Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Cheri’s Connection Corner - Emotional Eating

User Profile: SunShineAlwaysGrateful
SunShineAlwaysGrateful October 19th, 2023

Good day beautiful Cupsers!! 🙌🙌🙌🙌

Emotional eating is often a challenge. It happens when stressful events we tend to seek food for comfort. Often the foods are high in sugar and fat junk type foods. 

Personally I have been that that an emotional eater and eating when bored or just mindlessly eating while watching a show … for me the best way to curb that is actually track my food and see how I am doing. It has made a huge difference. 

Are you an emotional eater? Do you eat more when stressed, bored or full? 

Are there ways to improve to switch up to other type of activities when stressed? 

If you track your food what app do you use?

img-5151_1697720290.jpeg 


12
User Profile: toughTiger6481
toughTiger6481 October 19th, 2023

@SunShineAlwaysGrateful

Tracking intake really helps squash the urge to emotional eat as logging a binge becomes really apparent.   i use the log on the app for a fit bit has a huge library of restaurant food and different brands etc making it easy to get a correct count  

User Profile: SunShineAlwaysGrateful
SunShineAlwaysGrateful OP October 30th, 2023

Yes I agree tracking is the key 🔑 perfect app love it too

load more
User Profile: amiableSalamander17
amiableSalamander17 October 23rd, 2023

@SunShineAlwaysGrateful

Are you an emotional eater? Do you eat more when stressed, bored or full? 


I can easily eat because of emotions. I eat more when bored and stressed.


Are there ways to improve to switch up to other type of activities when stressed? 


I reign in my eating because of my exercise routine. I will feel poorly during my workout if eating too much. I will also lose my results by eating too much or poorly. Having other stuff to do can help. I eat smaller snacks off and on to quench hunger. 

User Profile: SunShineAlwaysGrateful
SunShineAlwaysGrateful OP October 30th, 2023

Exercise is great and correct being too full makes it uncomfortable. Other activities that doesn’t involve food a great idea. 💡

load more
User Profile: PoliteOcean
PoliteOcean October 25th, 2023

@SunShineAlwaysGrateful


⭐Are you an emotional eater?... Do you eat more when stressed, bored or full?... I don't know if I'm an "emotional" eater persay, but I'm sure "emotions" also play into "being and feeling bored" at times. Therefore, when I'm feeling bored, I do find I tend to think about food more. 


⭐Are there ways to improve to switch up to other type of activities when stressed?... I think we can always find a way to "switch" up what we do when we are feeling stressed, bored, or full of whatever emotion allows us to reach for food if we aren't really hungry....(We can drink more water as perhaps we are a little dehydrated which makes us "think" we are hungry when we are not!...brush our teeth, go for a walk or get out of the house to get our mind on something else, do a workout instead to help regulate the hormones that bring on Stress/Depression/Boredom etc....etc..


⭐If you track your food what app do you use?....I've tried and have used different/various apps. However I always stick with WW as I find it to be the best one for me personally.

User Profile: SunShineAlwaysGrateful
SunShineAlwaysGrateful OP October 30th, 2023

Water 💦 is a go to of mine as well. I am a WW member love Connect but I use the Lose It app I prefer tracking carbs on there as opposed to points. Boredom is a factor in mindless snacking for sure definitely agree. 👍

load more
User Profile: PreciousReflections
PreciousReflections October 26th, 2023

@SunShineAlwaysGrateful

Are you an emotional eater? Do you eat more when stressed, bored or full? 

Yes, I have been known to emotional-eat. I tend to eat more when stressed or bored. 

Are there ways to improve to switch up to other type of activities when stressed? 

If I can focus on a hobby, call or talk to a friend or 7cup listener, or get some exercise, this usually helps to distract me from overeating. I am sure there are some other techniques as well to get the brain away from thinking about food. 

If you track your food what app do you use?

I just started using the free version of myfitnesspal app to track my food. It's only been a few days, but so far so good. I am really hoping that tracking my food intake will finally help me to lose some weight. 

Thanks for the great topic, take care. 

User Profile: SunShineAlwaysGrateful
SunShineAlwaysGrateful OP October 30th, 2023

Great app and you are so correct find other things that doesn’t involve food to keep you occupied great tip. 💕

load more
User Profile: energeticAvocado1598
energeticAvocado1598 October 28th, 2023

@SunShineAlwaysGrateful I like FitBit - you can scan barcodes and make lists of frequent foods to help the tracking go easier. Try adding cinnamon or turmeric to your foods and drinks - I find that helps to curb my appetite, along with drinking lots of water. Limiting availability of foods also helps - I try to stock my pantry with things that require cooking so I literally can't snack unless I put effort into it, and by the time I'm done cooking, I often don't want to eat anymore.

User Profile: SunShineAlwaysGrateful
SunShineAlwaysGrateful OP October 30th, 2023

Limiting food that you have available is great . now have my son in university so less snack foods around! I love the idea of cinnamon going to give that a go… thanks.

load more
User Profile: Kristynsmama
Kristynsmama October 28th, 2023

This is great information about the emotional eating cycle!

User Profile: SunShineAlwaysGrateful
SunShineAlwaysGrateful OP October 30th, 2023

Thank You

load more