Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

3 Key Things!

User Profile: GlenM
GlenM November 18th, 2019

Please post here 3 key things you have done to help move 7 Cups forward. I will be doing this on a daily basis. Feel free to do it daily, weekly, or monthly. Right now we've got thousands of people doing a lot of work on the site, but we don't have a clear way of being able to support one another. The goal of this thread is to help all of us see all the good work that is going on. Please ask any questions or share thoughts!

5647
User Profile: SleeplessVet
SleeplessVet April 12th, 2020

Cut the grass. Cleaned up old leaves and yard waste. Readied my house and yard for a storm that is going to hit tomorrow.

1 reply
User Profile: SparkyGizmo
SparkyGizmo April 12th, 2020

@SleeplessVet

So glad that you are using preparedness techniques! heart Yard work can be therapeutic when one practices mindfulness while doing so. I love the smell of freshly cut grass.

load more
User Profile: Norayafeel
Norayafeel April 12th, 2020

Played Just Dance with my brother.

Made meatballs.

Did my taxes.

1 reply
User Profile: SparkyGizmo
SparkyGizmo April 12th, 2020

@Norayafeel

You made my heart sing just reading this!heart So great that you spent time with your family member and even in that special way. As for me, I think it's good for the soul to dance a little, sing a little and play a little each and every day!

I too love meatballs and have a couple of different recipes for them. Glad you got those taxes done. I bet you feel better after getting that out of the way!

load more
User Profile: faithe18
faithe18 April 12th, 2020

I helped someone struggling with a lot of anxiety.

I helped my friend with healing from a breakup.

I wrote some stories as an outlet for my emotions.

1 reply
User Profile: SparkyGizmo
SparkyGizmo April 12th, 2020

@faithe18

Thank you so very much for helping others in need! big *hugs* heart It's so great that you practiced self-care after also! *high fives*

load more
User Profile: FaithfulFlower7
FaithfulFlower7 April 12th, 2020

I jogged at 6:30 am

I made a mango-melon shake

I watched a kdrama show

:)

1 reply
User Profile: SparkyGizmo
SparkyGizmo April 12th, 2020

@FaithfulFlower7

These sound like great things to do for self care! *high fives* smiley

load more
User Profile: Tyedyedbutterfly65
Tyedyedbutterfly65 April 12th, 2020

3 Key Things

1 .Peer Support

2. Chat Support

3. Replying to Forum Post

Also visiting member chatrooms

1 reply
User Profile: SparkyGizmo
SparkyGizmo April 12th, 2020

@Tyedyedbutterfly65

*high fives* Tye, keep on rocking this, you got the good stuff! heart

load more
User Profile: Traveller8
Traveller8 April 12th, 2020

Fulfill my duties as Forum Supporter

Took a long walk

Had a strong black ttea and pomegranate juice

1 reply
User Profile: lucy2
lucy2 April 12th, 2020

Thank you for all your support @Traveller8laugh

Time for rest!

Lucy2<3

load more
User Profile: whimsicalHope
whimsicalHope April 12th, 2020

Submitted an official report.

Caught up with a few friends

Had a long relaxing shower.

1 reply
User Profile: lucy2
lucy2 April 12th, 2020

Good day then @whimsicalHopesmiley

Lucy2<3

load more
User Profile: Hope
Hope April 12th, 2020

1. Intern acceptance emails
2. Teen weekly schedule
3. COVID chat (Teen)

1 reply
User Profile: lucy2
lucy2 April 12th, 2020

You're so helpful to 7cups @Hope yes

Thank you!

Lucy2<3

load more
User Profile: SparkyGizmo
SparkyGizmo April 12th, 2020

Happy Easter to any and all who celebrate! I hope the Easter Bunny brought something nice for you or you gave something nice to another!

3 key things

1. Read and replied to forum posts

2. Replied to pm's

3. Helped in the LSR

1 peer support chat

2 replies
User Profile: lucy2
lucy2 April 12th, 2020

Where do you get your energy from @SparkyGizmo angel

Don't forget selfcare!

Lucy2heart

1 reply
User Profile: SparkyGizmo
SparkyGizmo April 12th, 2020

@lucy2

Many thanks my friend! heart I have a busy irl as well but I try to come here in what I just call my "non-stuctured time". I try to use effective time management techniques, plan your work and work your plan to make sure everyone and everything is taken care of in my little world.

But..........this place is really important to me too! smiley It's important for me to try to carve out time and show up because this place is a loved part of my little world as well. I believe in the 7 cups values, trainings, mission statements. I believe in what 7 cups tells me that they want us all here, but only if we are truly signing in being able to try to bring our absolute personal best when signed into the listener role.

I guess something that helps me on this site is to help in different areas to keep up the energy level. So many different areas to help, many different areas to learn, and each little thing of course requires the same love and care, but, a different time commitment for the different tasks. Even the trainings. If I want to contribute to the 3 key things but feeling as if I would enjoy some "independent" work at the moment, then I focus on that in an effort to still move 7 cups forward.

I love self care! I think this too helps to keep up the energy level and try to only show up if I think I can be the very same person that I was yesterday and the day before. Many times I read my own profile page when signing on. Sounds weird, I know. Everyone is different. I read what I wrote on that profile page. It was a commitment that I made to 7 cups and everyone here. I for one think that words have meaning. Can I do what I said I was going to do or not? I have a choice! heart I kind of feel like it was a commitment that I made to myself as well!

Self care for today: wonderful hot bath, family time, celebrating Easter and loving to see the joy on the face of ones that got a great Easter Basket from the Easter Bunny! Lighting a richly scented candle in just a few moments in the living room and tossing in a "tart" in the "tart burner". I get lucky today, someone else is making dinner and tossing burgers on the grill! Did dishes, did laundry, paid bills, took out the trash, planning my tasks and goals for the week ahead (helps for effective time management), lots of tying up loose ends, extraneous paper work. The dog got a bath, washing all of her little creature comforts, special blankets and dog bed. smileyyesheart Even if she can't speak the words, I know she is thankful! I'm sure I did so many other things, I just can't remember. But music is very inspirational for me as well for self care. Sometimes for self care, I put the ear buds in. I remember to dance a little, sing a little and play a little every day. Everything I ever needed to know, maybe I learned in the sand box. heart *hugs* to all heart

load more
load more
User Profile: SoulfullyAButterfly
SoulfullyAButterfly April 12th, 2020

1- rest

2- rest

3- more rest

Today I have accepted that it is alright to rest too. It was difficult to have a surprising health scare a few days back and I am trying to take things ODAT.

Posting this in case someone needs to hear it too.

2 replies
User Profile: lucy2
lucy2 April 12th, 2020

Hi @SoulfullyAButterfly

Take as much rest as you need, you are special and deserve it, look after your health! heart

Lucy2

1 reply
User Profile: SoulfullyAButterfly
SoulfullyAButterfly April 13th, 2020

@lucy2. Thank you so much

load more
load more