FITNESS FRIDAY~ 9/24/21 (IT'S OFFICIALLY FALL!... Boredom-Proof Your Fall Walking & Activities!)
HEY EVERYONE!
WELCOME TO FITNESS FRIDAY...
**Todays Topic Focuses on How to "Boredom-Proof" Outdoor Walking (as well as outdoor activities!)
**Its now "Officially" FALL Season for many of us!...And with that comes cooler weather, changing leaves, beautiful scenery, and time to get out and about to enjoy it all!.. There's No Room for Boredom This season!
**Walking briskly for at least 30 minutes several times a week can also reduce risks of Type 2 Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, & Heart Disease. As well as Increase your MOOD! 👍
GET YOUR STEPS IN AND STAY INSPIRED WITH SOME CREATIVE IDEAS~
TIP 1: ADD FRESH MOVES!.....
Mix up your steps between higher and lower variety. Alternating between Power-walking then back to your regular pace. Which can also boost your cardio-vascular benefits.
TIP 2: THINK CHAPTERS INSTEAD OF STEPS!....
Instead of concentrating on your steps, miles or minutes, try adding a Podcast or an Audiobook. Commit to "one chapter" INSTEAD of one mile!.......
TIP 3: PRACTICE MINDFULNESS!....
Merging your walks with meditative practices may help to dial down the stressors in you. Focus on your breaths, physical sensations (such as the breeze on your face!)... or follow a guided meditation!
TIP 4: PLAY PHOTOGRAPHER!.......
Taking photos on your walk can be a fun way to spark your creativity! Assign yourself a theme. (Flowers one day, Birds the next, or whatever your imagination brings).
TIP 5: PUMP UP YOUR PLAYLIST!....
If you find yourself losing some steam on your walks or need motivation, listening to your favorite music! Not only to help increase enjoyment but it may help to give those steps and intensity a nudge!
TIP 6: TWEAK YOUR TIMING!....
If your schedule allows, heading out at a different time of day may also revive your walking mojo!... Try mornings instead of afternoons or "vice/versa". Or try reversing the direction of your walk! Seeing sights from another angle, may inspire a newfound appreciation for them!
TIP 7: REACH OUT!....
Check in on a friend or relative...and perhaps use your next solo walk as a chance to call & catch up, or invite them to come along!.....
TIP 8: TAKE IN THE FALL SEASON!....
Take in the FALL Season and all it has to offer. Be mindful of the cooler weather, the autumn smells in the air, the way the sun sets in the sky, the change of the leaves, the falling leaves around you, the crunch of the leaves as you walk on them, and the crisp autumn air!....Notice the scenery (and home decorations) around you while you walk!
1) WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE THING TO DO WHILE WALKING?
2) WHICH OF THESE THINGS HAVE YOU INCORPORATED BEFORE?
3) OF THESE LISTED, WHAT WILL YOU INCORPORATE ON YOUR "NEXT" WALK?!

Tag List:
If you want to be added or removed from the tag list, please reply HERE
@AMomentInTime1830 @AvidGamer293 @azuladragon34 @BecauseImBatman22 @Bubbles2025 @creativelily237 @DonaldDraper @empathicLove5228 @energeticWest1129 @fairmindedMoon6898 @gentleLand5245 @Hashib22 @healingWhisper @Irishrose78 @Ivy229 @kindLemonade @Kindlover @LovetoGod @Olivia210 @Respectfulparadise77 @richyShiny39 @SecretlyMe @SeriouslyLey123 @Shine928 @SoftFaith2004 @Storyhymns1234 @Sunisshiningandsoareyou @understandingArrow6288 @whenitsdarklookforstars @Sara2580 @PoliteOcean @whenitsdarklookforstars @KACOSMIC @Andyallen @DonaldDraper @DrDonut @EmmaE @kindLemonade @mentalspace7cup @whenitsdarklookforstars @Artalistens @Dazzle28purvi @Olivia210 @SoftFaith2004 @confidentangel2369 @vivelespatates @EnigmaticBubble @HopieRemi @ImACowNotACat
I've been starting to listen to audiobooks while walking instead of music ... usually I hate audiobooks but for some reason it works when I walk and makes both more enjoyable :) great topic! and i'll try incorporating some of the other suggestions in my walks as well
@PoliteOcean Hey awesome post, twinny! One of my favorite things to do while walking is breathing, listening to music, and looking around at what is near me like maybe there's DOGS haha. I have definitely tried out the pump up my playlist. Changing up the music can really help a walk go by FAST! maybe in my next walk I Can finally bring out my old camera -- hopefully still works haven't used it in six years -- and be a play photographer!
HopieRemi
@HopieRemi
Hey Remi so glad you enjoyed it!
