Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Healthy living is something we all have to achieve

Hello everyone.

I have undiagnosed ADHD PTSD POTS and more. But today I want to focus on POTS

POTS stands for Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome. In a short paragraph that doesnt even begin to cover what we go through POTS can be explained like this:

Living with Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS) is a daily struggle with an "invisible" autonomic nervous system disorder. The hallmark symptom is a dramatic heart rate spike upon standing, which can lead to dizziness, fainting, chest pain, and shortness of breath. Beyond the heart, POTS affects the entire body, causing debilitating chronic fatigue, "brain fog" that disrupts memory and focus, gastrointestinal issues, and poor temperature regulation. Because the body fails to properly circulate blood while upright, even simple tasks like showering or standing in line can feel like running a marathon, often leaving patients trapped in a cycle of unpredictable "flares" that impact their work, social life, and mental well-being.

As you see life with POTS is not easy. And my life as a person with undiagnosed POTS is not easy.

You will ask "Why dont you go to a doctor?" 

My answer is simple. I m a minor. And my parents and siblings dont believe me. They say it's because of my screen time or for not eating well. And yeah that makes it worse. But I stopped caring for what they said. I m not complaining about it anymore and I ignore it. I know its not alright. But I need to survive somehow.

Thanks for reading. Tell me your experience with disorders like these.

21

@cheerfulKiwi1776

I have POTS too, you do a great job of explaining it! :)


User Profile: cheerfulKiwi1776
cheerfulKiwi1776 OP April 5th

@insightfulEyes3026

Hey then I suppose we both know the struggles. Are you diagnosed? Wish you the best.

@cheerfulKiwi1776

I'll send you a message and explain :)

load more
load more
User Profile: PoliteOcean
PoliteOcean April 5th

@cheerfulKiwi1776

I’m a Nurse and have dealt with Students in the past with this condition.

Thanks for explaining and sharing with our community. 

User Profile: cheerfulKiwi1776
cheerfulKiwi1776 OP April 5th

@PoliteOcean

Any tips you would like to share with us for POTS that will help us. Appreciate you helping others with POTS

User Profile: PoliteOcean
PoliteOcean April 6th

@cheerfulKiwi1776

Well, While I can’t give any medical advice or suggestions here, I do know that being able to help someone with POTS manage their symptoms is a huge benefit. Especially since treatment can also be an individual experience. 

Whether helping them through lifestyle adjustments, emotional support, or simply being there for them & being a comfort in their time of need can be very helpful. 

User Profile: cheerfulKiwi1776
cheerfulKiwi1776 OP April 6th

@PoliteOcean

Thank you! I appreciate the effort and your time!. I wish you thr best at your job as a nurse and  the rest of your life as well!

User Profile: PoliteOcean
PoliteOcean April 6th

@cheerfulKiwi1776

Awww… That is incredibly sweet of you! Thank you. 💕

I wish you all the best as well. And I do hope that in time your parents/guardians and those around you come to accept & acknowledge what you are dealing with & going through. And that they are all able to help support you in every way possible. And in the way that you deserve. 

And until then, you have us here at 7cups! And we are here to support you. 🤗

User Profile: cheerfulKiwi1776
cheerfulKiwi1776 OP April 6th

@PoliteOcean

Thank you so much! I mean it though. Its a fulfilling experience here. I get to help people overcome their problems annf then I get to be helped for things that I thought i will forever keep locked in me. Well I haven't exactly opened up yet but I feel more comfortable here.

load more
load more
load more
load more
load more

I appreciate the POTS and dysautonomia representation and explanation. I have IST which stands for Inappropriate Sinus Tachycardia and is along the same line as POTS but without flair ups necessary related to elevation/position changes. IST is an elimination diagnosis which means it is a diagnosis given when no other diagnosis fits, or because the cause is unknown for symptoms. I also experience most the symptoms of POTS

As someone who went undiagnosed for years until just recently it’s challenging to know that something is wrong but have no one believe it. Advocating for yourself is huge and I hope you’ll find some support here. Honestly getting a diagnosis hasn’t changed much for me, for a variety of reasons but the fact that someone believed me enough to diagnose me was really comforting.

If you ever need someone to chat with about the troubles just let me know as it’s great to have someone going through something similar or who has gone through something similar to be able to lean on or trade tips.

User Profile: cheerfulKiwi1776
cheerfulKiwi1776 OP April 7th

@TerrariumSnails3

Hey I m sorry you have IST . I m glad you took a diagnosis. And yeah I wouldnt mind chatting with you about it. I hope that you are okay. And also, text me whenever you want something. Sending hugs! 

load more

Hello

Thanks for sharing this with us it must be really hard for you knowing but yet unable to do anything for it. I am really proud of you for your mindset to focus on surviving that might not look like a noble goal to others but I know how hard it is when someone says surviving is my goal and I commend you alot for that. Take care of yourself and if you ever need a chat just drop a message I will be there.

User Profile: cheerfulKiwi1776
cheerfulKiwi1776 OP April 7th

@hereforyounowalways3

Thank you a lot!. I m happy there are people like youse all here. I ll text you if I need anything. Text me if you need something as well. Take care sending hugs!

load more

Sending healing from another person suffering from some if not all of these things ✝️🙏🏼🤍. I suggest, looking up doctor Eric berg on YouTube. Constant light exercise mostly from stretching has helped. And have stopped my multi vitamin and or other foods with synthetics like folic acid. Just drinking water, doesn’t help. Pickle juice (refrigerated), adding sea salt or pink salt to my water, alkaline water, and magnesium along with vitamin d getting through food and or supplements. Sorry for long post 💕

User Profile: cheerfulKiwi1776
cheerfulKiwi1776 OP April 7th

@secretFriend2402

Thank you! Its okay for the long post and I ll check him out! Plus I ll try to do what you told me! Thank you for writing. Sending courage and a lot of hugs! Take care and feel free to text me if you want something!

Will do. But overall, keep your peace. Through rest and not being pushed. I know, easier said than done. But I’m, 27 now but realize I could have healed sooner if, I had rested more. Not listened to “friends”, or others comments in, “how much they are accomplishing”. I’ve since, found that, it doesn’t matter. Some of these people, are just being petty or lying. It all, will get done in the end, just needed clarity and hope 🤍

User Profile: cheerfulKiwi1776
cheerfulKiwi1776 OP April 8th

@secretFriend2402

Thank you. I really wanted to hear that! Looking st other people succeed and me being stuck was ruining my mood. Thanks for sharing. I m 15 BTW so its like, I see those other people my age make plans and stuff and like I feel like I m kinda useless for like not being able to do normal basic stuff. 

load more
load more
load more

Currently *** on salt pieces. Can say it helps.

User Profile: cheerfulKiwi1776
cheerfulKiwi1776 OP April 8th

@secretFriend2402

Thanks for the advice. Appreciate that!

load more