Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What have you done to prevent burnout today? Preventing Burnout at 7 Cups

User Profile: Hope
Hope March 21st, 2021

Hi everyone! This is a forum post linked to the path 'Preventing Burnout at 7 Cups'

enlightenedWhat have you done to prevent burnout today?

This can a variety of things like:

• Saying no to a task because you have enough on your plate

• Taking part in self-care activities

• Taking a self-care break from 7 Cups

306
User Profile: 4Jasmine
4Jasmine February 24th, 2024

@Hope

I am taking time in self-care activities later today. 

User Profile: TheOnlyChresser
TheOnlyChresser February 26th, 2024

Today I said no to spending 1 hour with someone.

User Profile: 4Jasmine
4Jasmine February 28th, 2024

@Hope

I did my physical therapy exercises while enjoying music, and spent some fun time with my grandchild.😊

User Profile: daydreammemories
daydreammemories March 12th, 2024

@Hope

Im trying to take part in listener support room more rather than taking requests. And im also focusing on studying for my uni. : )

User Profile: daydreammemories
daydreammemories March 12th, 2024

@Hope

focusing more on my studies and spending time in the listener support room 

User Profile: creativeBraid1383
creativeBraid1383 April 4th, 2024

I have felt unmotivated and have not got any time to talk with anyone here on the chats but I have focused more at university.

User Profile: creativeBraid1383
creativeBraid1383 April 4th, 2024

I said no to meet up with a friend because i was feeling anxious

User Profile: NewYorker11
NewYorker11 April 4th, 2024

@Hope

in order to prevent burnout and stress today, i did some exercise and listened to some music!

User Profile: 4Jasmine
4Jasmine April 9th, 2024

@Hope

Recognizing how much I can handle at one time is often difficult for me. I always want to help more and give more, but my ability to juggle multiple tasks can definitely put me in a tail spin to a quick experience of burn out. Learning how to practice self-care is a work in progress. It actually was a totally new idea to me a short time before joining 7 cups. Right now, one way to provide self-care is to not allow myself to isolate and become myopic. Being accountable on 7 cups, and helping spread smiles, is actually healthy self-care for me. I am so thankful for my mentor, who compassionately and graciously guides, helps and recommends things I should consider in order to avoid burn out. I don't have to do a bunch of things at 7 cups to have a positive impact here. I am learning to recognize my limitations and be ok with them. Maybe sometime later on I'll be ready for a more demanding role. I am actually thrilled to be learning how to do my part at 7 cups, in the role that is a good fit for me! Many heartfelt thanks to my wise mentor, who knew why the present role I participate in was the right fit!

User Profile: ShadowFaerie
ShadowFaerie April 12th, 2024

Today I took time away from 1:1 chats. 

I also spent some time deciding what academy program that I would like to apply to and what leadership position would make the most sense for me, my strengths and interests and the time I have to offer 

I took the time to take a nice, long walk and really enjoy the time outside, noticing how the season is progressing in my area (trees are finally budding, the green beginnings of perennial flowers are starting to push up from the ground)