Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Not All Longest Nights Belong to the Sky

User Profile: daydreammemories
daydreammemories December 26th, 2025


Hello hello wonderful humans! I hope your days go as smoothly as possible💚 Happy holidays and Merry Christmas to everyone celebrating🎉🙂

Last Sunday was the longest night of the year for many of us. In Persian, this night is celebrated as "Yalda".

Yalda Night is known as the longest night of the year — a moment we can measure, predict, and mark together. We know exactly when it starts and when it ends.

Historically, it symbolized the victory of light over darkness and hope over hardship. Families gather to stay awake through the night, trusting that after the longest darkness, the days would begin to grow longer again. ✨

But life has its own longest nights.

There are nights that don’t follow astronomy or calendars. Nights of loss, anxiety, depression, uncertainty, illness, or waiting. Nights where time feels stretched, where the idea of “morning” feels distant or irrelevant. Nights that don’t end with sunlight, gatherings, or tradition.

This post is about acknowledging those nights.
The ones we don’t name.
The ones we endure silently.
The ones that feel endless not because of the sky, but because of what we are carrying.

Yalda reminds us that darkness passes. But it also invites us to ask harder questions about the darkness we live through.

⁛What has been the longest night of your life?
⁛What made it feel endless?
⁛Did you have support, or did you carry it alone?
⁛What helped you get through — or are you still in it?
⁛
And when you imagine “morning,” what does that actually mean for you?

(Kindly please add trigger warning if necessary!)
(Please use your member account to answer and your listener account for supportive replies)

