Everytime i go get my eyebrows waxed i realize i flinch everytime the lady touches my face while my eyes are closed why?

Australia

Raifiel Cyril, Masters in Applied Psychology

Everyone needs a little support from time to time to take the next step. I am here to listen and help you achieve what your heart desires.

Mila76
It's a very normal reaction we get. It can either be because your brain responds with flinches/goosebumps/or a tingly feeling when something ''unfamiliar'' touches you. Or, it can be because your body is already familiar with that painful feeling of wax being ripped off your skin. So, you're almost ''mentally preparing yourself'' right before it happens.
Sintix
It's a natural human instinct to be scared of unknown human's touch. It's definitely normal. Just breathe, and watch the person until they put the wax paper on. It's easier to be aware when they're going to touch you.