im scared to be around people, but my parents force me then i panic. what do i do?

Adam Brown, PhD, LICSW (WA & MA) LCSW (NY & IL)

Asking for help can be a challenge, especially when feeling shameful, guilty, or embarrassed of our thoughts and/or behaviors. I am happy to support you work through this.

Anonymous
I used to be very scared of being around people, and they way I got over it was by forcing myself to meet people. But importantly, I forced myself, it was my idea. They probably want to help but they don't realise that taking away from you the power to choose is going to make you feel less confident in general, which will show around people. Let them know how you feel if that is at all possible or try to make arrangements so you can do things in your own terms.
listening2you4you
Make sure they know how you feel, and remind them often. You should also take a step back and see if there is something causing these feelings. You should also see if there are certain times that you panic and try to look at patterns. If it’s just random, which is perfectly okay, than you can work on those feelings specifically. It’s probably better not to avoid being around people in general, so you should focus more on changing or accepting the feelings that are there. It might also help to see the reasons your parents force you too, and talk it out with them.
TheBabyLion
I believe there's a great reason why Listeners on this site are not allowed to give advice - it's simply because nobody BUT you know your situation and your choices better than you do. I really wish you would contact some Listener (I volunteer!) for a session - that way it's a good chance a person would be able to hear out more about the details of your story and perhaps guide you to reaching a best possible solution. I wish you strength, dear one!
DesideriaDark
Try to explain your problem to your parents, maybe then they will understand in what situation they are putting you in. When you get a panic attack try to focus on your breathing. Take a long, slow breath in through your nose, first filling your lower lungs, then your upper lungs. Hold your breath to the count of "three." Exhale slowly through pursed lips, while you relax the muscles in your face, jaw, shoulders, and stomach.
SilverEars
I was lucky as my parents would listen to me when i told them i was anxious (sometimes). i tried to ease myself into it, build it up slowly to get myself used to it. I try to make sure that whoever the people are are understanding and do understand my situation (unless strangers) like my family and friends. Because my anxiety has stemmed from my family it's different and theyre at least a bit understanding. I used to carry things that meant a lot to me, things to distract me, learn when i needed to take myself out of a situation and calm down. My most useful things as fidget toys, books and teddies.