Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

hat's a comfort food from your country that always makes you feel better?

User Profile: ClaraField
ClaraField June 8th

Hey everyone! I am a listener currently living in Serbia but originally from Brazil. One thing I love is learning about different cultures. So here's my question: what's a dish or drink from your home country that you turn to on a tough day? In Brazil, it's a warm bowl of caldo de cana with pastel for me. What about you? 🌍🍲

 

70
User Profile: ScottYhePhoenix
ScottYhePhoenix June 10th

@ClaraField I’m American, and my comfort food is ice cream 😊

User Profile: TovaCares76
TovaCares76 June 12th

Flavor??

User Profile: trueconfidant123
trueconfidant123 August 3rd

@ScottYhePhoenix

Mango ice-cream is love for me. How about you?

load more
User Profile: fossilfellow
fossilfellow June 10th

@ClaraField My comfort food is chicken lolipop with rice and curd ❤️

User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 June 11th

@fossilfellow

💛

load more
User Profile: KiraKitsune
KiraKitsune June 11th

I am "canadian" if were using labels. My lineage? Ukrane,Russian,Irish and Scottish

I grew up not knowing i was or my russian heritage. Ukraine dna donor.

So, i took our peoples perogies and put and irish twist on them.

"Perogie nachos" i call them

Perogies with meat + veggies + cheese layred up like "nachos"

User Profile: TovaCares76
TovaCares76 June 12th

You need to be specific on how you make this I looooove perogies.

load more
User Profile: TovaCares76
TovaCares76 June 11th

Chicken divan and rice. It is a casserole we make here with chicken, broccoli, and cheese in a creamy yellow curry sauce. It's delicious and fattening and comforting. My Grandpa had the best recipe.

User Profile: empathicRyuk62
empathicRyuk62 June 25th

@ClaraField For us it's like Sugarcane juice, or Mango juice , or Sattu too

User Profile: blueNest9298
blueNest9298 July 5th

cholent

User Profile: Rhiannon65
Rhiannon65 July 6th

Homemade macaroni and cheese 😋😋

Ooooh me too hehe!

load more
User Profile: sanga153
sanga153 July 6th

Hello

User Profile: trueconfidant123
trueconfidant123 August 3rd

@sanga153

bN2l1p4d.gif

load more
User Profile: auditjay77
auditjay77 July 6th

@ClaraField

Hello! I'm a listener too, born and raised in the States but my parents are Indian immigrants. For me, it's usually either pongal, upma, or chipotle!

User Profile: easyScarf7950
easyScarf7950 August 16th

@auditjay77

I love Chipotle! The one thing I miss about working there were the free meals. What is your usual order? I like to get 2 crunchy tacos and 2 mini quesadillas and wrap the quesadillas around the tacos. It's too expensive for me now, so it's a rare treat.

User Profile: auditjay77
auditjay77 August 20th

@easyScarf7950

That sounds really good! Despite having so many options, I usually go for something simple: a burrito with brown rice, chicken, cheese, and lettuce. I'm not sure what it's called but I also get this watermelon lime sort of drink, it tastes awesome.

load more
load more

@ClaraField

Great Question Clara! I'm from the UK and for me it's a really good warm Sunday Roast with lots of gravy and roast potatoes!☺️