Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Favorite LGBTQ+ movies?

User Profile: Heather225
Heather225 February 2nd

screen-shot-2026-02-02-at-11-41-19-am_1770061291.png

I’m looking to update my watchlist!

What are your absolute favorite LGBTQ+ movies?

(Please list the rating, if applicable, and the genre!)

14

@Heather225

Love this question!

Here are some ;

  • Call Me by Your Name (7.8)- this is emotionally beautiful, i'd say this is one of the best for me. genre: romance/drama
  • Brokeback Mountain (7.7)- this might leave an ache in your heart, but it's absolutely worth watching. genre: romance/western
  • Love, Simon (7.5)- coming-of-age, romance, its sweet
  • Moonlight (7.4)- beautiful, coming-of-age
  • Red, White and Royal Blue (7)- romcom, fluffy, it was fun

other than, you can add- The Half of It, Fireworks(Italian), Handsome Devil, 10Dance(Japanese), My Policeman and yeah, the list goes on. I'm sorry if this was too much :,)

The ratings mentioned above are IMDb

Also if you are thinking about watching a series- you might want to see Heartstopper(8.5) and Young Royals(8.2). Both are young love and coming-of-age tho.

i'd love to know what i shall add to my watchlist as well! 🤍🌈

User Profile: LocalLesbianlol
LocalLesbianlol February 4th

@Heather225

Hey! So my recommendation is not a movie but a Disney show with great LGBTQ representation called,

"The Owl House" 8.6/10 - IMBD. It's honestly one of my favourite medias, and shows to exist in the animation world. Definitely give it a watch if you like old folk lore witches, and of course cartoons! So sad they cancelled a full s3 because of LGBTQ representation though :(

Also an actual LGBTQ film I love as a Lesbian is, 
"I saw the TV glow" 85% - Rotten Tomatoes. It's interpretation depends on the viewers watch of this indie film. But, it's about exploration of gender identity, and sexualiy. It's a very heartwarming film but also good! :)

- Local

3 replies
User Profile: HappySpecter
HappySpecter February 5th

@LocalLesbianlol

OMIGLOB The Owl House is amaaazing!! I want to try getting my kids into it, but even if they don't, it will continue to get an annual rewatch from me 🤩

lilith-clawthorne-the-owl-house.gif

2 replies
User Profile: LocalLesbianlol
LocalLesbianlol February 12th

@HappySpecter

YESSSS!! I absolutely love this show to bits. It really made me discover who I was, and my confidence within myself :) 

luz-noceda-meow-meow.gif

1 reply
User Profile: HappySpecter
HappySpecter February 13th

@LocalLesbianlol 

This is one of my favorite animations in this show. The first time I saw it, I think I backed it up a dozen times to watch it!

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: Aceofallthespades
Aceofallthespades February 5th

@Heather225

Fanfic- 8.9/10 (my rating) Melodrama, Drama, Transgender 

User Profile: HappySpecter
HappySpecter February 5th

My top 3 LGBTQ+ movies are as thus:

  • Happiest Season (2020) - I low-key hated it the first time I watched this movie, but I found myself drawn to it over and over again. Especially during the holiday season! Dan Levy, Kristen Stewart and Aubrey Plaza are three of my favorite queer actors! Now I want nothing more than to watch this every year for XMas!
  • Bottoms (2023) - It's so cringe, but I still love it! It's hilarious and dumb in the ways that that my older favorite comedies are, but I connect more with it because...well, lesbians lol
  • Imagine Me & You (2005) - I have an interesting relationship to this movie. I saw it before I came out; I thought it was cute, but not meant for me. Now that I have embraced my sapphic nature, it is probably the only romantic movie I have a fondness for! That ending gets me every time!! It's gotten to the point where I read lines with the actors as they say them 😜imagine-me-and-you-gorgeous-raining-piper-perabo.gif

Here are some other movies that I love that have ✨ queer vibes ✨ but maybe aren't technically considered LGBTQ+ movies:

  • Deadpool & Wolverine (2024) - Firstly, Yuki and Negasonic Teenage Warhead 😍 But also Deadpool's relationships to Yuki and Wolverine have a found family vibe that I love.
  • Jennifer's Body (2009) - Has strong "coming out" vibes, but also there are a few moments between Needy and Jennifer.
  • Turning Red (2022), KPop Demon Hunters (2025), Frozen (2013) and Belle (2021) - Not strictly LGBTQ+, but they all have strong themes of women embracing who they truly are which I find to be queer-adjacent enough to enjoy in the same way. IIRC, Frozen 2 does have a WLW relationship, but it's been a while and I might've just been reading into it.

turning-red-red-panda.gif

Can't wait to see some dope recommendations, y'all!

1 reply
User Profile: HappySpecter
HappySpecter February 7th

For the record, probably all of these are going to go on my watchlist. Thank you in advance.

load more
User Profile: LightWhisper
LightWhisper February 6th

Imagine me and you

D.E.B.S.

The botanist daughter

Saving Face

I can't think straight

1 reply
User Profile: HappySpecter
HappySpecter February 7th

@LightWhisper

Imagine Me & You and Saving Face are both so adorable! I haven't seen the others, so I'll have to put them on my "To Watch" list!

P.S. "I Can't Think Straight" might be the best name for an LGBTQ movie ever.

snoopy-giggle.gif

load more
User Profile: LovingPeacefulHeart
LovingPeacefulHeart February 12th

@Heather225

Swimming (2000) R directed by Robert J Siegel

1 reply
User Profile: LovingPeacefulHeart
LovingPeacefulHeart February 18th

@Heather225

This is the full movie.

https://youtu.be/veO4cKBuec0?si=phNN4T3XNS6Yf2kZ

Frankie and Josee own my heart in this, even though it was short lived.

load more
User Profile: aaakmkl
aaakmkl February 18th

@Heather225


Your Name Engraved Herein (2020) - Not rated Romantic Drama

So so good. It's a Taiwanese film about two guys after martial law ends in Taiwan and them falling in love. 
User Profile: hematite43
hematite43 February 22nd

@Heather225

All of Us Strangers (2023 / Rated R) - It was very sad and I cried. But it was very good. I still think about it a lot. I could relate to the central characters, in different ways.