Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What would you say to a former friend?

User Profile: Anomalia
Anomalia December 5th, 2016

We all have ex-friends, whether people we've simply drifted apart from or those we've had a real falling out with. What would you like to tell that friend?

49
User Profile: SeussianCarly
SeussianCarly January 8th, 2017

"I just wanted you to know that I am sorry for everything I have done In the past. Even though I could chalk It all up to having a bad day, or even depression, there was no reason for me to act the way that I did, and It just wasn't worth It. I am not asking for things to Immediately go back to how they used to be, but I hope that you can forgive me one day, so that we can work on It."

User Profile: Saraf
Saraf January 8th, 2017

@Anomalia

I think I'd just say, "I miss you, more than you think I do and just know that wherever you are now- I wish you a very happy, successful life. I'm sorry I didn't say a lot of things that I should've told you. I'm sorry." smiley

User Profile: KrinkTheMellowUnicorn
KrinkTheMellowUnicorn January 9th, 2017

"I miss you. I wish we had been able to work it out."

User Profile: jparadox
jparadox January 9th, 2017

This is my dilemma. I dont know what to say to a former friend whom I moved away from recently because I had started to fall for him and knew it would not work out practically in the world that we were at that time.I had a feeling he knew I liked him more than as a friend. But both of us are emotionally walled up and too sensitive. During a light hearted online chat, when I asked him what sort of physical attributes is he attracted to in females, rather than mention a few qualities, he sent pics of another girl who might be his friend, girlfriend or someone he follows on instagram or something. I was not prepared for it and was not able to talk further on the topic. I feel he knew he had stirred some emotion negatively in me and he tried to start few random conversations the following days to which I was not emotionally available. Then he was silent (so was I) for 2 months. Later he started a conversation casually and I shut him down for I felt there was no sincerity in it. I am at fault for many assumptions on my part and I am too embarrassed and hurt to revive this friendship. But ending it like this is immature and hurting just as bad. So I dont know what to say to my former friend....or if I should say anything at all...! Advice appreciated.

User Profile: wonderousHeart14
wonderousHeart14 January 13th, 2017

I am sad that we aren't as close as we once we're but I cherish the great memories and hope to forget the bad memories. I forgive you but I'll never forget you.

User Profile: DolphinsRLife99
DolphinsRLife99 January 13th, 2017

I'm sorry for all the harm I've caused you but I hope you could also take responsibility for the pain you've caused me too. I always feel like you managed to get away scot-free while I'm still here, still dealing with the pain, still so hung up on you, on us. Why did you change? Was it the popularity? Did they say bad things about me to you? What did I do wrong? We were supposed to be best friends forever but we grew apart. Why couldn't you let me join in on the fun? Can you please tell me why? I don't want to hurt or be hurt anymore. Please just let me go. Please don't bother me anymore. It's over. It's done.

User Profile: imontheoutside
imontheoutside January 14th, 2017

To a former friend,

I thought that when we said we'd be sisters forever, we'd be sisters forever. But now, we've been driven away by fate in our paths that do not seem to cross with one another. It saddens me, and I know it saddens you. However, I am thankful for the memories you have given me while you were with me. I will cherish the painting you gave me as you cherished whatever we did before you had to go. I can only see your smiles from a distance now.

I am sorry for the hurt I have given you. I hope you are happy wherever you may be.

User Profile: Prosperkitty
Prosperkitty January 18th, 2017

If I liked the former friend, I would tell them how sad I am that we grew apart. But if I ended up not liking the friend, good riddence! I never needed you anyway! :)

User Profile: gentleDreamer76
gentleDreamer76 January 19th, 2017

Its not ok that you act like you dont care. Its alright to accept my support as a friend. Im always here for you.

User Profile: Laura
Laura February 21st, 2017

I forgive you