Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

(World Mental Health Day) Self-care checkpoint!

User Profile: Heather225
Heather225 October 10th, 2024

image_1728600425.png

In honor of World Mental Health Day, let's take a moment to check in with ourselves. Here are your reminders to:

Adjust your posture! Sit up straight! This also applies to your neck and head. Are you looking down at your device right now? 🛑 and elevate it!

Stretch! It does wonders. I like this post from @amiablePeace77 on stretching

Hydrate: Have you had enough water to keep your body and mind functioning at their best? Yup, that's water! Go grab a glass now.

Breathe:
 Perhaps one of the most underestimated calming agents. We have really good practices you can do right now to reconnect with your breathing. I just did this one before publishing this post: https://www.7cups.com/exercises/mindfulness2/


Be sure to bookmark this post and tag each other too if you're know they're slacking (kidding) or if you just want to remind them. We are much more likely to succeed as accountability buddies so let's look out for each other.Now that you've checked in with yourself, you can keep doing this on a daily basis under a member account using our LEG (Learn Explore Grow) dashboard. Read about it here! 

Have you done everything to cross the checkpoint? 👋 below!

-

P.S. If you noticed anything off in this post, it's purposeful to see if you're paying attention. 😜 Paying attention is what mindfulness and self-care are all about. Now, proceed to the checkin!

44
User Profile: mytwistedsoul
mytwistedsoul October 11th, 2024

Posture is lacking. I do stretch often as it works the kinks out, which is probably caused by my bad posture lol!

Water is eh. I prefer it in other forms. I know I should drink more but that's about as far as it goes.

I do pay close attention to my breathing though

User Profile: SparkyGizmo
SparkyGizmo October 11th, 2024

@Heather225

Hi H! 😊 ❤️


Many thanks for your great forum post! A sweet friend tagged me and this really did help so very much! 


*high fives* 😊 and *hugs* ❤️

User Profile: Phoenixthepoised
Phoenixthepoised October 11th, 2024

@Heather225

I love this post! Just adjusted my posture and grabbed a glass of water! Cheers to hydration! 🥤

Stretching sounds great too and I took a moment to breathe deeply and it feels amazing!🧘‍♀️

Thanks for the reminder to look out for each other, it’s always more fun with accountability buddies! So, who’s slacking? Just kidding! 😄

@dtanushree let’s keep checking in and supporting one another🙃



User Profile: dtanushree
dtanushree October 11th, 2024

@Heather225

@Phoenixthepoised

Loved reading it and took a break to stretch, drink water and breathe mindfully!!

Yess phoenix I agree with you.. lets keep supporting each other ❤️💯

I love streching.. my favourite yoga pose for stretching is Bhujangasana(Cobra Pose)

I'd like to tag @KatePersephone Franse and @tryingtosurvive2024 ❤️❤️❤️

User Profile: CalmRosebud
CalmRosebud October 11th, 2024

Doing ok, posture is ok. Ballet classes starting on Monday.

Checkpoint in the graphic is spelled wrong, but instead of calling you out on it I figured might as well make a little joke. Check-punt would be an even funnier spelling.

I hope you all have a nice weekend with many moments of sparkling joy!

Love and Courage Always,

Rose

4 replies
User Profile: CalmRosebud
CalmRosebud October 11th, 2024

@CalmRosebud

LOL, when I really looked at it, it’s spelled really wrong LOL.


3 replies
User Profile: CalmRosebud
CalmRosebud October 11th, 2024

@CalmRosebud

Probably on purpose.

2 replies
User Profile: Heather225
Heather225 OP October 12th, 2024

seeing if people are actually stopping to check and reply 😂

User Profile: Heather225
Heather225 OP October 12th, 2024

(aka you passed with flying colors 🤭)

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: username4479
username4479 October 12th, 2024

@Aishwaryalohar @Arkab25 @frankieCherry3347 @giantschnauzer @okeyyyy @optimisticOrange49

;) 

User Profile: tryingtosurvive2024
tryingtosurvive2024 October 12th, 2024

Since I have allergies my nose is often stuffy.  It makes it hard to do the breathing exercises.

User Profile: Heather225
Heather225 OP October 12th, 2024

(p.s. if you notice something off about the post yes it’s on purpose and part of the “stop what you’re doing and check in” theme 🤭)

4 replies
User Profile: SparkyGizmo
SparkyGizmo October 12th, 2024

@Heather225

?


1 reply
User Profile: Heather225
Heather225 OP October 12th, 2024

look at the image spelling

load more
User Profile: VictoriaLove7
VictoriaLove7 October 15th, 2024

@Heather225

'chieckpoint' I saw it a few days ago \(^-^)/

1 reply
User Profile: VictoriaLove7
VictoriaLove7 October 15th, 2024

@VictoriaLove7

'chieckpont' 😎

load more
load more
User Profile: FreshMusic6969
FreshMusic6969 October 12th, 2024

Did stretching and breathing

1 reply
User Profile: Heather225
Heather225 OP October 24th, 2024

@FreshMusic6969

a little goes a long way. i am proud of you!

load more
User Profile: PetiteSouris
PetiteSouris October 16th, 2024

@Heather225

internet-self-care-day-self-care.gif




Tagging: @Liveloveforgive @yourbuddy30 @amyfastfoodthe72

1 reply
User Profile: Heather225
Heather225 OP October 24th, 2024

@PetiteSouris

perfect quote response

load more