Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Are you holding onto something you need to let go of?

User Profile: Laura
Laura August 11th, 2016

What is it? And why do you need to let it go?

143
User Profile: barncat
barncat June 15th, 2021

Heavens, I need to let go of the past- all the wonderful feelings of strength and confidence that I had several decades ago. Need to learn to accept that today is the time I have- and find purpose for today and the future.

User Profile: tornwillow
tornwillow June 28th, 2021

Im holding on to what perhaps never even existed I am clingying, even if only slightly, to what became everything I lost.

User Profile: kingkierantyler
kingkierantyler July 19th, 2021

i’m holding on to my ex fiancé who cheated on me and hit me four times but i always go back and i love them so much. we were together for three years. it was all toxic and traumatic and i told them my bpd was getting worse and they told me they would help me no matter what, then couldn’t handle it anymore.

User Profile: barncat
barncat July 19th, 2021

Holding onto grief and loss.

User Profile: affableStrings4654
affableStrings4654 January 20th, 2022

How my mom wasn't there for me in the way that i needed her, and was actively harmful to me. She will never apologize for anything she's done. I need to let go of the idea that she should, and all the ways that the hurt is currently holding me back from living the way i want to now that I am free.


I need to embrace the choices that I have, and allow myself to think that it's possible to be happy. I'm not selfish for wanting a better life.

User Profile: babydino69
babydino69 February 16th, 2022

@Laura

An online best friend who i've been in love with for a few years.

I needa let go because he has a gf and its mentally taking a toll on me from crying abt it so much.

User Profile: Loveyourfate
Loveyourfate February 25th, 2022

I need to look go of anger, resentment, and hurt, my mom passed away about 5 years ago. And I'm just starting to deal with how she used to treat me. And it's bringing up a whole bunch of emotions.

load more
User Profile: barncat
barncat February 17th, 2022

Need to let go of the resentment, anger and disappointment I feel towards my partner. No way can we move on either in separate lives or reconcile without shedding these feelings.

User Profile: barncat
barncat February 20th, 2022

Need to let go of the relationship that is/was an illusion. He honestly cannot commit emotionally due to his upbringing, and then add substance abuse on top of it. Unless he decides to work on himself, then the marriage is all one sided. It helps to put these thoughts down. Everything I have been reading about relationships and substance abuse validates my perception. It isnt just me being angry, resentful and disappointed for years - those are the responses to an uneven marriage.