I agree in that I like listening to music too when I walk. It sure does make it go by faster and gives us that extra motivation!... And yes, "sight-seeing" during a stroll is fun. I too like looking around and taking in what I see around me. Dogs, or otherwise! I like hearing how in touch you are with your walks and how you've tried alot of these tips/techniques to keep pushing through them! Awesome job. (And hopefully you will find your camera and get to try the "play photographer" tip and share some photos with us)?~👍
Thanks for sharing with us!
I walk almost daily because of my dog and it's usually in the morning because of many reasons. (the park is emptier so I could let her loose lol) I used to listen to music to wake me up during the walks, now I just look at the scenery more. I always go in different paths but to the same destination (a park) or just jog and walk.
My favorite is always the break XD I take it suuper slow when I'm at the park since my dog just runs in circles anyway. So I just laugh at her and call her when she goes too far. Now I want to try the podcast or audiobook because I love reading. And the photography one since it gives me motivation and a chance to doodle what I see.
@VelVit78
How awesome that you walk almost daily! Pets (especially dogs) are an amazing way to help us stay motivated too! (I have a dog too, so I know how much they can motivate us to get up and move even if we aren't feeling like it).
And sounds like you are incorporating many of the tips above to help you keep up with activity. Thats awesome. And she sounds funny lol...
Hopefully you will get to try the podcasts or audiobooks and the photography as well. When you do, you will have to let us know how that goes for you!
Thanks so much for sharing!
@PoliteOcean
1) While walking, I really enjoy just taking in the outdoor scenery, and autumn definitely brings more pleasures to savor!
2) I have always listened to music and walked with my parents or a friend! As I said earlier, I also love enjoying the outdoor scenery! I also really enjoy changing up my walking routine, whether it is walking at different times of the day or going along a different path!
3) I will definitely try taking photographs the on my next walk! That is such a great suggestion, since I can capture life's essences for a lifetime! ❤️
@Nerdtastic01
Hey there... That is awesome that you like scenic walks. I too enjoy those much more. And I totally agree. Autumn definitely has its beautiful pleasures to enjoy more!
Thats great that you enjoy switching up your routes and listening to your music when you're out on your walks. Is there any song in particular that enjoy most? Or that gets you motivated the most?
That is awesome that you want to "play the photographer" on your next walk! If you feel like doing so, it would be great to see what photos you managed to capture during your walk! Enjoy!
Thanks for sharing with us!
@PoliteOcean
1) WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE THING TO DO WHILE WALKING? my fav thing to do while walking is text ppl or listen 2 music
2) WHICH OF THESE THINGS HAVE YOU INCORPORATED BEFORE? tip 7 and tip 5. reaching out to ppl and listening to music
3) OF THESE LISTED, WHAT WILL YOU INCORPORATE ON YOUR "NEXT" WALK?! on my next walk i wanna do the "listen to audiobook/podcast one, that seems cool
@MrMarino
Those are such cool answers! Texting people seems like actually a super good way to stay motivated and walking, and who doesn't love jamming to some songs? Definitely one of my favourite things to do as well! What type of music do you usually listen to?
And yeah, I absolutely agree! The audiobook one seemed really cool. I would love to hear what you think of it in action if you do try out that idea! Thanks for sharing with us :D
@PoliteOcean
I absolutely loved this post!! 🤩Taking walks can be such a challenge when our beds and our fridge and our computers seem sooo much more appealing haha!
1) My favourite thing to do while walking would probably be seeing the view and the people that I'm walking past and just taking the beauty of all of it in!
2) I have found that taking photos of flowers/places that I find pretty while walking has definitely helped motivation-wise! I would definitely recommend that! (Plus, you end up with a load of pretty pictures to look back on!)
3) I had never really thought about doing "chapters" rather than timings or distance, and that seems like something that could make a huge difference! I will definitely try that out!
Thanks for this wonderful post, Ocean! #FitnessFriyays! 💗💪
I’m a former runner who had to turn into a walker as I cannot do high impact anymore. It was hard at the beginning because it’s definitely a different rhythm, but now I love it. I’m an early bird, so for me it’s better first thing in the morning. If I get to see the sunrise sometimes it’s a nice treat 😍
I always play photographer. Always fighting with my phone storage space lol. I love to take pics of nature, animals I find along the way, architecture, my coffee, tea or smoothie on the go.
I also walk in intervals, in quiet places with a flat ground I walk backwards or do side steps, and do arm circles.
I have special walking playlists. Audiobooks or podcasts haven’t worked for me, but I do like to do some walking meditation and positive affirmations for part of the walk.
The weather has been bad lately, but today it was walkable and I got 15000 steps. Then yoga for flexibility.
Hope you all have a lovely, healthy, happy October!! ⭐️❤️💕