Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Wellness Wednesday~ 1/10/24 (Wellness In the New Year: Open Discussion)

User Profile: PoliteOcean
PoliteOcean January 10th, 2024

HEY EVERYONE~ 

WELCOME TO “WELLNESS WEDNESDAY” and to another New Year! 


🥳A new year brings new opportunities and a fresh start to our health and wellness journeys.

🎊It is always wonderful that the New Year is a time of reflection and aspiration…

⭐️There are various ways to take care of yourself and incorporate time for your overall Wellness & Well-being

image_1704862148.png


🎈As you start the year and focus or “Re-focus” on your wellness, Healthy living is here for you. 

🎉Please Take a moment to search our community for: *Health & wellness tips;

*Workouts & Fitness,

*Emotional Health & Support; 

*Healthy Living Buddies! (Find a partner for extra support & accountability in your goals).

….And More 🙂

———————————————

QUESTIONS: 

⭐️How Are You Managing & Taking Care of your Well-being Today?! 

⭐️How Can You Incorporate a Wellness Goal for yourself this year?! …If you’ve already done so, what are your goals and how are you implementing them?! 


29
User Profile: bouncyMusic133
bouncyMusic133 January 10th, 2024

@PoliteOcean

⭐️How Are You Managing & Taking Care of your Well-being Today?! 

Today I took some time to breathe and did the mindfulness exercises. 

⭐️How Can You Incorporate a Wellness Goal for yourself this year?! …If you’ve already done so, what are your goals and how are you implementing them?! 

I want to be able to incorporate 5000 steps a day to my daily routine. 

User Profile: PoliteOcean
PoliteOcean OP January 10th, 2024

@bouncyMusic133

Oh how awesome! 

I think it’s wonderful that you were able to make time for yourself and well-being by doing the mindfulness exercises. They really can be so calming, soothing, or even uplifting. Either way it’s a positive thing that you did for yourself. Keep up the great work. 

I love the goal that you have for yourself this year by increasing steps! I think that working towards 5,000/day is very reachable and attainable! Having  a good tracker or pedometer could help you with this goal. And of course all the little ways you can sneak them in. 

Parking further away. 

Dancing or moving for 10 mins a day 

Doing household chores. 

Waking around the block or with a pet (or accountability partner)… 

more finding a great YouTube (or other) video doing something you enjoy. 

We wish you all the best on your health and well-being goals this year. We hope to hear how things are moving along for you! 




User Profile: bouncyMusic133
bouncyMusic133 January 10th, 2024

@PoliteOcean

thank you so much for your kind words.

User Profile: Aputik
Aputik January 10th, 2024

Dancing for a little while... I love the recommendation!

I do walk/bike everywhere I go it's good for my health and the environment. Technology is great in many ways, we can go further with cars, we can turn the lights on from bed when we're sick... But it can make us sluggish and lazy if we're not careful. We're meant to move (unless we have any physical impairment), which makes us feel better.

load more
User Profile: Tinywhisper11
Tinywhisper11 January 10th, 2024

@bouncyMusic133 yaaay! Well done  ❤❤gives you a giant tiny hug

load more
User Profile: ImpudentIncognito
ImpudentIncognito January 10th, 2024

⭐️How Are You Managing & Taking Care of your Well-being Today?! 

 Today, I've been drinking water consistently and eating more often (trying to gain weight be healthy). Apart from that, I've decided to go ahead and take a "rest day" and not overwork myself.

⭐️How Can You Incorporate a Wellness Goal for yourself this year?! …If you’ve already done so, what are your goals and how are you implementing them?! For the New Year, I have quit drinking alcohol and smoking MJ. Apart from that, I cook more at home and eat out less and less. I reduce my junk food intake and avoid sugars. Eventually, I would love to cut out caffeine as well. Furthermore, I've been using the SMART goal plan, journaling, and I have a habit tracker app that's been helpful to reaching my goals.

User Profile: Aputik
Aputik January 10th, 2024

Sweet! Well done!

Sugars are a nightmare to cut off... Everytime you have some you crave some for the next day or two, I find the solution is not to have any added sugars at all otherwise it's a nightmare.

