Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

One biggest struggle you face with your mental health

User Profile: ASilentObserver
ASilentObserver May 4th, 2019

We are in the month of Mental Health Awareness.

What is the one biggest struggle you face with your mental health?

Share in the comments!

❑ Join us and take a minute to introduce and tell about your relationships experiences here

❑ If you like to get update and alert for what's happening in the community, add your name here

❑ Also, if you have a passion for supporting people with relationship concerns, see if this is your opportunity, click here

195
User Profile: Jaeteuk
Jaeteuk May 4th, 2019

Trying to find someone that understands my depression and all the things that comes with it.

User Profile: Mackenzie822
Mackenzie822 May 4th, 2019

@ASilentObserver Trying to be consistent with my responsibilities in life. Healing isn't liner, but life always goes on. It can be hard for me to keep up when there are good days and bad days. Its hard to keep consistent at my job, school, even housework.

User Profile: AffyAvo
AffyAvo May 4th, 2019

Dealing with my illnesses. I think I'm managing fairly well, but still this is probably one of the biggest factors that puts my mental health at risk, plus it's an ongoing thing that affects my lifestyle.

User Profile: VioletRelic9484
VioletRelic9484 May 4th, 2019

Getting up and doing something instead of being in bed all day depressed

User Profile: MidnightRaven999
MidnightRaven999 May 4th, 2019

my family, despite trying their best to understand it, still somehow doesnt get the vast impact some of my disorders have on me as a person,and my everyday life, and i dont think they realize how their treatment of me because of that has affected me growing up.

User Profile: Mollymlj13
Mollymlj13 May 4th, 2019

Not to punish myself for it. I hold myself to some impossible standard and then beat myself up for not achieving it.

That and the isolation. I cant explain what depression feels like, and nobody can understand what your feeling without going through it themselves.

Its incredibly lonely.

1 reply
May 5th, 2019

@Mollymlj13

I can relate to that... Send you a big hug!

load more
User Profile: MochaFrappuccino22
MochaFrappuccino22 May 4th, 2019

For sure when I finally reach out after people tell constantly me they're here to support me - I always keep to myself - and then they always betray, leave, and hurt me

1 reply
User Profile: AbbyHarris1976
AbbyHarris1976 May 5th, 2019

@MochaFrappuccino22

Oh, I know that feeling ... and when I call them out on it, they try to walk that back saying they really dont understand social anxiety and having to be compassionate to someone who struggles with it. 🙄

My favorite one is ... I really dont understand why youre so depressed ... whats the big deal?, or, Arent you being too sensitive?. I always end up rolling my eyes when I hear those misperceptions. 🙄

load more

Is that people live in denial. I have heard "Just snap out of it." or "Now is not the time to be depressed."

1 reply
User Profile: AbbyHarris1976
AbbyHarris1976 May 5th, 2019

@energeticWatermelon5579

Sometimes my coworkers tell me, Think positive! when Im constantly faced with other coworkers (including those who are my friends) leaving for other jobs with mountainous workloads every day and a high chance of instrument errors. All of this leads to short tempers and more stress, so my reply is, Im done thinking positive ... Im thinking realistic.. 😀

load more
User Profile: calmSouth5379
calmSouth5379 May 4th, 2019

I struggle with sorting out my emotions and trying to talk to people about them. I am really working hard on opening up to people and getting help. I need to teach myself that it is ok to trust people and for others to help me.

2 replies
User Profile: GoldenChance
GoldenChance May 10th, 2019

@calmSouth5379

It's not o.k. to trust people. Pay a professional.

1 reply
User Profile: Bellipotent
Bellipotent May 20th, 2019

@GoldenChance

You're welcome to believe that, but please keep opinions of others to your self. Thoughtfulness and respect for other peoples choices is greatly appreciated in this space.

load more
User Profile: Favor2020
Favor2020 May 18th, 2019

That

load more
User Profile: Countrycowboy27
Countrycowboy27 May 4th, 2019

I struggle with being able to allow people in, I struggle to connect with others, I have a hard time trusting anyone, as of previous experiences.

But I am here if anyone at all want to talk about any situation or subject ☺️