Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Practicing Spiritual Health & Wellbeing

User Profile: PoliteOcean
PoliteOcean November 1st, 2016

Spirituality, including prayer and religion, PMT = positive mental thinking....... yoga....... breathing exercises.......meditation........can have many positive effects on health and wellbeing. What do you do for your Spiritual Health?!

53
User Profile: jr50
jr50 November 1st, 2016

Pray, and be silent

User Profile: Happy900
Happy900 August 13th, 2022

@jr50 Glad to hear this.

load more
User Profile: RideaRainbow
RideaRainbow November 1st, 2016

Spirituality is a journey within......takes you to your roots, your source .........

it is away from dogmas, rituals and worldly things.....

a meditative state is the hallmark of Spirituality !!!

User Profile: SirenOfSerenity
SirenOfSerenity August 12th, 2022

@RideaRainbow

I know this is years old, but it's beautiful and I love to see it 🌈

User Profile: RideaRainbow
RideaRainbow August 13th, 2022

Thanks Siren... This has been my path for the past 22 yrs and has been guiding me all this while.

load more
User Profile: Happy900
Happy900 August 13th, 2022

@RideaRainbow So true.

load more
User Profile: YoginiKoala19
YoginiKoala19 November 1st, 2016

With spiritual healing and such my beliefs have been amazingly helpful. I kept being tested and still am by running into small or weird problems which could make me turn back, but I didn't, and was humbly rewarded later. Can't do yoga fully yet while I'm recovering physically since I should be bed ridden but refuse.

User Profile: RideaRainbow
RideaRainbow November 3rd, 2016

@YoginiKoala19

ME too Yogini. . . Fought my stomach ulcer with breathing exercises = Pranayam n PMT n Ayurveda....

Wish you all the best, be brave n never lose hope...

User Profile: Happy900
Happy900 August 13th, 2022

@YoginiKoala19 Thanks for sharing.

load more
November 3rd, 2016

I engage in prayer regularly, and would like to join a Yoga class.

I will also start attending mindfulness groups.

User Profile: PoliteOcean
PoliteOcean OP November 4th, 2016

@Here2Listen1

Same here Here2.... I engage regularly as well... I tried Yoga years ago, and it wasn't quite for me. Perhaps I will give it another try as well as Mindfulness... I would like to start attending the sessions here regularly as well.

User Profile: Happy900
Happy900 August 13th, 2022

@PoliteOcean Thanks for sharing.

load more
User Profile: RideaRainbow
RideaRainbow November 4th, 2016

@Here2Listen1

Hey there . . . I find Yoga so relaxing n easy to do. It's quite simple to find good links on YouTube today which r so convenient to do along with .

Check out links pertaining to ' Art of Living Yoga ' , u will come across excellent links. I too will search n post here. . .

And plz don't forget to do breathing exercises . . .

All the best .

November 4th, 2016

@RideaRainbow

Thank you Rainbow

User Profile: Happy900
Happy900 August 13th, 2022

@RideaRainbow Glad to hear this.

load more
load more
User Profile: blissedNblessed
blissedNblessed November 10th, 2016

To me, prayer is asking the Universe/God/Goddess for something, but meditation is listening for the answer <3

I make sure to do both...but in all honesty, I meditate more than I pray - I feel a deeper connection to Self and to the Universe in this way.

In fact, when I am not setting aside tme to meditate directly, I have mantras in the background - even while I am online ( currently listening to Aum So Hum - " I am that").

I try and check in with my inner self throughout the day and I am blessed with always having someone else in my life at all times that seems to show up when others leave that are also on this path and whm I can learn from and share what I have learned...for this I feel blissed and blessed for real.

I do some yoga , but because of my body image issues and self conciousness about my body - even while being alone, the yoga is limited.

I claim no religion , rather, I see all religions containing beauty and truth and take from each what works for me and I add it to my collection of spiritual practice. <3

I REALLY enjoy reading and meditating on spiritual books and mystic poetry.

I utalize the use and creation of essential oils in my spiritual practice as well - they help me stay in tune with both nature and myself and handle emotions in a stronger way....for , in my belief, all is made up of energy and the ils can be chosen for the energy they represent ...for example - my new go to oil is for letting go of negative emotions :)

I am an energy healer ( certified but non practicing , professionally) and so I use this on myself to help the healing journey I am on as well as chakra balancing and clearing.

But the most important part, to me, for a healthy spiritual life, is that connection with my Self, my inner Self. And by doing so - it helps me stay in the present moment and attuned to my inner being.

