Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Favorite Healthy Foods

February 22nd, 2017

What are your favorite healthy foods?

214
February 22nd, 2017

For me, my fave healthy foods are veggie stir fries, steamed or sauteed vegetables, grilled salmon, almond milk, fruit smoothies, and baked potatoes.

User Profile: PoliteOcean
PoliteOcean February 23rd, 2017

I like different Vegetables such as Colorful peppers, spinach, lettuce, Sqaush (both Winter and summer varieties), mushrooms,carrots (and yes 'Starchy" vegetables as well Sweet Potatoes and Corn.

I also Love Fruits...I love Strawberries & bananas being at the top of my list, I also love apples, oranges, & necatrines.

I try to buy all my veggies and fruits ORGANIC...and eat them alone on their own, or include them in side dishes & recipes.

MEATS/WHOLE GRAINS... I love Oatmeal and Bananas for breakfast everyday...And I always try to stick with "Brown/whole grain" items such as brown rice/pastas etc....I don't eat "Red meats" such as hamburgers, but will stick with Turkey, Chicken, and Fish... Love those!

1 reply
February 24th, 2017

@PoliteOcean

Sounds very healthy, Ocean...hope you will keep it up!

load more
User Profile: falconer42
falconer42 February 23rd, 2017

got a new rice cooker recently, so my favorite healthy meal at the moment is brown rice (sometimes I splurge on basmati or a blend) with some kind of healthy beans and vegetables made with bone broth or a piece of meat with bone (ham hock, beef soup bone, turkey neck -- all cheap cuts) such as lentil or chickpea stew or red beans. Complete protein with the beans and rice plus nutrients from vegetable and the bone broth. Easy and I make it over the weekend for dinners or lunches all week!

2 replies
February 24th, 2017

@falconer42

Sounds like you're getting in some great fibre sources, and creating complete protein meals! Keep it up!

1 reply
User Profile: falconer42
falconer42 February 24th, 2017

@IsabellaJ I'm not a vegetarian (tho I respect that path) but meat has become so expensive! When I do get meat, I buy it on the bone so I can make bone broth and make the very most of the protein. Plus the nutrients from the marrow and the collagens from the tendons are all very good for you.

load more
load more
February 23rd, 2017

These sound healthy and delicious. Keep up the healthy eating, guys!

User Profile: blissedNblessed
blissedNblessed February 23rd, 2017

Fav healthy foods:

quinoa

cous cous

veggie chicken patty

veggie burgers

quinoa " puff chips"

white bean cucumber hummus

lara bars

alkeline water

Artic Zero "ice cream" - made from monk fruit

zuchinni or carrot " noodles"

cauliflower "rice"

almond milk

chia seeds <3 - great for omegas

keifer

vegan butter

wowbutter or any peanutbutter you get as a dry powder and mix in water - they take the oil out

avacados - healthy fats

Goji berries - great for a mood boost

raw cacao

amino acids ( instead of salad dressing or soy sauce)

5 replies
User Profile: falconer42
falconer42 February 24th, 2017

@blissedNblessed can you share your white bean cucumber hummus? That's sounds delicious!

3 replies
User Profile: blissedNblessed
blissedNblessed February 24th, 2017

@falconer42

I wish wish wish I could say it was my creation....but I just buy it from the store, lol!

It is just hummus made from white bean and then cucumbers, chopped, in the center.

super healthy and yummy!

2 replies
User Profile: falconer42
falconer42 March 1st, 2017

@blissednblessed I like the store hummus that is chickpea with roasted tomatoes in the center. I make a black bread hummus that is just canned (low sodium) black beans in the food processor with a little evoo streamed into it, then a small amount of tahini stirred in. I made that after going to a pub that served "black and tan" hummus -- chickpea and black bean side by side.

1 reply
User Profile: blissedNblessed
blissedNblessed March 4th, 2017

@falconer42

Sounds so so so yummy <3

load more
load more
load more
February 24th, 2017

@blissedNblessed

Some very healthy items here!

load more
User Profile: blissedNblessed
blissedNblessed February 23rd, 2017

oh!

I forgot my fav :

matcha , matcha, matcha <3

User Profile: Jessann
Jessann February 24th, 2017

I would say my favorite healthy foods lately are grilled asparagus, bananas, strawberries, green beans, and salmon! I also love green smoothies and unsweetened almond milk if those count lol.

4 replies
User Profile: Jessann
Jessann February 24th, 2017

@Jessann

Oh and baked sweet potato fries!

2 replies
February 24th, 2017

@Jessann

Those sound yummy!

User Profile: PoliteOcean
PoliteOcean February 25th, 2017

@Jessann

Oh I LOVVEEEE baked sweet potato fries.. So yummy!

load more
February 24th, 2017

@Jessann

Some great healthy items here!

load more
User Profile: ElleW00ds
ElleW00ds February 24th, 2017

My favourite health food is fresh veggie juices (no sugar), seasonal fruit juices (no sugar) and green salads with a few walnuts thrown in.

1 reply
February 24th, 2017

@ElleW00ds

Very healthy!

load more
User Profile: angelinaHope19
angelinaHope19 February 25th, 2017

pasta

1 reply
March 2nd, 2017

Yum!

load more
User Profile: Laura
Laura March 3rd, 2017

Right now I am loving APPLES

YUMMMMM