Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Challenging Thoughts Activity!

August 11th, 2022


Let's challenge our critical thoughts to give them a positive direction! Here is the activity:


Say a statement and reply to it too!


The statement could be any criticism of anything about your life or about 7cups and should be such that you could also offer a counter-argument to it.


Let me show you how to do it!!


Statement: I faltered again. I am a failure.

Reply: I did falter again, but I had made progress too! If I keep trying, I will falter less and less.


Simple?


Here is a 7cups-related example:

Statement: Listening does not solve any problem, so there is no use of connecting with a listener at 7cups.

Reply: True that we aren't allowed to give advice as listeners but just being there for a member is very powerful in itself! It helps to feel heard by someone in a compassionate and empathetic way.



Got it?


Now you do it! Make a critical statement and reply to it too!


Make sure to keep the inner monologue healthy and constructive!


58
User Profile: Yroquis76
Yroquis76 August 11th, 2022

I feel I am a failure in relationships

If some people are in my life is because I am not a failure in relationships

User Profile: youareenoughoo
youareenoughoo August 11th, 2022

@Fristo

Statement: I am always at square one no matter what I do.

Reply: Although I might be back at square one, I'm not empty-handed. I have experience, and I can use that to push me to square two.

User Profile: fruityPond7887
fruityPond7887 August 12th, 2022

@Fristo

Thought: What if I don't get into grad school again? Nothing I do is ever enough!

Reply: You are doing the best you can! Just keep doing you're best and take this time to live and enjoy life. Save money and spend time with your loved ones. This isn't considered a "waste of time."

User Profile: WarmLightXO
WarmLightXO August 12th, 2022

Thanks for the post!!

Critical Thought: I can't possibly have enough time to do everything and I'm going to let everyone down.

Challenging it: I have time for the important things in my life, and I can prioritize what matters most. The people who care about me care about more than what I give them and will offer me grace and compassion.

User Profile: SereneTea0713
SereneTea0713 August 12th, 2022

@fristo My critical thought right now is now along the lines of "AAAAAHHHHHH!" 😝🤪😖😬

Not sure how to reply to that one ;)

User Profile: Hirsch
Hirsch August 12th, 2022

How about

"AAAAAHHHHHH!" but while making a cup of tea. 🍵

Now take a big sip.

And exhale.

🧘

load more
User Profile: walkalot
walkalot August 12th, 2022

@Fristo


this is a really great activity

User Profile: Alesha089
Alesha089 August 12th, 2022

statement: I am getting fat.


reply: I have gained healthy weight and I am working on my fitness

User Profile: Hirsch
Hirsch August 12th, 2022

Best of luck on your fitness journey, @Alesha089 - I believe in you! 🏃

load more
User Profile: loyalace9302
loyalace9302 August 12th, 2022

@Fristo


Statement: I am not good enough. However hard I try, I keep failing at improving myself.


Reply: I keep failing at improving myself but not giving up is the key! That is the important step. I will take the necessary help and guidance to work on myself instead of doing it alone.

User Profile: Angela243
Angela243 August 12th, 2022

@Fristo

Statement: I'm not good enough, I keep failing at everything.

Reply: I am enough and I have setbacks but it's part of the process.

User Profile: charmingSky5972
charmingSky5972 August 12th, 2022

@Fristo

statement: im unloved

reply: i feel unloved by certain people but it's more important to focus on those who do love me and also LOVe MYSeLF


like this one or no? thoughts>?

User Profile: oliveThinker8423
oliveThinker8423 August 13th, 2022

🥰

User Profile: MayStorm
MayStorm August 13th, 2022

Yesssss! Working on loving your self can be challenging! I am not there myself - yet. But, stories tell that it is also the most rewarding!


you deserve all the love in the world @charmingSky5972. I love that you can see past the #%@$! and focus on the people who do love you.

load more