Would you mind sharing the habit tracking App name if you found it useful?

User Profile: ImpudentIncognito
ImpudentIncognito January 10th, 2024

@Aputik  Hello there 👋! I use "Loop Habit Tracker". It's very simple, minimalist, and the developers respect the user's privacy -- so they don't have access to the user's data.

For me, my sugars are in liquid form. I tend to love fruit drinks like lemonade, orange juice, apple juice, and mixed alcoholic beverages-- all of these are high in sugar. Even coffee too, depending on how its made. I don't mind black coffee, but just generally want to avoid caffeine if I can for health related concerns.

I don't like sugary foods like cake, or candy. I have issue with the liquids... I used to drink a lot of soda back in the day, but now I find it kinda gross. I ended up replacing my sugary fruit drinks with water... Anytime I crave a lemonade, I just get myself a glass of water. I'm thinking of using lemons/limes to add flavour to the water. I also drink milk, such as soy or almond. I don't really like dairy milk. My son drinks lactose free dairy, I tried it and still don't like dairy...I probably should still drink some for calcium though heh.

User Profile: Aputik
Aputik January 10th, 2024

I love minimalist, that's totally 'me', thanks for sharing the app!!

Oh yeah fruit juices are nice! unfortunately the ones you find at the shop are really really sweet. I was shocked the first time I realised, I thought they were a healthy choice... :/

If you're into cooking you could make your own blends, you won't make them as sweet as they are in store and you can develop a taste for less sweet stuff. Like what you did with soda! Nice win ;)

Here's a link with all the calcium sources including non-dairy and how they contribute to your daily intake. It may help you out or at least give you some guidance: https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/15-calcium-rich-foods#TOC_TITLE_HDR_8

User Profile: ImpudentIncognito
ImpudentIncognito January 11th, 2024

@Aputik Yeah, the app is pretty nice! 😊 Also, thank you for the link, it'll definitely help out with my current health journey.  I'm going to try them out to change up my drink routine. 🍹

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: Tinywhisper11
Tinywhisper11 January 10th, 2024

@ImpudentIncognito wow! Cognito good for you ❤ your a very strong person ❤❤ hug s you tightly

User Profile: ImpudentIncognito
ImpudentIncognito January 11th, 2024

@Tinywhisper11 You're too kind, thank you Tiny!🫂💕🌟

load more
load more
User Profile: orangeHuman868
orangeHuman868 January 10th, 2024

@PoliteOcean

Q1. Today I had a rest day. I slept in until 7.00am, went to the pool and only swam 1/2 the amount of laps, took time out of my day to actually sit down and enjoy a cup of coffee, and completed my 10 min breathing exercises.


Q2. My overall goal is to continue on my mental health journey. My choice this year is to be alcohol free. To achieve this I am taking the advice of so many on here and just to doing it one day at a time. I am also finding that posting on here is helping me as there has been supportive comments which makes me feel included. All of this is wonderfully helpful.

User Profile: Tinywhisper11
Tinywhisper11 January 10th, 2024

@orangeHuman868 good luck ❤ we're all rooting for you ❤❤

User Profile: Aputik
Aputik January 10th, 2024

Well done you!!

I need some tips since I'm also giving up alcohol. I don't particularly enjoy it but drink it because of the social circumstances. What do you drink instead when you go to a bar with friends?

User Profile: orangeHuman868
orangeHuman868 January 11th, 2024

@Aputik

I actually try to avoid the situations as best I can or make sure I have something to do the nex day that I really enjoy so I think about that instead of feeling like I am missing out. If I am to go out I just drink diet softdrinks usually. However, I have seen alot of 0% alcohol drinks out, tasted many and they are fine at least you feel like you are part of the crowd. Good luck. Take one day at a time, thats all I am doing. 

User Profile: Aputik
Aputik January 11th, 2024

Thanks!

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: Tinywhisper11
Tinywhisper11 January 10th, 2024

@PoliteOcean I don't exactly have goals, I just cruise through life!😎 today well  sick again😥 I've lost my voice and am taking antibiotics and steroids for chest infection😟 so self care for today stay in bed ❤😁

User Profile: PoliteOcean
PoliteOcean OP January 10th, 2024

@Tinywhisper11

Awww Tiny we are so sorry  to hear that you arent feeling well :( 

But it sounds like you are doing something for your wellness today by taking your meds to get better and feel better! And that you are taking care of yourself overall. And that’s a good thing. 