chatgpt-image-dec-26-2025-09-17-15-pm_1766771306.png

37
User Profile: daydreammemories
daydreammemories OP December 26th, 2025
Invisible taglist:
@0hMakayla @22butterflies @3Rabbits @42Matt42The564Listener @4DarkSouls @95969 @Aamberr410 @AbbyHarris1976 @acesarrow @adaptablePomegranate1115 @AddictedTealover98 @Adeline12345 @Admirablerainbow2825 @adorableFern7820 @adrjust1 @agreeableCoconut5361 @agreeablePond9662 @agreeableSquare9389 @agreeableTangerine2563 @agreeableWillow7545 @Ahava1205 @Aireal2034 @Akunin11 @AllisonPena @allyswift @ALove3 @AlwaysAnxious1998 @AlwaysForYou197 @alyssakate346 @ambitiousNorth1459 @AmeliaPond4578 @AmeneH @amiablePal9825 @Amyrachelle08 @Aniconic @AnisneyRobin @Annabanana1014 @annedromeda844 @Anrai @AnxietyAt40 @Anxiousbean2310 @AnxiousPana @Apollorosedove @arrowway0812 @ArtDraw27 @Ashcash10 @Ashleeta777 @Assirac08 @AstronomySkies @AutiBoy @AverageAbigail @axlyxx27 @AzureWinter @B00nasaurusr3x @Bardofthevoid @basilcandle @batmansmom @baylinAnderson123 @Becca1231233 @BenjaminLee23 @BettieNotBetty @betty212 @blissedNblessed @blissfulChatter7642 @blissfulSpring1368 @BlueDusk99 @blueMaple5323 @bluePomegranate4531 @bluewhitehyacinth @bouncyCandy4246 @brightPine1483 @brightShip19 @brightSoul7805 @BritnyK123 @BrokenMedic @bryl @bubblySunshine4852 @BumblebeeHeart @butterflyboy @caffeinatedcatio @Caitlyn1993 @calmFriend5030 @calmmoon2104 @calmsoulmeet @Caringone1004 @CarverTea @catsluvr @cattoccino @catwriter2389 @cbwood @CelineEvil @charmingDay5236 @charmingNorth9087 @charmingSky5972 @charmingWords1065 @checkmate0212 @cherishedHoney2792 @cherryskiies @ChrissyHoward3 @Christopher1243 @coffeejellyy @comfortablePeace003 @conscientiousowl7754 @considerateChestnut4179 @considerateCircle9411 @consideratePineapple5388 @convivialKite4157 @convivialLychee8692 @convivialSquare2347 @cookiemonster1410 @coolpineapple13 @CordialBeing @cosmicats @courageouspanda2006 @courageousPup5706 @courteousRaspberries8980 @CraftyCatMomma @creativeLion1989 @creativeNickel7334 @CrowofCompassion @cuteOrange213 @cyanCup5451 @cyanGlobe6079 @cyanPeach789 @cyanVase4070 @Cydneyroberson @Dagro1933 @daisieslavendar @Dallas86040 @Danielle00000 @DaydreamEllie @Daydreamer0402 @daydreammemories @decisiveLychee3669 @delaware @delilahbard1812 @determinedSea6259 @Dhie2001 @DiamondSpace @diligentChestnut509 @DinaElwy @diplomaticNest2838 @diplomaticWillow7584 @donnie25311 @DragonessCocoa1 @Ecargrace @echobell @ecmcookiez @Einstein6427 @electricPoetry61 @elektra1717 @ella43 @Ellewoods24 @elora03 @ElysiumC @Emery15 @emikoda @Emily328 @emilyel @EmKayGee10 @Emm22 @emma131 @Emmiollie7 @Emmur @emotionalpal710 @emotionalScarf5866 @Empatheticcounsellor1 @EmpathyShoulder1904 @emylly @enchantedlove @enchantingWings22219 @Endowments @enjoysilence @enlightenedGrace9961 @EvilRegalsReadToo @fairmindedGrapefruit6968 @fairmindedScarf1703 @fearlessCar2051 @fearlessLemon4109 @FeatherIce25 @findingpeace89 @FlowerTheSun @forcefulFriend4768 @forcefulLion8163 @Forestling @Fosterkittycat @freya10 @FroggyTheCubsFan @funnyLime3611 @fuzzyLemon @GA999 @galactictroubles @Galatickat @galaxywatcher @gardinermmii @GatoMurr @generousPapaya5979 @generousTiger9431 @Genny0422 @gentleKiwi1330 @GeorgeK45 @gigantCloud92 @GlitteringNights @GoldenRuleJG @goodPond6231 @goodStrawberries7059 @grace1606 @grapes27 @Green2602 @happylittlenote @hardworkingEast9081 @hardworkingPark7364 @HealingTalk @heathermarie95 @heisenberg1729 @helloThinker214 @Helpinghand360 @hereforyoualy01 @higgi646 @Holly74 @honestBlueberry2601 @honestDog4802 @honestSky3076 @HoneyBear13 @HumidHumor @Hydrangea03 @Iamwhoiamwhoami @Icicle0212 @iloveyouxx @imlistening01 @imofficiallyburnt @impartialTriangle8899 @ImTryingMyBes @incarnatedsoul @incredibleFriend229 @indigoCucumber8623 @IndigoParkbench @indigoRaspberries4203 @Inevitablefates @Infurno2345 @inhb2511 @intellectualberry845 @intellectualSea9360 @intellectualStrings6074 @intelligentWheel627 @intimatefriend @intuitiveBanana7916 @intuitiveNectarine1438 @inventiveAcai8749 @Invisibility101 @ireallydontknowatthispoint @Itsastressyjellyfish @itsmeleigh @ivoryHuman1319 @IvoryOcean1985 @iwishuwell @Jacof @jamaya @JarofSeeds627 @JazzyQueen @JeanneDarc @Jenn7Cups @JGfirefly @jimbotyke @jinlatte @jlswan15 @JohnathanAusgaber @Jordan1872 @jrk27 @Judy7 @jumpingforjoy @jvrjrz @K87 @karabear1979 @kareninaa @kathy3667 @katia22 @kbrosious @kcipria23 @kdsyahirah @kindMist7113 @kirstenolga97 @kitkatbreak56 @kjthales @KnownSignal @Kobiedog @KremeBrulee @KrystalRose01 @Kurt789 @kwheelz @Kylenostyle @L0404 @LadyPisces94 @LalaLives @laneyyrose @Laura718violin @lavender50 @lavendersecret1 @Lavendersubmarine @leaaa1804 @leader00 @LemonSea @LeonardoMarino @Lexloveslife @lxxfab @lialeeloves @LightSoul108 @lilbit010609 @lilsquiggles0516 @limegreenPenguin3507 @limeVillage6456 @LinaMoon @lindsaychamomile @liquidfuse @literallystarr @littleBeechwood3442 @LittleBirdie30 @littleChestnut8533 @littleCucumber4166 @littleHemlock6787 @littlePomegranate9703 @Lolaem @LoLoMarx @lovelyYellow7670 @lovingVillage6519 @lovingWater1982 @loyalChestnut464 @loyalHouse9898 @lucie01100 @lucywood83 @lulu2024 @Lumibree @lunaalistens @LunaLovegood21 @lyf2021 @M4GIC @MadHatter07 @MaiDaffodil @mandyfar @mang016 @mapleleaf606 @mapler459 @masterekat @mayarsaur @MayStorm @Mcgirl @Mcoco23 @Mel15 @Melayla @mellow6mel @melodyenola @Mennah95 @Meowsicle @mgmpa @mhx1 @MidnightMaze @MikuoniandBlueCheese @miraculousKoala374 @Mishka1599 @MissHopesAndDreams @MochaFrappuccino22 @moonlightinnight @MrsAshleyMarie @MsOctober72 @munchiegoosie @muskoka @mxmes @MyFeathers @MyGigi @mytwistedsoul @Neonpaint21 @newsiesstoptheworld @nicePenguin3272 @NineIX09 @Nintendoll666 @NoneTheWiser @nongelic @NorahListens @notjustsomeone @NurturingNicole @Oceangirl131 @Opentalkers @optimisticOak9114 @ORANGESLemonsCITRUS @ouwillbefound @owo123 @PandaHelp000 @Paprika001 @parisayano @PatienceImpatiens @patmunster92 @PentUpAtsoc @pinklily123 @pinkPine2200 @pioneeringMelon3335 @pioneeringPark2431 @pioneeringPlace7190 @pixley1 @politeAcres756 @politeHemlock297 @politeStrawberries7858 @ponderingLily71 @PositiveFlowers @positiveRiver9935 @potassiumm @PotatoSoup @powerfulTalker1436 @PrabhavR @practicalBalloon309 @practicalLemon6788 @practicalMoon4496 @PrettyDiver @prplppleater9955 @purpleHuman1040 @purpleMango9286 @PurpleSnail @purva13 @quickwittedMaple4335 @QuietLightning @raadhiyah @RachelAngeli @raeannelyssa @raellerina @Rambino @Rea2255 @Reader118 @RecklessM @redHPmh33666 @reginalistener18 @relaxSea @reliablePear5579 @renaddicott @reservedAcres8109 @reservedCat9143 @reservedJar1333 @ResponsiveRia @RhaegarValyria @Rian92 @richyShiny39 @Riverwarrior11 @rocketpajamas @Rose1324 @Rue420 @RuroBell @Ryanbecerra @Ryndax @RyP @sabeyesofblue3535 @Sabrinared @sadclxud @Sadstan869 @SavoyTruffle20 @secretAcai1180 @secretPeach2997 @Seeker1898 @selfconfidentSugar @serenemelody7829 @sgraceroe @shadowmothhh @Shatteredmusic @shiningDay80 @ShrutiScarlet @ShyCat1678201 @shyEyes378 @simpletons @sinclair @Singlemama123 @SirenOfTheBrokenKind @sjundeinseglet @Skillalistenalot @sky2Ocean20 @Skylar4 @SlugBuggie @Smallbean0404 @Smileydays @Snoipe @snugglyMirage9778 @sofiacarsonfan27 @Sonena @sonerii @sophia997 @sporkchop @Squidward07 @Stardew3 @starfire48 @starkmechanic3000 @starryskies108 @Stevenl34 @SThatsit @StillClimbing @straightforwardLion9986 @Stressedinboston @Summerlove18976 @Sunshinefishgirl @sunshinegiraffe123 @supportbuddy @SvenTree @sweetheartExhale @SweetListener4654 @Syd113 @sympatheticCamp3221 @SynSavory @Taytay25 @TealPhotog @Teddylistener @teemo98989 @TeenyTinyAppy @ThatoCares @Theanxiouskat @TheAutumnWitch @TheCaringOne @TheChozen1 @TheGoodFairy @TheResilientDancer @thisismafiaboy @thiswillbeeasytoremember @thoughtfulJet4615 @thoughtfulmomma @thoughtfulPine3302 @Time2GoDark @tinysnowflakes @tiredtree1 @TNTDynamite @Torean @TrickyRicky @ttheal @turquoiseBike7729 @TylerWh @unassumingBirch5677 @UnnamedFeeling2003 @uqhkenzi @Username5432 @UwUIWolfieIUwU @V3ntus @vampire1999 @ventallout @versatilePear4061 @VickyP @victoriasorya @violalover1234 @Waluigi420 @warmheartedEmily @warmheartedFarm7120 @warmheartedSailboat2021 @warmheartedSea2180 @warmheartedSkies7091 @whisperingcanyon @WhiteDolphin27 @Wildarkberry @windSpirit @WishUponAStar968 @Witchybird27 @WittyCar0607 @wittyLunch657 @wonderfullIceCream1127 @Wrehn @wxsteriia @xandia @xxParkerxx @Yasshhaaaaa @Yazoo83 @yellowSquare6431 @yessszuchi08 @yumii88 @Zengrl
You can be added or removed from the tag list here! 

