Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Mental health issues are on the rise around the world

User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 June 20th, 2023

Mental health is essential to a healthy life. But billions of people around the world struggle with feelings of anxiety, fear, isolation, and depression, lacking access to the quality care and support they need.

If loneliness and isolation is affecting your life, there are things you can try that may help. In 7 Cups, we hope people get help coping with the challenges they face and they feel connected to a larger support community.


How has 7 Cups helped you cope with your mental health challenges?


Helpful Resources:

America is facing a Mental Health Crisis

The Global Mental Health Crisis


Videos:

Why you should take a break: Prioritizing mental health in schools

Overcoming the stigma around mental illness


Mental stress can lead to serious health problems. If you have serious, long-term problems with negative thinking and depression, see your doctor or talk to a therapist if you suspect those symptoms are related to your mental health challenges.


7cups has online, certified therapists available to members with a paid option. For more information, click on the link https://www.7cups.com/online-therapy/?ob=1



Taglist updated 6-19-23

@adventureawaits777 @adventorousBranch3786 @allnaturalWillow7138 @ambitiousGlobe3422 @ambitioushope1234 @amiablePeace77 @Ashy123 @augustine1304 @balderasdavid799 @BeamsOfHope00 @Beepyy @bestThinker1986 @blissedNblessed @Brittanny17 @calmcoral @charmaeausty @courageousPomegranate766 @creativeCar5713 @crystalclearnow @dlynn88911221 @Desmynn6789 @dysfunctionjunction1224 @EllyMerelyn @enthusiasticAcai2032 @enthusiasticTortoise6681 @exuberantStrawberries9544 @FaithMagic @FlowerEV777 @FracturedPurple @Fradiga @fruityPond7887 @geribear @Ghasaq997 @GlitteryHearts @GoldenNest2727 @heartstopper13 @helgafy @helpfulDime0407 @iamwhoiamwhoami @imaginativepear6493 @ingeniousLove9924 @Jordan1872 @k87 @Kenn13chan @kindcircle3085 @LisaMeighanMBPsS @lovelycoacoa @meaningfulSilence @modestTangerine2193 @MoonMomm @Mscooper2789 @mytwistedsoul @nessa104 @oa4me @OneErased @onkia122 @orangypie @paperBird3348 @patientwater @peacefulRainbow05 @PhilosophicalModel @PinkTriangle133 @politeGrapefruit179 @Randumuser1 @Rebecca @redirecting @ reservedPark4029 @Scarletpear1945 @ShapeshiftSystem @SilverSeastar @slothgurl17 @soulsings @SparklyFly @sorrowedbunny1256 @SpongeBob2021 @stephbrent @SugareeIsMe091121 @SunShineAlwaysGrateful @tallWalker4850 @ThadSterling @thesoda @thoughtsbubbleexpress @tifecandy @toughLand5970 @UniversalSmile @warmheart0890 @WentToBruv @waves @WorriedMagpie @WorkingitThrough2

14
User Profile: WorkingitThrough2
WorkingitThrough2 June 21st, 2023

@amiablePeace77

How has 7 Cups helped you cope with your mental health challenges?,

Hi Ami, you are so right about mental health being in crisis mode.

How has 7 Cups helped you cope with your mental health challenges?

A lot of times this has been the only place where I could connect with anyone and get support. Encouraging words and just someone to listen. Helped me through some very dark times. I have tried a few other sites but none of them meet what I have here. Thank you seven cups, and all the people that have been here for me.



1 reply
User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 OP June 21st, 2023

@WorkingitThrough2

I'm so glad to hear that you feel supported at 7cups!

load more
User Profile: OneErased
OneErased June 21st, 2023

@amiablePeace77

How has 7 Cups helped you cope with your mental health challenges?

Sad to say, it hasn't a whole lot. I should come here less, but routines stick hard I'm afraid.


3 replies
User Profile: Helgafy
Helgafy June 21st, 2023

@OneErased

Friend. You're one of those wonderful persons on this earth.

User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 OP June 21st, 2023

@OneErased

Having balance in life is important. I hope that in future you will find that balance. 💙

User Profile: soulsings
soulsings June 23rd, 2023

@OneErased I enjoy your presence in the discussions.

Maybe you are helping other people more than yourself. That is another way we find value in 7 Cups.

load more
User Profile: soulsings
soulsings June 23rd, 2023

@amiablePeace77 How has 7 Cups helped you cope with your mental health challenges?

When I first came to 7 Cups I had a sincere desire to help people. I did listen to a lot of people and some of them gained benefit from that, but I learned a valuable lesson that I have to create a stable environment iwthin myself before I can really help others as much as possible.

Now I do not try to solve problems as much as listen and empathize. 7 Cups has taught me a lot about relating to others.

2 replies
User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 OP June 23rd, 2023

@soulsings

Nice that 7cups helped you to grow!

1 reply
User Profile: soulsings
soulsings June 24th, 2023

@amiablePeace77 thanks ami and recognizing that helps me feel better about myself.

load more
load more
User Profile: SunShineAlwaysGrateful
SunShineAlwaysGrateful June 24th, 2023

@amiablePeace77

i arrived here in 2017 and I was a little lost. I was struggling yet I became a listener. I found the website tough to navigate on my phone so I was not that active for a while. A long time member told me about the app I just returned this past January. The site has grown and I just love it.

Yes absolutely it helped me a ton love the pathways still working through them. The listeners are incredible here. Then I discovered the forums … love it and love the communities here. The people here no matter the role make it a safe place to fall … a haven and open community that is non judgemental. 💕💕💕

2 replies
User Profile: soulsings
soulsings June 24th, 2023

@SunShineAlwaysGrateful I am so glad you have found benefits in 7 Cups. You are very supportive of others.

For me supporting others takes me out of my own misery. It seems to be working for you too.

1 reply
User Profile: SunShineAlwaysGrateful
SunShineAlwaysGrateful June 24th, 2023

@soulsings

Agree 💯 percent and thank you. 💕

load more
User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 OP June 25th, 2023

@SunShineAlwaysGrateful

I'm so glad that you returned in January and also joined the 50+ community as CM. You do an amazing work here to support everyone! 🙏

1 reply
User Profile: SunShineAlwaysGrateful
SunShineAlwaysGrateful June 26th, 2023

Thank you 💕 I enjoy it a ton.

load more
load more