Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Why Do People do always have to talk on celebs Money or fame? escapism?

User Profile: okeyyyy
okeyyyy June 17th, 2025

So I was at my mom`s birthday, but this is something that happens very often, I notice people love talking about like x soccer player earned this amount of money, or is like escapism, or always talking about a famous person. It feels as if people just show off their envy, and just wanna spit their tongues in random nonsensical chatter rather than talking on other things.

Do you feel also like most of the conversations are an spit of nonsensical things which leads nowere ? or do you stay in silence? I kinda keep in silence than just spitting random things which mean nothing. Talking about people who are not related to me and are unreachable and give nothing to my life whatsoever I do believe is a complete waste of time. Yet again people love waging their tongues like this to fill the void. Thoughts?

30
User Profile: stormieandpaws
stormieandpaws June 17th, 2025

@okeyyyy

we agree with you believe part of it that they not want to talk about self and things going in within their fsamilies so they talk about things that not really matter to cover up their fears of speaking about their own life and connections to people around them too

many envy  ones with more money more stuff they can not be content with what they been blessed with at all they  do not see money as a tool to be used within their life they just want more and more within that even when they meet their goal they not happy with it they want more again so to use its more about being upset with ones that have what they want they compare everything too

so they never be really happy with their life they will not talk about things that really matter either it sad as it keep ones who truly want deep connections   from getting them

silly talk that not really important nonsense   we hear you too

3 replies
User Profile: okeyyyy
okeyyyy OP June 18th, 2025

@stormieandpaws thanks, glad we agree on this, for sure, i rather keep silent. 

2 replies
User Profile: stormieandpaws
stormieandpaws June 19th, 2025

@okeyyyy

yes get that we when young around 3yr stopped talking for about a year funny thing is no one really even cared much we was not talking 

sometime being silence  is a good thing to be quiet to take in details other never seem to hear or see

you seem very smart

1 reply
User Profile: okeyyyy
okeyyyy OP June 24th, 2025

@stormieandpaws thanks, world can feel weird many times indeed, silence i dont mind it. 

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 June 18th, 2025

@okeyyyy I can't do small talk 💜

1 reply
User Profile: okeyyyy
okeyyyy OP June 18th, 2025

@Amanda84 i tend to not do any talk. lol but small talk is annoying. 

load more
User Profile: GentleFish
GentleFish June 18th, 2025

I can relate. I typically just sit in silence until someone asks my opinion. I tend to give neutral responses to things. At times, I'm more just listening to how they speak about others.

I love to psychoanalyze people in conversation. I get inside their heads and soft through the nonsense. Like you said, there's a touch of envy, but deeper than that is shame.

I don't point it out to them unless directly asked, so I'm very quiet and observant. I'll have an entire conversation "in my head" while they talk.

🐠

1 reply
User Profile: okeyyyy
okeyyyy OP June 18th, 2025

@GentleFish i tend to stick to my thoughts most of the time, most of what people talks tends to be boring and or annoying, i tend to not get into their converstions cuase i know it leads nowere. thanks for comments.

load more
User Profile: Tinywhisper11
Tinywhisper11 June 18th, 2025

@okeyyyy I live with a bunch of older folks so the conversations here are mostly about family and the good old days😂😂 

7 replies
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 June 18th, 2025

@Tinywhisper11 Ah the good old days 😁💜

4 replies
User Profile: okeyyyy
okeyyyy OP June 18th, 2025

@Amanda84 lol, interesting to know :) 

1 reply
User Profile: Tinywhisper11
Tinywhisper11 June 18th, 2025

@okeyyyy 😂😂😂

load more
User Profile: Tinywhisper11
Tinywhisper11 June 18th, 2025

@Amanda84 😂😂😂

1 reply
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 June 18th, 2025

@Tinywhisper11 😁

load more
load more
User Profile: generousPlane3067
generousPlane3067 June 20th, 2025

Me too

1 reply
User Profile: okeyyyy
okeyyyy OP July 13th, 2025

@generousPlane3067 me 5 xd 

load more
load more
User Profile: frankSugar400
frankSugar400 June 18th, 2025

i think that’s not a problem

like yeah it’s completely useless but it’s entertaining right

i don’t rlly follow celebrities and care about their life whatsoever

if someone is interested in those public information and discuss it with people with no purpose isn’t bad it’s entertainment

not everything is supposed to have a deep meaning

3 replies
User Profile: okeyyyy
okeyyyy OP June 18th, 2025

@frankSugar400 there is far more important things in life, like i dunno what you are talking about. Like talking about kitties, puppies, and cute animal arts 🤣 like i rather just go elsewere or shut myself when this happens. 