We hope for you the meds are helping and that you are starting to get better from within. We are here for you and send hugs and positive vibes your way! Self care is the best! ❤️

User Profile: orangeHuman868
orangeHuman868 January 11th, 2024

@Tinywhisper11

Hope you are feeling better soon.

User Profile: Tinywhisper11
Tinywhisper11 January 12th, 2024

@orangeHuman868 thanks human ❤❤ but dont worry my immune system doesn't exsist, so I get ill a lot, but I'll be ok🤗 gives you a giant tiny hug ❤

load more
load more
User Profile: InsightfulPhoenix
InsightfulPhoenix January 10th, 2024

⭐️How Are You Managing & Taking Care of your Well-being Today?! 

I have some morning mantra cards that I pull every morning and I do this as a self-care ritual because it helps me keep my mood stabilized, that I enjoy pulling the morning mantra cards they have some funny things on there.

⭐️How Can You Incorporate a Wellness Goal for yourself this year?! …If you’ve already done so, what are your goals and how are you implementing them?! 

So part of my wellness goal is a method called " Letters I'll never send" it is something I do when I have suffered a traumatic experience and I write a letter to the person whom created the trauma within me, then I rip apart as a sign of releasing myself from their clutches. This is something that I will always do because it helps with feeling free from the darkness of the circumstance and helps me feel more bonded to my chakras


User Profile: PoliteOcean
PoliteOcean OP January 10th, 2024

@InsightfulPhoenix

Mantra cards and releasing negative energy are both awesome & amazing  ways to work on your wellness today (and everyday)! 

Wonderful job to you there and continue to keep up the great work that you are doing. I know how hard you’ve been working on your goals. 

load more
User Profile: SunShineAlwaysGrateful
SunShineAlwaysGrateful January 11th, 2024

@PoliteOcean

How Are You Managing & Taking Care of your Well-being Today?! 


I am taking care of my flu resting and meds. I bought an incredible journal for 2024 on mindset loving it! 💕💕💕


⭐️How Can You Incorporate a Wellness Goal for yourself this year?! …If you’ve already done so, what are your goals and how are you implementing them?! 


Good habits looking after me physically food and activity! But mental health and sleep as well … I want to explore happiness what does that look like adding JOY where I can such backgammon games with my nesting partner or coloring before bed to unwind just changing things up in retirement … living my best life ….

User Profile: PoliteOcean
PoliteOcean OP January 11th, 2024

@SunShineAlwaysGrateful

Hey Sun~ 

Thats good that you are doing the most important thing right now and that’s continuing to take care of yourself while your body is tying to recuperate. 

Awesome on the new journal… I have so many of those and love looking for new ones that are colorful or inspirational. I think it helps even more in staying consistent. Enjoy 😊 

It also sounds like you have a lot of great goals and focuses to incorporate in your wellness plan going forwards. And through those goals it’s no doubt that living your best life can certainly be achieved. Kuddos!  

User Profile: Tinywhisper11
Tinywhisper11 January 11th, 2024

@SunShineAlwaysGrateful how are you feeling?? Are recovering ok?? Gives you your daily medicine (20 tiny hugs) ❤

User Profile: SunShineAlwaysGrateful
SunShineAlwaysGrateful January 11th, 2024

@Tinywhisper11

On the mend thankfully thank you for asking … still on mends to help lungs but breathing better … Christmas decor still up lol 😂 that is ok I love the lights lol 😂 

User Profile: Tinywhisper11
Tinywhisper11 January 11th, 2024

@SunShineAlwaysGrateful yeah! Just leave them up till next year😂😂😂😂😂 eat lots of soup, hot tea and icecream ❤ stay warm and 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔 sleep. I'm going to have to give you a double dose of medicine today 20 more giant tiny hugs ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

load more
load more
User Profile: Aputik
Aputik January 11th, 2024

JOY is a blessing. Best of lucks!

load more