Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

7 Cups Stands With #BlackLivesMatter

User Profile: Heather225
Heather225 June 1st, 2020

We at 7 Cups stand in solidarity with our Black mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons, daughters, friends, partners, and community against racism and oppression. To our community members who have been impacted by this, we see you and extend our deepest sympathy to you and your loved ones. Please know that 7 Cups is a safe space for you, and we will continue to do our best to ensure that our platform remains a solid foundation for the giving and receiving of support during this extremely challenging year. We are a community that is stronger together, and we will strive together to overcome these hard times.

If you are interested in helping through donations, I found a few reputable links to check out. There are many, many more, (and if you're in an area where protesting is happening, donating locally is a great idea) but feel free to drop any links you have in the replies!

Support #JusticeForGeorgeFloyd Protesters in Atlanta

Louisville Community Bail Fund

https://northstarhealth.wordpress.com/about-us/

276
User Profile: Liru0417
Liru0417 June 2nd, 2020

I stand with those who cannot speak nor heard. I stand with the opressed and the marginalized. I stand with the people who are failed by the system. I stand with the black people and community for they deserve so much more than what they are given now. I am with you. #BlackLivesMatter #SilenceIsAgreement

3 replies
User Profile: msannethrope
msannethrope June 2nd, 2020

@Liru0417

Where are you standing?

The more important question is: would you be willing to FALL for racial justice?

2 replies
User Profile: Liru0417
Liru0417 June 2nd, 2020

@msannethrop

I too am a person of color but I haven't experienced any of that firsthand but that doesn't mean it isn't there. I stand with the BLM community.
If that's what it takes for our brothers and sisters to be able to walk the streets safe and free of injustice, then yes I am willing to do so.

User Profile: kindSoul10
kindSoul10 June 3rd, 2020

@msannethrope in war there are no winners.

load more
load more
User Profile: ThisTooShallPass2016
ThisTooShallPass2016 June 2nd, 2020

@Heather225

Thank you for trying BUT what we need for you to understand is that just as there is a window of time to save a stroke or heart attack victim, there is critical window of time to show that you GENUINELY care. 7 CUPS missed that window.

In addition to inevitable blowing of the "Powder Keg" in America right now, I've been in severe pain because I have buried sooo many relatives these past few months and am headed back to the cemetery this week. I checked in several days this week, hoping, even praying that this organization would get it right because I needed a SAFE place to say I AM NOT OK. Unfortunately the community leaders were not talking about the traumatic events. They likely didn't feel it was safe to do so.

BLACK LIVES MUST MATTER AT ALL TIMES - NOT ONLY WHEN SOCIETY SAYS IT'S ACCEPTABLE/SAFE TO DO SO.

I really feel for you because I truly believe your heart is in the right place. However, it's impossible to fully comprehend OUR pain right now if you are not a person of color. I am living in this skin (skin that I love) and don't fully understand all that we feel right now, I just know it hurts. It hurts like hell.

I thank you for trying and also ask that 7 CUPS increase the number of Black therapists & Therapists of Color in general (although they themselves likely need therapy right now) and also please post resources about "RACIAL TRAUMA" -- it is a very real thing. Thank you.

From a broken heart

2 replies
User Profile: msannethrope
msannethrope June 2nd, 2020

@ThisTooShallPass2016

...it really was the LEAST they could do!

Maybe if their SOUL was in right place it might make a difference. But, they might not even believe in a soul...

User Profile: Brittanny17
Brittanny17 June 5th, 2020

@ThisTooShallPass2016 Couldn't say it any better #BLACKLIVESMATTER

load more
User Profile: Zanii
Zanii June 2nd, 2020

We will not stand for it #blacklivesmatter❤️

User Profile: SofiaT2000
SofiaT2000 June 2nd, 2020

@Heather225 thank you for pointing it out! #black lives matter #all lives matter

User Profile: fearlessRaspberries7133
fearlessRaspberries7133 June 2nd, 2020

To be honest, it's really disgusting that some people judge others by their skin color, appearance and the other qualities that we get since our birth. That's so unfortunate. We must get together to stop this! My sister has been insulted because of her skin color. Sometimes she says she wants to jump out of her skin. Also, I've been bullied for years because I'm gay and because I'm too shy. And I still get bullied. I've even tried to sui,cide multiple times before but I gave up on it because I know it never gives me peace. It only makes more problems and make others suffer because of me. I hate discrimination so much because I've gone through it. I think you all know it's hard when others don't understand you well and still insult and make fun of you. You know it's painful. These days, specially black people are in danger. Why do any person needs to live being afraid of others for a reason that we can't stop? It's so disgusting if someone hurts another one to be happy. Skin color is only determined by our genes and biological stuff. We all are born as homosapiens and that's the only label that we need to live. #blacklivesmatter #saynotodiscrimination

User Profile: Remina
Remina June 2nd, 2020

@Heather225

Thank you!

User Profile: JayPart2
JayPart2 June 2nd, 2020

@lightApricot6413

#Blacklifematters

User Profile: LostUSA1996
LostUSA1996 June 2nd, 2020

Kind of offended that only one set of lifes matter enough to be mentioned here in an alert....

3 replies
User Profile: FoxPrince
FoxPrince June 2nd, 2020

@LostUSA1996 saying black lives matter is not saying they're the only lives that matter, or matter "enough". Supporting people who are struggling does not mean you don't support all people, it's just that some groups need extra support because many things in the world are showing that black lives are not being treated the way they should, with respect and equality/equity and justice. I've heard the example saying, it's like if firefighters said "all houses matter" and equally hosed water on all houses, those on fire and those not. Of course firefighters don't want anyone's house to be harmed, but they will and SHOULD take priority to the ones currently on fire, those are the ones that urgently matter to pay attention to and support. That is the scenario here. Yes, of course all lives matter and should matter equally, but the reality is some lives (particularly black lives, given recent and RECURRING events) are not being treated like they matter from a systemic standpoint. And that needs to change. There is nothing to feel offended about, you matter, anyone's life matters, but we need to make sure the world and all leaders and all systems know that black lives matter right now, and their mistreatment will not go unnoticed, and their voices will be heard. Loving and supporting one group of people who particularly need it now doesn't take away from loving and supporting anyone else

2 replies
User Profile: Brittanny17
Brittanny17 June 5th, 2020

@FoxPrince I agree with you 100% and exellent analogy!

1 reply
User Profile: Brittanny17
Brittanny17 June 5th, 2020

*excellent

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: Shyone7834
Shyone7834 June 2nd, 2020

All lives matter! Each individual is special in their own way - I know I'm not alone seeing the person not the colour of their skin or their nationality.

User Profile: SynSavory
SynSavory June 2nd, 2020

@Heather225

I'm glad that 7Cups supports people, as that's what inclusive mental health embodies.