User Profile: PoliteOcean
PoliteOcean OP November 11th, 2016

@blissedNblessed

I enjoyed reading your post. You will have to share more with us about your use of essential oils.... I've often wondered more about this.

User Profile: Happy900
Happy900 August 13th, 2022

@blissedNblessed Thanks for sharing.

load more
User Profile: Hope
Hope November 10th, 2016

@PoliteOcean

i find being on 7 cups and getting involved with the healthy living comnunity very help full

User Profile: PoliteOcean
PoliteOcean OP November 11th, 2016

@InnocentSoul123

I am so glad you feel that way and that it also helps you! We are so glad to have you apart of the Healthy living community. And thank you so much for being apart of the Healthy Living Team. You are surely appreciated!

User Profile: Hope
Hope November 11th, 2016

@PoliteOcean

thank you for the kind words , i am honored to be a part of it heart

load more
User Profile: Hope
Hope November 11th, 2016

@InnocentSoul123

community*

User Profile: Happy900
Happy900 August 13th, 2022

@Hope Glad to hear this.

load more
User Profile: funnyHeart83
funnyHeart83 November 11th, 2016

I find meditating has helped me a lot since I started a couple of years ago. Working towards self acceptance and forgivness has helped me feel lighter and more producitve. But I think one of the best things that works for me is exercise, I managed to quite smoking thanks to exercie. I found myself out of breath whenever I exerted myself. I was coughing up my lungs one day after a pathetic jog and I realised then and there that I had a choice it was either one or the other. Couldn't do both.

User Profile: Theserainydays
Theserainydays November 11th, 2016

@funnyHeart83 I wholeheartedly agree with everything you just said! Meditation, self-acceptance, and exercise are key to my spiritual health. It was only through running that I learned to change my thoughts and be kind and forgiving and to praise myself for every little accomplishment, even if it was something as small as running for an extra thirty seconds. Before, I would use threats and negative pressure to encourage myself. I wasn't even aware of how impossibly high my expectations were, and how cruel I was being to myself. Now that I am more conscious of the problem, I can usually catch those thoughts and turn them into something softer. Meditation techniques like breathing and detaching help with this too.

User Profile: funnyHeart83
funnyHeart83 November 15th, 2016

@Theserainydays Its got me thinking what you said about putting presssure on yourself and negative thoughts to push you through the grit. It happens to me also, sometimes I 'forget' where the limit is so I go into an over drive trying to accomplish things and getting stuff done and if I don't then I get all worked up. I wonder where it comes from? Im a little bit more aware of this sort of behaviour (it must be from meditating) and have put up some mental parameters which regulate this self talk but still.. there is the odd day!

load more
User Profile: PoliteOcean
PoliteOcean OP November 11th, 2016

@funnyHeart83

Great Job Heart!... I know smoking isn't always an easy thing to give up, congrats to you on BOTH "knowing and seeing" that it was time! Keep up the great work! smileyyes

User Profile: funnyHeart83
funnyHeart83 November 15th, 2016

@PoliteOcean What a nice way of putting it..'knowing and seeing'. Thanks for the encouragement.

load more
User Profile: Happy900
Happy900 August 13th, 2022

@funnyHeart83 Same here.

load more
User Profile: Doglover1991
Doglover1991 November 13th, 2016

I meditate at least once a week.

User Profile: Happy900
Happy900 August 13th, 2022

@Doglover1991 So glad to here this.

load more
User Profile: LadybugandLadyVenus
LadybugandLadyVenus November 17th, 2016

@PoliteOcean I love yoga, and admittedly I haven't been doing it as much, but I want to try and get in the groove again slowly but surely.

User Profile: funnyHeart83
funnyHeart83 November 18th, 2016

Has anybody heard of or practiced Kriya Yoga?

User Profile: Hopeful0001
Hopeful0001 November 18th, 2016

@funnyHeart83

nope. What is it?

User Profile: RideaRainbow
RideaRainbow November 18th, 2016

@funnyHeart83

It's basically an Ancient Indian technique for Meditation n Yoga being revived today.

For details Google...

User Profile: funnyHeart83
funnyHeart83 November 23rd, 2016

@RideaRainbow I read about it in a book; 'Autobiography of a yogi' it came across as an unusual type of yoga I'd never heard before , hence the question on the forum.

load more
User Profile: Happy900
Happy900 August 13th, 2022

@funnyHeart83 I do not.

load more