Lurkers Unite! Do you regularly lurk in the chatrooms, forums or feed? - Come say hi & share what you have learned as a 7 Cups lurker!!
I am a shy person... And also new to this community. Lurking around is fun though! Many times I learn a lot from the things I read others discuss.
I do plan on interacting / posting more thought...
@Tootoocan
HI TooToo first welcome to the community. 2nd-ly that is good that you put it out here that you will soon participate. I sometimes get anxiety, or well feel idk anyone. So I try and start saying hi to someone, or commenting on something I have in common with them. But this is in several rooms. 
@Sody
Thank you very mucj Sody!
Yes, I try and participate in forums and chatrooms to slowly get the hang of things.
Little by little I will surely participate more, despite my anxiety ^^
@Tootoocan
HI Tootoo
At first I to was a very shy person coming here and in rooms. Then I became a listener to try and see if I could help someone-that way it help me to get out of my shell. MissZ would share I was like so so very sensitive. I was there and then poof gone. Now look at me. So love the forums and supporting, a leader a mentor. It takes time. BUT I am a different person on this side. Once in member account I am shy in most rooms.
I say it's ok to lurk around. See what rooms you like and feel a connection. Feel belonging. I think it's great you learn things from lurking. Can you share on somethings that might help you not lurk so much that listeners/mods and even members can offer to help you?

@CaloenasNicobarica
peeeez come out-meeee-owww gotz some pizzza for ya


@Sody Aww cute cat, I am so that cat lol I can relate I love me some pizza.
@Sody *prods* more cat gifs are always welcome
@Sody

@CaloenasNicobarica
I guess this beautiful cat finally came out from "lurking" and got his pizza
@RumpleSteeleSkin
*escapes to space*

I lurk because I don't where to even begin. My troubles seem so insignificant compared to others
@PurpleBlueberry8789
Hiya Purple nice to see you again
Well we have many wonderful rooms here, anxiety, depression,35+, many rooms. Is there something in your life now that you struggle with? And I want to say something to you ok- No ones struggles are better or worse then the other. Mental health-illness is a variety of things for hundreds of people. You are just as important here as the person who commented above you. Please if there are things we as a community can offer you to feel more welcomed,comfortable,safe please share
@PurpleBlueberry8789 Your problems matter to you, who is the one suffering them. That is enough. Different things matter to different people in different circumstances. Nobody is "unworthy" of help.
@PurpleBlueberry8789 Hey there! It's ok if it's troubling you then it matters. You can say it in the chatrooms or go with a listeners. Hugs.
i try my best to be social (and sometimes even force myself), but there's times when i'll lurk for hours. sometimes, it might be because i'm dealing with depression or i just don't really have anything to say. sometimes, i'll just watch people talk and read what they have to say when i'm having an episode because it's actually really nice.
as for what i've learned when i lurk (which is probably once or twice a day when i'm not talking), i've learned about how people treat each other and how some people aren't able to find the right words, but they're still trying. i've learned that just watching people talk can be the most comforting thing. it feels like i'm not alone when i'm having an anxiety attack or my depression is really bad.. or i'm having a meltdown and/or episode.. it's really nice.
@snowbunny107
Hi Bunny good to see you
ok-so I really liked you sharing what you did, and thank you for being honest too. I like what you said here
" i've learned about how people treat each other and how some people aren't able to find the right words, but they're still trying. i've learned that just watching people talk can be the most comforting thing"
Lurking CAN bring comfort, connection......maybe these are like baby steps??
Well I lurked around before I get to talk in the chat room. I am not that much into community lol. Now I am not lirker anymore @laura
@Laura iLurk :D My problems are shitty and horrific and I don't feel comfortable sharing them online. So I lurk and listen to what other people are doin. It's an interesting world out there. You guys are interesting people. I like being around interesting people.
@Blinkk
HI Blinkk
I do hope one day when you are lurking that one special person iin the room you can find a connection and participate. One day...hopeful
Well, I learn things while lurking but at the same time, I don't because I am not discussing my own difficulties. Im planning on trying to open up.
@Marmaladelove
HI Mamalad-good to see you comment here
It is ok to lurk to learn or not learn anything from it. To feel weird feelings cause look at them they can talk and open up-but I can't-yet. That is ok-honest. Can I ask- what can mods.listeners and members do to help you to come out into rooms and know it's ok to share to and recieve that support?
If the chat is fast and someone comes to ask for help/support , we can address them at ease , thats what i have learnt and implemented always ^_^ @Laura
I lurk because I feel like I may interrupt or bother others with what is going on with me. Plus I
I didn't get any support here. People advise me counseling that I can't afford. My life has been not okay for a long time.
@BlueAirBall
Sorry that things aren't going better for you. <3
The mindfulness audio recordings in the path menu are what help me the most with things like anxiety. I've not tried any of the listeners yet besides the Noni bot (sometimes helpful) but I hear it can take a number of tries to find one that is compatible with your own personality and experiences. In case you hadn't seen it already this guide can be a good starting point and it opened my eyes to a lot of things (also found in path menu): https://www.7cups.com/7cups-for-the-searching-soul/
I know a lot of reading but is worthwhile wisdom inside it. Without that and the recordings I think I'd still be very lost.
I hope that your path leads you to more supports and that continued use of 7cups will continue to be a positive force in your life! I'm glad you're here so far.
@CoinFountain
HI Coin thank you for being supportive here
I am glad to hear that the mindfulness recordings helped you find a way to be in the members rooms. Noni can be helpful yes at times especially just to share something and get it outta you. Finding a good listener that fits yes also can be a challenge. I wish many listeners and members would "fit", but it does take many of tries and having some what of a good attitude. Also thank you for this guide, it is good I bookedmarked it to use for others here.
I am very happy that you found some things here to help you. Thank you for sharing here.
@CoinFountain thank you.
@BlueAirBall Ive been through some stuff that meant I needed some support. So far Ive found the listener service and the group forum chats so helpful, and Im using a path that reminds me to look after my own mental well-being and none of it has cost me a penny, only my own time and effort. If a lot of people are recommending you spend some money on some solutions, then Im of a mind to advise you that maybe you do need it. Investing in your own sanity is so important. If youre not in a position to afford that then its well worth exploring the options here and maybe talk to your doctor to see if theres local free support available.
It can feel like theres no options available to you when things are bad, I know. Theres always something, however small you can do to make your life better, you have to be a little bit open to finding it. Good luck and I hope you feel better x
@reliableTiger2285 Thanks for your support. I have not found any option so far. I'm unemployed. I'm not healthy. I'm dependent on my mother of retirement age. The local doctors misdiagnosed me many times. The psychological support is poor and available only for victims of domestic violence in my area.
@BlueAirBall hopefully just being on here and talking to us is a step forward. My advice is, don
@BlueAirBall =S Sorry to hear that.