User Profile: thoughtfulmomma
thoughtfulmomma December 26th, 2025

⁛What has been the longest night of your life? It was fear for someone's life.
⁛What made it feel endless? Not knowing what was going to happen, not knowing how we were at this point
⁛Did you have support, or did you carry it alone? There was some support, but I felt I was still alone.
⁛What helped you get through — or are you still in it? It never goes away, even though it was many years ago.
⁛And when you imagine “morning,” what does that actually mean for you? No more fear.  No more wondering if it will be okay, because it IS okay.

User Profile: daydreammemories
daydreammemories OP January 21st

@thoughtfulmomma

Fear of losing a life.. thats deep. Thats a pain noone should have to go through💚

I believe some memories or pains never go away, they just get in the background of everything else happening. And it makes sense. It does take a lot of strength to let yourself know it's okay. I'm very glad you did that💚

load more
User Profile: PressContinue
PressContinue December 26th, 2025

@daydreammemories

What has been the longest night of your life? 

The longest night of my life was a night when I began wondering why good things happen to bad people and why bad things happen to good. Wondering why everything I'd gone through had happeed to me, why I couldn't stop it. 

What made it feel endless?

The thing that made it feel so endless was the fact that every thought that popped into my head brought with it the feeling that I had dwelled on it for hours, but when I glanced at the clock I realized I had only been lost in my head for ten minutes. It was a cycle of thoughts popping into my head, thinking, looking at the clock, and being constantly disappointed. 

Did you have support, or did you carry it alone?

I carried it alone, but I think at that point in my life even if I'd had someone I never would have reached out. I was a very solitary soul, bent on repeating self destructive behaviors instead of reaching out. I have since learned that reaching out is one of the best things to do, because you can't always keep things to yourself, and you can't carry the weight of the world on your own. 

What helped you get through - or are you still in it?

A lot of things helped me get through. Friends, family, making mistakes I soon realized were my responsibility to fix. I think a lot of what helped me get through it was growing up and maturing. If I had never had the maturity to realize I needed help, I never would have helped myself, and therefore, never would have ended the night that felt so long. 

And when you imagine “morning,” what does that actually mean for you?

Actually, imagining morning, I think of tomorrow, kind of like a word association game. And the word 'tomorrow' always makes me think about this verse from the song Tomorrow, from the musical Annie. The verse:

The sun'll come out, Tomorrow, So ya gotta hang on, 'Til tomorrow, Come what may, Tomorrow! Tomorrow!, I love ya Tomorrow!. You're only, A day, A way!

User Profile: daydreammemories
daydreammemories OP January 21st

@PressContinue

It reminded me of what Ross said in friends. Why do bad things happen to good people? Indeed, that's a thought thats been in my head too💚

I think at some point in our lives, we prefer to handle the problems silently and thats okay. But remembering that it's not you're fault bad things happen to you, and you can reach out for help anytime you want helps a lot as well. 

