Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Is today a hard day? Let us know & we'll give you extra support today

User Profile: Laura
Laura May 30th, 2017

Let us know & we will support you!

334
User Profile: Denise2992
Denise2992 July 25th, 2017

I feel like such a failure today. I tried my best to get out of my comfort zone at work because I know these are the skills I need to build to move forward. Everything turned out so badly and people are upset at me. I can't seem to stop thinking about it and I just want to sleep but I can't

User Profile: PvSaiSomu
PvSaiSomu July 25th, 2017

Remember buddy, you had a challenge today. And you will be having challenges ahead too. Worrying now will only make things more worse for tomorrow, just bury all the things which have happened today. Have a fresh start tomorrow, and tomorrow will be yours. Have a good nap, and everything will be alright. :) @Denise2992

User Profile: Denise2992
Denise2992 July 25th, 2017

@PvSaiSomu thanks for your kind words. I just feel exhausted of trying and I struggle to find the motivation to get out of bed everyday. Half my daily energy is spent on getting myself up and the rest of the day I just can't wait for it to be over

User Profile: PvSaiSomu
PvSaiSomu July 25th, 2017

That happens because you don't sleep with a positive mindset. Try sleeping being completely happy and you will automatically wake up with a motivation. How you sleep affects how you wake up too, and how you wake up affects your complete day. So, be happy, sleep tight, and get sweet dreams, and have great days ahead. @Denise2992

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: CayotiCorn149
CayotiCorn149 July 25th, 2017

@Laura have you ever just felt like you have no friends and that you are just alone? well thats me right nowindecision

User Profile: artist23
artist23 July 25th, 2017

@CayotiCorn149

Hey, you're not alone. A lot of people love you and we're here for you <3 *hugs*

User Profile: PvSaiSomu
PvSaiSomu July 25th, 2017

That is wrong. World is a small place, we all might have few differences but at the end of the day, we all are there for each other. Don't worry, m your friend too. :) @CayotiCorn149

load more
User Profile: PvSaiSomu
PvSaiSomu July 25th, 2017

I have really loved being in this 7cups. I am just done my day 1, and I have helped for around 4 people. Feeling extremely happy. :)

User Profile: Iceysealady2424
Iceysealady2424 July 25th, 2017

@PvSaiSomu Good ive been on here all day

User Profile: tjb28
tjb28 July 25th, 2017

@PvSaiSomu enjoy. It's great to support others and good for self care

load more
User Profile: Sammie1997
Sammie1997 July 25th, 2017

I self harmed last night and i regret it but also want to do it again. Im so tired of dealing with this cycle

User Profile: PvSaiSomu
PvSaiSomu July 25th, 2017

Self harming is pointless and the worst thing ever. There is no point in harming yourself by the problems caused by the external factors. Probelms come from out, they need to get solved. They might be tough, but it has a way. Never repeat it again, if you want any help or suggestion, we are always there for you. Be positive, and positive things will happen. Be negative, and negative things will happen. So be positive, and be happy. :) @Sammie1997

User Profile: Sammie1997
Sammie1997 July 25th, 2017

@PvSaiSomu

so im a bad person because of my addiction that i cant fully control all the time? Its really hard sometimes and it hurts a little when you said that. Maybe more comforting words would be more helpful than telling people what they are doing or thinking is wrong. Im not trying to be rude or anything at all, im just letting you know how what you said came across.

User Profile: PvSaiSomu
PvSaiSomu July 25th, 2017

Dear, I am sorry that you have felt such, but I haven't intended it. Don't thik otherwise, but be positive. Try to look from a good perspective. Harming yourself will never solve your problems, it will just make things more bad. So, why to harm? That too when you have got mentors over here. You have many people who can help you out right? So, don't be sad. Life is short, be happy and enjoy it dear :) @Sammie1997

load more
User Profile: gonzo6
gonzo6 July 25th, 2017

@PvSaiSomu the feedback you're giving is coming from a good place, however, self-harm is not something that can be changed that easily. It's a serious behavior that often takes the place of positive coping mechansims-- and self-harming is commonly associated with several mental health conditions that require treatment and help from a mental health professional. You can learn more about self-harm here.

load more
User Profile: gonzo6
gonzo6 July 25th, 2017

@Sammie1997 i'm so sorry that you're going through this. Have you ever seen a mental health professional to help you with self-harm? My sister self-harmed for years and for her, DBT (dialectical behavior therapy) really helped her replace the self-harming behaviors with positive coping mechanisms. Either way, I'm here for you heart

User Profile: Sammie1997
Sammie1997 July 25th, 2017

@gonzo6

thanks for the encouragement :) I am seeing a Counselor for a multitude of mental health issues.

User Profile: Kate
Kate July 25th, 2017

@Sammie1997 You're definitely not a bad person for sometimes giving into an addiction. It's a hard path and a struggle every day. I'm glad you're seeing a counselor and working to stay strong. Sending good thoughts and strength your way.

