Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Strawberry Day!

User Profile: MistyMagic
MistyMagic February 27th, 2023

Hey everyone !


I just heard on the radio that today is . . . .


Strawberry Day!

I love strawberries, although why the day is in February when strawberries are out of season in the northern hemisphere I have no idea.

So what is your favourite strawberry dish? Which way to serve strawberries do you love?

Did you know strawberries are often grown on straw to keep them clean?

Look at the bowl of strawberries below. Which one would you pick and eat first and why?

straw-1_1677507611.jpg

Come and check-in with us!

30
User Profile: Sunisshiningandsoareyou
Sunisshiningandsoareyou February 27th, 2023

@MistyMagic

Oooh Strawberry day!😮

I love strawberries! They be amazing and so versatile lol!

So what is your favourite strawberry dish? Which way to serve strawberries do you love?

I like them as it is xD but one can never (dont wanna jinx it) go wrong with a strawberry smoothieee/ shake! 🥰 I also love chocolate coated strawberries and strawberry cheesecake! *brb drooling* xD

Did you know strawberries are often grown on straw to keep them clean?

News to me! wow!😮

Look at the bowl of strawberries below. Which one would you pick and eat first and why?

One in the middle looks more tempting!😛

image_1677521797.png

User Profile: Clio9876
Clio9876 February 27th, 2023

@MistyMagic

My lovely fruit and veg shop has had strawberries the last couple of weeks. I've really had to resist because I know they will be better if I wait. But the self control is hard.

Wild strawberries are the best.

User Profile: pamharley003
pamharley003 February 27th, 2023

@MistyMagic

I love strawberries in and on a lot of things:

Cheesecakes

Smoothies

Pancakes

Waffles

on toast

in a salad



User Profile: mytwistedsoul
mytwistedsoul February 27th, 2023

@MistyMagic I absolutely love strawberries!

Favorite dish - strawberry shortcake but with sweet biscuits not that sponge cake stuff lol

I did know this! I grow my own strawberries :) I don't use straw though

I'd start with the one in the middle and work through the rest of them lol

User Profile: TheAutumnWitch
TheAutumnWitch February 27th, 2023

@MistyMagic

Happy Strawberry Day❣️🍓

🍓I love strawberries as they are, but I also love having them with Nutella, or baked into cookies, muffins, and cheesecakes.

🍓I did not know that until now. 😲 That explains their name, then! Cool!

🍓They all look fantastic, but the one in the top left corner of the bowl looks especially plump and juicy! 😋

User Profile: DonaldK
DonaldK February 27th, 2023

@MistyMagic do strawberry Pop Tart count? I'm just kidding I like strawberry jam I'm not a huge strawberry fan because I can't eat them anymore because I can't have fruit with seeds I have a colostomy bag now so they can't be processed. But I do have to say it doesn't make any sense for strawberry day to be in February.

User Profile: Beetlejuice91
Beetlejuice91 February 28th, 2023

My favevorite strawberrydish HAS to be the strawberry pie my mom always made for my birtday (my bd being in may).

We usee to live in the part of the Netherlands where most of the fruit is grown (it just has the best soil for it, being riverclay) and the best strawberries would come out of our own garden, when they would still be warm from the sun. No sugar needed, they where so sweet you could smell them by just walking through the garden (and it was hella big). Ah, this brings back some good childhood memories ❤️

I can't just look at a picture and pick a berry. I have to be able to smell them, maybe even touch them (no crushing the berry allowed!). I tend to go for the darker ones. Darker colour means more sunshine wich means a sweeter taste and a strong sweet smell. However, most storebought strawberries are picked too soon so they don't have any taste. They will get darker in the sun after picked but not sweeter since they aren't attached to the plant anymore. So yeah, I use my nose first and eyes seccond.

User Profile: BlueMoonBlackTree
BlueMoonBlackTree March 1st, 2023

@MistyMagic

All are red, sweet, tasty. All worth eating. But they costs very much.

User Profile: nupolian
nupolian March 8th, 2023

I love strawberries as a fruit but I dont like anything that is “strawberry flavoured”. Ive always wondered why strawberry juice isnt a thing but I saw it recently so that’s cool