It might feel endless, that cycle of running around and getting nowhere in your thoughts. But tomorrow is always that breaking point. It's a good visualization💚

I'm very glad you took the time to share with us. Rooting for you!

load more
User Profile: Positron2
Positron2 December 26th, 2025

What has been the longest night of your life?
Moving / Running away from home. One day I reached the limit of my stress and just took off in my car. I drove 800 miles away and ran out of gas. No plan. No money. Just GO! So I guess I live here now.

What made it feel endless?
I felt like I was walking the tightrope without a net. I had the Sword of Damocles over my head, waiting for me to screw up. One random emergency and 'Game Over Man'.

Did you have support, or did you carry it alone?
I was alone, except for my psych doctor and therapist.

What helped you get through — or are you still in it?
The realization that I must being doing Okay, because I'm still here, despite the predictions of haters. Times may still be tough, but I've survived worse. No use getting upset, I have done harder things before.

⁛And when you imagine “morning,” what does that actually mean for you?

An Odd thing, I am a computer artist. One day I was organizing my old files. I noticed that during the hardest, rotten, depressed times, my creativity dropped to Zero. There was like a 3 year gap with very few files. That was a moment when I realized I must have just woken up.
I guess 'Morning' means to me:

'What's behind me is not important. What can I do today to make tomorrow better?'

Hope

User Profile: daydreammemories
daydreammemories OP January 21st

@Positron2

You've certainly done a brave move! 😄 moving away from everything takes a whole lot of courage! I'm very proud of you💚

I admire your consistency and strength. And not giving up on yourself. I'm very sorry you were alone and had to take these by yourself though. 

Actually your POV is very interesting. I think when our mind is on fight and flight, it doesn't have much room for creativity. And realizing that aside, you acted on it and used this to improve. Wow! 

Rooting for you💚

load more
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 December 27th, 2025

@daydreammemories

What a thoughtfully beautiful, expressive and we'll written piece, creating a safe space for people to share 💚 thank you for facilitating this!

thank-you-thanks.gif

User Profile: daydreammemories
daydreammemories OP January 21st

@Amanda84

Thank you so so much Amanda! I really appreciate the compliment. Love seeing you around the forums💚

User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 January 21st

@daydreammemories

So nice of you to say 💚🤗

load more
load more
User Profile: stormieandpaws
stormieandpaws December 27th, 2025

@daydreammemories

want to add a trigger warning to our answers


⁛What has been the longest night of your life?

the longest night of our life started within the day time was the time we was first gang raped by 3  boys 2 of them being our brothers the other close friend of their just seemed endless and even within the sleeping due to something they gave us we had  go going  nightmares about that still do
⁛What made it feel endless?

the unknown of what was going to happen after that rape and knowing mom did not care or listen to us so no were to turn for help in our child mind as we was only 7yr
⁛Did you have support, or did you carry it alone?

we was alone in the horror of it mom did not even make sure we was ok after the boys day before told her we was sleeping due to we was sick so she left us in it many times alone to try to deal with the sexual abuse by them this was only beginning of the rapes we never had support 
⁛What helped you get through — or are you still in it?

we think our faith helped us to keep going within the  abuse of many types we still dealing with it in flashbacks and other ways what helps us now is online support and little offline support 
⁛
And when you imagine “morning,” what does that actually mean for you?

we think in away we in the early morning as we free of the daily abuse we already did a lot of  healing work we found support from caring people most who have lots of trauma too so as we walk more on our healing journey  we feel things will get brighter and brighter 


User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 December 27th, 2025

@stormieandpaws


i-love-you-love-you.gif

User Profile: stormieandpaws
stormieandpaws December 30th, 2025

@Amanda84

thank you 

load more
User Profile: curiousbookishness
curiousbookishness December 27th, 2025

@stormieandpaws
hi Stormie💖
I can never ever imagine the things you went through when you were just a 7 year old little sweet baby, who should have been cuddled and looked after.
Thank you for sharing this. The strength and courage it took to survive such pain is truly inspiring. Healing is not easy, and it’s okay that some days are harder than others. There is hope in every step forward, and the care and support found along the way can bring light even after the darkest times.
I wish you the happiest of life💖