User Profile: Kate
Kate July 26th, 2017

@Sammie1997 Hey Sammie! Just following up and checking in on how today went. Hope it was a better day. heart

load more
load more
User Profile: prairierose9599
prairierose9599 July 25th, 2017

@Sammie1997 Hey just wanted to reiterate that the response from Pv, though well meaning, is very flawed. Try not to let it get to you, people who don't understand really think they're helping and they do not know how the misunderstanding can hurt.

Someone who self harms should never be told to "just stop", "it won't solve your problems" or "think positive".

It is something you do to relieve whatever it is you might be feeling, and it works - temporarily. Because it serves it purpose, it is beyond difficult to "just stop". You need to replace the harmful behavior with a positive one, there are many techniques, none are easy. They require hard work. Don't beat yourself up over one setback, just keep trying.

Things that can help instead of self harm - yes, you may have to force yourself, but it does get easier. The first few times are usally the hardest.

- Wait 5 minutes. Do SOMETHING else.

- Talk to someone, not nessisarily about self harm or how you're feeling. Just talk.

- Go for a walk.

The point being, you basically have to train yourself and restructure the default response in your brain - by replacing it with something else.

Best of luck, you can message me too, I myself have have struggled and still do.

User Profile: prairierose9599
prairierose9599 July 25th, 2017

@pvsaisomu

User Profile: Kate
Kate July 25th, 2017

@prairierose9599 GREAT response and positive suggestions. Thanks for this post.

load more
User Profile: HungryAlpaca
HungryAlpaca July 26th, 2017

@Sammie1997 Hey Sammie. I can definitely relate. I've had challenges with self-injury for six or so years, and it's been full of highs and lows. The cycle is definitely hard to break, but it's not impossible.

First, you are not a bad person for what you have done. There is nothing "wrong" or "twisted" about you for trying to cope with your feelings. Post-injury guilt is odd in that it can be both a positive and a negative motivator. The positive of course is that when you feel the urge to harm yourself again, you can remind yourself that you don't like to have the guilt that comes with it, which may make it a little easier to resist the urge when it comes. Guilt, I have found, is often my reminder that although I have been dependent on self harm as a coping mechanism, there are much better ways I can feel better (I know it's not always easy to see that). The negetive, of course, is that the guilt compiles on the negetive feelings that motivated the self harm in the first place, and I end of feeling even worse. My process for dealing with this is to usually to take a moment, understand what is done is done, and that guilt can only hurt me more. I don't need to feel guilty, I just need to move forward. I then make sure that I take care of my first-aid needs, which is important both for physical health and for helping me confront the guilt I feel. Take really good care of those injuries-- the last thing you need is an infection or any other kinds of complications. Don't be afraid to get medical assistance if needed-- I've been pleasantly suprised at how kind doctors are about helping people who have self-injured. I actually had a nurse at the hospital say, "We'll take care of you, I've been there too." Getting psychiatric help is wonderful too; it's much easier to not feel as though you have to shoulder this alone.

I've used this masterlist of alternatives many times. Working through self-injurous thoughts is really tough, but I believe that you can get there. You'll encounter ups and downs, but the key is reminding yourself that you are a work in progress. It's okay to make mistakes. It's okay to feel unsure of yourself. Just keep on going heart

User Profile: Sammie1997
Sammie1997 July 26th, 2017

@HungryAlpaca thanks for that. Its so comforting to talk to people who understand and have helpful/encouraging words. Im pleasantly surprised how encouraging the people of 7 cups are

User Profile: Kate
Kate July 26th, 2017

@HungryAlpaca You're awesome Alpaca! Great post. smiley

load more
User Profile: bumblezebra22203
bumblezebra22203 July 27th, 2017

@Sammie1997 No one blames you for self harming. It's a coping mechanism. I hope you are able to find other ways of coping. Please call a crisis line if you feel like self-harming again.

800-273-8255

Sending you lots of love and strength!

load more
July 25th, 2017

My mom left for rehab today and i feel alone.

User Profile: veryrach
veryrach July 25th, 2017

@catalienubbins1 I hate feeling alone. At least you know she will be back and be stronger when she does come back

User Profile: Subaru13
Subaru13 July 27th, 2017

@catalienubbins1 I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully she'll get help while she's away and come back to you better and even stronger.

load more
User Profile: veryrach
veryrach July 25th, 2017

My job sucks today!! I hate it. I have nothing to do and no one needs me. I've already cried about it twice & that doesn't help. I feel so lost when I think about what job I might actually enjoy

User Profile: Kate
Kate July 25th, 2017

@veryrach Sorry you're having such a tough day with your work. It's scary and overwhelming to think about the future when you're unsure of where you want to go.

load more
July 25th, 2017

Today is hard. Yesterday was hard. This week was not a good one. First joint lock up happened a few days ago due to hyperventilating I am so scared this will happen again. I can barely get out of bed without my heart pounding. I have bad anxiety and I have class tonight. The pit in my stomach will not go away. Every time I think about breathing I feel like I can't breathe. I just want to be me again. I feel like I'm fighting a battle I keep losing.

