Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Practicing Spiritual Health & Wellbeing

User Profile: PoliteOcean
PoliteOcean November 1st, 2016

Spirituality, including prayer and religion, PMT = positive mental thinking....... yoga....... breathing exercises.......meditation........can have many positive effects on health and wellbeing. What do you do for your Spiritual Health?!

53
User Profile: conscientiousPineapple1782
conscientiousPineapple1782 November 20th, 2016

@PoliteOcean Pray and meditate mostly. Trying to have fath... Keep my focus on goals.

User Profile: PoliteOcean
PoliteOcean OP November 20th, 2016

@conscientiousPineapple1782

Thats great Pineapple. I do the same thing. It helps alot.

load more
User Profile: blissedNblessed
blissedNblessed December 15th, 2016

For me - I practice meditation daily ( sometimes in the morning and at night....it is my lifeline! <3 )

I also pray - but to me, " Prayer is asking God for something, Meditation is Listening for the answer "

I try to reframe negative thoughts into truthful and more positive thoughts - after all: an abnormaly inflated self esteem is just as much ego as is a low self esteem).

I do yoga a few times a week - alone, not classes, because classes make me feel sefl concious about my body - and yoga is union with Self...so I do it alone where I can easily have that union with Self.

I also practice self care - because part of my spiritual practice is caring for others but I can not do so when I am not taking care of myself.

I am an energy healer - so a few times a month ( ushally more) I give myself energy healing and balance my chakras ...always trying to be reconnected and clear up energy blockages from unresolved issues from the day - emotional, physical, spirtual).

Basicaly - I try to live a balacned, spiritual yet grounded life.

User Profile: RideaRainbow
RideaRainbow December 16th, 2016

@blissedNblessed

Wowww that is awesome....

I too am on the Spiritual path for the past 17 years.

Meditation,Chanting, Yoga, Self-care n being there for other I all path of this journey within.

User Profile: Happy900
Happy900 August 13th, 2022

@blissedNblessed Thanks for sharing.

load more

@PoliteOcean for me group healing has helped the most. If there are any multifaith gatherings, be it christian, Islam or mixed, I love to go, for me I feel that its important to learn from other peoples experiences and to really get a feeling of community in the healing process. If I hear of a church salad lunch or a peace gathering somewhere I will make the effort to clear my schedule for the day so I can attend especially if its out of town

User Profile: PoliteOcean
PoliteOcean OP January 17th, 2017

@SisterHaleemaCounselor

Oh that sounds so lovely... and (fun) as well!

User Profile: Happy900
Happy900 August 13th, 2022

@HalKhatunBraunDiploma Thanks for sharing.

load more
User Profile: KellyPalmerMDV
KellyPalmerMDV May 9th, 2017

As both a therapist and practitioner, I find Compassion Focused Mindfulness to be AMAZING for connecting while also improving mental health. It can be hard to meditate when our heads are busy with anxiety, guilt etc so a compassionate approach really helps cut through this. I would recommend checking out the totally free meditations by psychologist Kristin Neff on selfcompassion.org.

I'd love to hear if anyone tries these and what they think!

User Profile: Ravenclaw7
Ravenclaw7 September 8th, 2017

I meditate almost every day. I recently discovered guided meditations on youtube and they're fantastic, I really recommend them!

User Profile: Annchristin
Annchristin September 12th, 2017

I practise yoga daily and try to meditate every single day. I also love to light some candles and pray or chant :)

User Profile: friendlyJet9521
friendlyJet9521 August 7th, 2019

@PoliteOcean I recently started combining yoga and breath work with bible verses and worship music. I feel closer to the Lord and I recognize the Spirit within my body heart

User Profile: PoliteOcean
PoliteOcean OP August 9th, 2019

@friendlyJet9521

That is Awesome!... Sounds really healthy and relaxing for the Body, Mind AND Spirit!... And nothing like getting "closer to and spending time with our Lord"! Love this!yes

load more
User Profile: humorousNest8793
humorousNest8793 August 12th, 2022

Breathing exercises, walk outside enjoying nature, pray, meditate, go swim laps in a pool. Being in the water really shuts my mind off and helps me feel good. 🙏🏽

User Profile: Happy900
Happy900 August 13th, 2022

@PoliteOcean Thanks for sharing this.

Thanks for sharing you thoughts, with us.

User Profile: Happy900
Happy900 August 13th, 2022

@PoliteOcean I do mediation.