User Profile: stormieandpaws
stormieandpaws December 30th, 2025

@curiousbookishness

thank you for the support we healed a lot this new  layer of healing work is now that the emotions are added to the trauma  that we can step forward in allowing self to feel and not run from the feelings as we did when young not to block them out either but to face them feel them and  deal with a deeper layer of healing 

think why this coming up is that we not around our abusers any more so maybe it due to being safe now


User Profile: curiousbookishness
curiousbookishness December 30th, 2025

@stormieandpaws
That's correct, and hey i cannot say you can forget those awful times of your life, and i dont have any personal experience with such awful events, but do take good care of yourself and live your life to the fullest.🥰

User Profile: stormieandpaws
stormieandpaws December 30th, 2025

@curiousbookishness

thank you over time and by doing healing work the memories  get better they not effected you in same way as they did at first you become able  to use the past to walk along side others in their  healing journey no you never for get but the things of the past can lose the hold over you as you heal

we believe any   trauma  is the same as far as the person feel the emotional and physical  pain we  can not compare  each other trauma  there no greater and lesser to us as it all trauma  each person deal with trauma  in different  ways too we learned to heal overcome the things of thr past by facing them as if they were giant  in the way using tools to defeat  them and hold over us yes we still healing but the stuff effects us a lot less  then in beginning of our healing journey too it like peeling away layers 

User Profile: curiousbookishness
curiousbookishness December 31st, 2025

@stormieandpaws
I am very happy for you.sweet and kind people like you deserve's the best of the best🥰

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: daydreammemories
daydreammemories OP January 21st

@curiousbookishness

I second this! Thank you for being so supportive and understanding  💚

User Profile: stormieandpaws
stormieandpaws January 22nd

@curiousbookishness

thank you some things we still unable to put into words  but we on our healing journey have been for some time now but now we able to heal more as we safe away from the abuse

trigger warning

the one who did a lot of this to us was oldest brother he the one that was  murdered  first part of this month it hard due to he was our brother but in away relieved he no longer here if that make since  thank you for your support and caring :)

load more
User Profile: daydreammemories
daydreammemories OP January 21st

@stormieandpaws

Trigger warning

This breaks my heart, stormie. You certainly did not deserve to go through anyyyy of these. It's very unfair how those boys and your mom acted. Neglecting your emotions or even basic rights to deny or saying no.

I want to say this again, that this is NOT your fault at all💚 I'm so glad of how much progress you've made. And am very proud of you. You deserved support in that time, and you do so now as well. So if there's anything i can do to help, let me know💚

User Profile: stormieandpaws
stormieandpaws January 22nd

@daydreammemories

thank you so many already helping here by just listening  and caring therapist  offline wants us to try a different  type of  therapy' she told us it not same as was years ago ask us to think about it we forgot what it called but it for trauma  and she said she used it for anxiety  too

so we see as she going to talk to us more about this and well do things before hand like more teaching on mindfulness we unsure but think willing to try something new hard part for us is trusting her we need to be more trusting she got get we mask a lot 

load more
load more
User Profile: BlueDarkAurora
BlueDarkAurora December 27th, 2025

@daydreammemories so beautifully written 💖 

User Profile: daydreammemories
daydreammemories OP January 21st

@BlueDarkAurora

Thanks a lot for the compliment Aurora💚

User Profile: BlueDarkAurora
BlueDarkAurora January 22nd

@daydreammemories you're welcome 💜💗💚

load more
load more
User Profile: TowardsTheR8Intent
TowardsTheR8Intent December 27th, 2025
Hey @daydreammemories! This post is Beautiful 🦋. You're also like Yalda 
User Profile: daydreammemories
daydreammemories OP January 21st

@TowardsTheR8Intent

Thank you! And thanks again? How am i like yalda haha

User Profile: TowardsTheR8Intent
TowardsTheR8Intent January 22nd

@daydreammemories you're welcome. 


Well, it has so many similarities with you, you are also the symbol of light over darkness and hope over hardship. 

