or feel weak and like a burden to ask for help, or just don't like talking on the phone (which I guess I just gotta get over that part and do it)

User Profile: gonzo6
gonzo6 July 25th, 2017

@JesseM1 i know many people experience serious anxiety when it comes ot making phone calls, so what you're feeling is valid and completely understandable. Do you have any friends or family members who you can talk to about this so that they can make the call for you and set up a time to meet the counselor in person? It's okay to have someone else schedule the appointment if you're more comfortable with that.

User Profile: JesseM1
JesseM1 July 25th, 2017

@gonzo6

Hmm, I never thought of that. I do know some family and friends who would do that for me.

load more
load more
load more
load more
User Profile: Shangbug
Shangbug July 25th, 2017

Yesterday was a tough day, but I hope it could be a good day!
Wish i could find love?
maybe
I ate good kimchi fried rice this morning~

July 25th, 2017

Which all your days be happy :-) You will find love it you don't search for it dear.... Enjoy your life; that's what you deserve.

load more
User Profile: carefreeEyes95
carefreeEyes95 July 25th, 2017

Every time I have a hard day and feel like no one cares and I totally give up on life it's hard. But when I'm about to hit rock bottom some random act brings me back from my phase. Something small as a smile or hello makes me feel so much better in life. So thanks you to every stranger who waves and smile at me while I walk down a street or drive somewhere.

User Profile: gonzo6
gonzo6 July 25th, 2017

@carefreeEyes95 simple acts of kindness go a long way. Thanks for sharingheart

load more