2 replies
User Profile: frankSugar400
frankSugar400 June 18th, 2025

different people have different interests and like to do different things that’s only normal😭

1 reply
User Profile: okeyyyy
okeyyyy OP June 20th, 2025

@frankSugar400  i see, yay 

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: Creamyyy
Creamyyy June 19th, 2025

@okeyyyy good observation. You're right- its done to fill the uncomfortable silence and divert attention from tensions within groups to something external. Its okay I think but...

We could talk about better things though. Its possible if we all try.

Even when we talk about celebs I don't like how people tend to dehumanise them and treat them as public property to vandalise ....

1 reply
User Profile: okeyyyy
okeyyyy OP June 20th, 2025

@Creamyyy  i mean they are strangers after all, i kinda rather talking about kitties, puppies, birds, or just not talk , gets tiresome when people just randomly chat of things not related. Is like i am seating with you and you randomly talk about blah blah blah not important things, kinda like that, i feel alienated. 

load more
User Profile: theartofjoyfullife
theartofjoyfullife June 19th, 2025

@okeyyyy I can relate. I always put my earbuds when I'm at work and people gossiping about other people or flexing.

1 reply
User Profile: okeyyyy
okeyyyy OP June 20th, 2025

@theartofjoyfullife  good choice, yes, people can be utterly annoying. 

load more
User Profile: Franse
Franse June 20th, 2025

I completely understand the feeling. It happens to me all the time.I'll offer you another perspective. It's not always like that. If a stranger offers a connection out of interest, I don't see anything wrong with it. It happens to me when I'm chatting about music. Or also about relevant people but we always talk about what they offer, not what they have, there are differences.I don't think talking about what others have is directly associated with envy, but I see why you say it. Paying attention to those details leaves that feeling. I notice the same thing with my brother, always talking about how much money someone has and valuing them more for it. It doesn't seem logical to me, but coming from a person who always said he didn't care about money and at the same time was so desperate to have it, it makes it clear he's lying to himself. So yes, paying attention to those details may actually be a reflection of what you want, as it determines the values you see in others. A bit empty, in my opinion. But at the same time, it could just be a measure of empirical success, nothing more. Some people are that simple.

1 reply
User Profile: okeyyyy
okeyyyy OP June 21st, 2025

@Franse If only people were honest, people yes might value more money over doing good jobs, and then you have people who do whatever and charge more money, so society sometimes feels like the worst people who will do anything to get high are the ones who get praised for stepping over other people, or everyone is a tool and noone cares for each other, they just want their stuff. Might be overthinking perhaps, though sometimes when you know what is gonna come, is like why bother would you fake it like the others to just become another like the rest, but then sometimes is hard if you choose to struggle as well, either way how much will you struggle in one way or another.

load more
User Profile: Lancelot179
Lancelot179 June 20th, 2025

I don't think they are not of any use at all. Firstly, topics about famous celebrities are easy to talk to anyone because they are common topics but making judgements and such things are unhealthy. Also, by talking about something you can connect to the other person and you can see what their thoughts are on the events or lives of celebrities, because genuine thoughts came out when talking about nonsensical events if you closely observe. Don't think too negatively, although you are not entirely worng, there is no need to think they are useless or nothing to do with your life, because such topics are easy to discuss when making friends or connecting to strangers. Also in the era we are now, how we think and what we see are being subtly being manipulated by PRs. There is no use taking about such things for hours but you can listen to these random talks once in a while to see whether people think or judge things the same way you do. If not, you can see the difference of opinions.

1 reply
User Profile: okeyyyy
okeyyyy OP June 21st, 2025

@Lancelot179 I can imagine in when Egypt was an empire in the time of the piramids in 48 BC , slaves would be like oh have you seen the new piramid Cleopatra build. lol . For me is like if all your life the things you are gonna talk will be the same, the food you will eat will be the same, the experiences you will have will be the same, the activities, etc then why bother? that is why for me life i rather talk to something more meaningful to me, or cats or dogs, etc. yet, thanks for sharing your opinion. 

load more
User Profile: SunshineCecile208
SunshineCecile208 July 30th, 2025

💗💗💗💗💗

1 reply
User Profile: okeyyyy
okeyyyy OP August 1st, 2025

@SunshineCecile208  🥰

load more