Yalda is a celebration and you're nothing short of that in the hearts of the people that you love or who loves. 

Just like Yalda you bring people close, not only to each other but to their inner self. And you ignite the belief by providing your compassionate support. 

The list is long of your goodness like the long nights of Yalda. Each moment is an emotional experience and words can't describe it fully. 


Taka cares our own YALDA 🌸💐

User Profile: daydreammemories
daydreammemories OP January 22nd

@TowardsTheR8Intent

Oh wow. Did not see that coming. I really appreciate it💚😄

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: HappySpecter
HappySpecter December 27th, 2025

@daydreammemories

My longest night has easily been the last year and a half. Back in July of 2024, I was separated from my children. I still get to talk to them regularly, but I miss being as big of a part of their lives as I was before I left. Being without them has been enough of a struggle, but I have also spent this night healing from old trauma and dealing with new traumas. It has felt, at times, like nothing would ever get better.

I am so happy to have had support! Friends have rallied around me as a new family, and even online communities (like this amazing corner of the internet 💖) have made my night brighter! I can see the cobwebs clearing now, and I think I might even see what the end of this darkness could look like! I don't know that this would've been possible without the support of others...😥

I think morning will look like me finally taking ownership of my own life. I mean, I've done that to some extent, but I want to be able to build a life for me (and my kids) with my own hands. That'll take time, I know, but I think it's more within reach than ever before! In the words of Jake the Dog: "As long as I know the shape of my soul, I'll be alright."

User Profile: curiousbookishness
curiousbookishness December 28th, 2025

@HappySpecter
hi dear🥰
What you’ve been carrying sounds so heavy, and the love you have for your children comes through so clearly. The fact that you’ve kept going, healing old wounds while facing new ones, says so much about your strength. I’m really glad you’ve found support — from friends and from spaces like this — because no one is meant to walk a night like that alone.🙃

User Profile: daydreammemories
daydreammemories OP January 21st

@curiousbookishness

Indeed! And we have a family here too :p

load more
User Profile: daydreammemories
daydreammemories OP January 21st

@HappySpecter

This sounds very sad and isolating. I'm so sorry that you haven't been able to communicate more or be involved more in their lives. That can definitely mess with our peace of mind💚

That alongside with traumas, thats so much to deal with. And seeing you made progress makes me so happy. It makes me happy you had support and a new family, and that the fog in front of your path is starting to get clearer, even a tiny bit. Rooting for you, best of lucks navigating this journey💚

load more
User Profile: cinnamoncal
cinnamoncal January 23rd

@daydreammemories

What has been the longest night of your life?

January 4th, 2025, 11:30pm. That night changed my life forever. I lost the man I thought I was going to marry. I didn't sleep. I tossed and turned. I got up early the next morning and went for a run in the bleak midwinter. It was an on again and off again relationship after that up until September. It was not a good point in my life.

What made it feel endless?

The fact that it didn't end. At least not right away. This man came back to haunt me over and over again, carrying with him a reminder of what I'd lost as well as some additional trauma. Even after the initial breakup, he never truly left me alone.

Did you have support, or did you carry it alone?

I had the support of my wonderful friends and family. I could not have done it without them. I also saw a therapist in the midst of it that allowed me to vent when I needed it.

What helped you get through — or are you still in it?

"And if history's clear, the flames always end up in ashes. And what seemed like fate, give it ten months and you'll be past it."

September 8th, 2025, 12:30am. I finally blocked this person. I finally stopped letting them have control over me. I finally accepted that it was over. And for once, I knew it was for the best.

And when you imagine “morning,” what does that actually mean for you?

Morning arrived beautifully on September 9th, 2025. I met the man of my dreams and the man I am going to marry this year. Looking back now, I wish I could go back and tell that girl in January that she will be okay. She will get through it. Morning is coming, my darling.

User Profile: jonesnatelye
jonesnatelye September 18th

@cinnamoncalIt is beautiful to look back on a painful period and realize you have made it through. Drift Boss evokes a similar feeling—finally breaking past a limit that once seemed impossible. What helped you get through your toughest times?

load more