What does feeling sexual attraction feel like?

Kimberly Claudat, PhD

I'm a cognitive-behavioral therapist, here to support you in learning skills to cope with depression, anxiety, and painful emotions through a collaborative approach.

Anonymous
You're just hyper-aware of the person and where their body is at all times, and you catch yourself staring at them, and you want to go over and touch them. Meanwhile you feel continuously warm and agitated, like a pot of water that's simmering, and your mind starts imagining all kinds of crazy things about the person, often without your conscious direction. It can be either pleasant or very disturbing, depending on how you feel about it and about the person.
RibbonOfLight4
I think of it as a magnet. Just as like when you are hungry and you see and smell a nice meal. There is this desire to touch that food, to taste it. I feel it like some desire, physical and emotional to get closer. Like an itch. It's also temptation. Like that feeling when someone is about to tell you a secret... and doesn't. Or when you see someone about to take a glass, and doesn't. This temptation to finally touch or be touched by. I see it also as a spiritual need for connection. It's really mysterious how it works in ways we can't predict. Sometimes it goes away, or sometimes it happens randomly.
avocadoallyson
Sexual attraction is different for everyone. Some people describe it as a knot in their stomach and other people describe it as a cloudy feeling in their head. It's normal to feel sexual attraction toward other people, and it's also normal to have never felt sexual attraction toward anyone. Only you can decide whether or not you are experiencing sexual attraction.
It feels like there is something physical that draws you to the other person, and you wish to engage in sexual activities with them. It's not just about desiring physical contact, which is also possible when the contact (and the attraction) is not of sexual type. It involves both mind, through fantasies, and body, through physical arousal. If you think it is something you don't experience, then it is likely that your orientation is asexual.
Anonymous
i've recently been wondering if i'm demisexual and i would consider feeling sexual attraction to be feeling the need to physically touch someone and then kiss them and so on til it progresses to wanting to have sex with them.
serenePresence54
Sexual attraction is when you are aware of both yourself and a feeling of sexual excitement. For some it can occur in different ways such as racing heartbeat, tingling sensation(s), blushing, and etc.
AerinL
When you look at a personal and feel completely drawn to them. You body will also start to respond too as it may be hard to concentrate on anything except them.
complicatedbutokay
the first time you feel it, it might seem shameful, but it isn't it's not a crime to be sexually attracted to someone as long as you know what your doing & won't regret it afterwards
Anonymous
Sexual attraction is a personal experience, and I imagine it varies from person to person what it feels like. To me, it's a warmth and a tingle, like you're experiencing something both enjoyable and exciting, almost with a bit of nervous energy. It always makes me forget everything around me and makes me want to just give in.
Anonymous
October 22nd, 2015 1:54am
Sexual attraction feels simply like "I want to have sex with you,"
magneticPoetry35
I've always felt sexual attraction but i have never acted on it but I can say it's wanting to be intimate with someone I guess