User Profile: dance1995
dance1995 July 25th, 2017

@Wwart728 I'm so sorry you are feeling this way! Are you in treatment or seeking treatment? I always find that talking to someone helps me feel better when I am feeling that anxious and in my exerpience therapy has provided me with a lot of tools to help cope with those feelings of intense anxiety. Regardless, I am glad you reached out here and we are all here for you! Try and remember that it always gets better. You won't feel that way forever, even if it seems that way sometimes.

July 25th, 2017

@dance1995

Thank you for your reply! I am new here and even typing the feelings is hard. I am not currently in therapy although I have been. Once. I did not have a good experience most likely because she did not think I had an issue and the session turned into her talking about her children. After that I found it hard to reach out. I am a very private person and I fear any social situations. I've become somewhat of an agoraphobic. I was raised by my grandmother who also had a hard battle with agoraphobia which never went away she had it until she passed. I have school tonight and I am not sure I can go. Last time I went I forced myself because I had an exam I had to choke down my feelings with all 60 questions I felt like I was going to drop about 5 questions in by the time it was over I was so nauseous I had to leave. Thank you again for your reply. I have been scrolling though this site all day and the amount of support here is amazing.

load more
load more
User Profile: fearlessZebra1049
fearlessZebra1049 July 25th, 2017

@Laura Confused about my relationship. Should I finish moving out and leave for good or risk it and keep trying to be a family with my boyfriend and my 3 year old? Do I keep letting my daughter see how upset I am when he can't control his emotions? I'm scared to tell anyone about the fight we had this weekend. We are okay now but what about tomorrow? or next week or next month?...

User Profile: veryrach
veryrach July 25th, 2017

@fearlessZebra1049 you've already started moving out.. you can finish! If that's what you want to do. You deserve to be happy and give your child the best of YOU.

User Profile: fearlessZebra1049
fearlessZebra1049 July 25th, 2017

@veryrach thank you for the support. Easier said than done though. I've tried leaving so many times. He always stops me or I stop myself out of guilt. I've just run away from all my other past relationships and I don't want to repeat the same mistakes by just bailing when things get hard. Like, where do I draw the line? I want to provide some stability for my daughter but I also want to teach her to fight for what she wants.

load more
load more
User Profile: sensitiveShade5337
sensitiveShade5337 July 25th, 2017

Today yes it is a hard day.. It's another day of trying to manage my emotions.. I wish I had some support about that..but no one can really do something about it. I'm gonna get blocked right away..

User Profile: Kate
Kate July 25th, 2017

@sensitiveShade5337 I'm so sorry that you're going through a rough day. Why do you think you'll get blocked right away?

User Profile: sensitiveShade5337
sensitiveShade5337 July 25th, 2017

@lovelyllama13

bc the listeners I connect mostly block me or leave me bc they can't handle my frustration and my behavior I guess..

load more
load more
User Profile: Blackkitty
Blackkitty July 25th, 2017

i feel like im drowning..nobody would even notice if i die things are just getting harder and harder and i can't handle it,today is a bad day it is hard to breath

User Profile: brightField7213
brightField7213 July 25th, 2017

@Blackkitty

what do you do with days like this how do you deal, how do you prepare yourself for tomorrow....if you don't mind me asking?

User Profile: PvSaiSomu
PvSaiSomu July 25th, 2017

If I would have been in your place, I would have sat, closed my eyes, and dumped all of my past right there. And yes, it is possible. You can just do that in a moment. And I would start a fresh beginning the next day ^_^ @brightField7213

User Profile: Blackkitty
Blackkitty July 25th, 2017

@brightField7213

I just sit and talk to nobody and try to keep myself away from anything that would stress me..music help me too

load more
User Profile: PvSaiSomu
PvSaiSomu July 25th, 2017

Oh dear, you seem very very depressed. But realize one thing, this is just a phase of your life. Good time always follows the bad times. Just wait, relax, be patient. And always think good. Have stregth. You are having us, you are having me. Life is a much bigger thing. ANd happiness is a choice. Once if you change your mindset, I can guarantee that you will instantly start feeling better. All the best. :D @Blackkitty

User Profile: Blackkitty
Blackkitty July 26th, 2017

@PvSaiSomu im just tired of that phase my happines is not my choice My happines is like a high tempreture that will just booom everytime i try to be happy something bad happen im afraid of being happy im afraid of living im lonely

load more
User Profile: HEARTSNCROSSES
HEARTSNCROSSES July 25th, 2017

Hey look days will be tough that is a fact of life. Remember that your life is beautiful though you may not see it now, it is. Take everyday one day at a time. And know that you are loved and cared for @Blackkitty

User Profile: Blackkitty
Blackkitty July 26th, 2017

@HEARTSNCROSSES thankyou but i think im not loved and cared anymore and i think.im not gonna be happy again..im broken i tried to fix mysekf but i can't i just want to die

User Profile: ChillKoala
ChillKoala July 26th, 2017

@Blackkitty it's certainly extremely difficult to feel that way and deal with it especially when you feel alone. But know you are not alone, we're here for you on 7 cups. Perhaps you should talk to a listener here? There's lots of listeners out there with plenty of experience with depression and anything else that might be bothering you. Whatever works for you ♡

load more
load more
load more